Credit for today

• I'm trying to work through the Beck Diet Solution. It's a little hard because I'm doing with the Audiobook, but it's better than nothing I figure. I really need to get a handle on my food issues...

Today I have to give myself credit. At 3:00pm I was struck by hunger and I paniced because it's 2 more hours til I get off and at least another hour after that until dinner. I had eaten my pm snack early like an idiot and I was panicing. I told myself, don't worry this will pass, this is not an emergency. Probably 30-45 mins later I realized I wasn't hungry anymore. But then I started getting really tired (so obviously I was still hungry) and I thought well, I guess I could have some coffee, but that will eat into my dinner cals...I'd better not. Now it's 4:30 and I know I can make it 30 more mins without eating anything or having any coffee and go home and make myself a nutritious filling dinner. So credit for me. I think where I'm struggling is knowing that I'll never live like a *normal* person when it comes to food. I'm always going to struggle with bored eating, stressed eating, binge eating, etc. etc. But if I want to stay fit and healthy that struggle is going to have to be worth it...I cannot...I WILL not go back to my *fat* life...I WILL not...and if that means journaling for the rest of my life and counting till the cows come home well then so be it. I'm worth it! My family is worth it! WE ALL are worth it! Ugh, I feel like motivational speaker or something...

ETA: I just realized that I have to go to the gym today before home, so dinner is farther away than I thought! Double credit!
  • You did a great job today with not caving in to hunger! It sounds like you were having that midafternoon slump a lot of us have. You managed it well with good self talk and you reminded yourself of why you are dieting. And yes, most of us will have to always watch WHY we are eating.
    Congrats on losing over 100 pounds ... that is phenomenal!
    You rocked today!

• Have you seen our Beck Diet Solution forum?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution-234/