W.O.W. Memorial Day Challenge 2010~Week 7

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Time is flying by! Its time to kick it into high gear!

Week 1: 142
    Week 2: 140
    Week 3: 142
    Week 4: 140
    Week 5: 142
    Week 6: 141
    Week 7: 144 EW EW EW

I went most of the weekend without a real workout, My eating was so so. TOM came 7 days early which didn't make me happy at all. So my scale is way up.
  • I am sooo close to the 220's, which was my goal for this challenge. I didn't think I was going to make it, but now I think I just might. I was 231.5 on Saturday - I'm up 1.3 today but I think it is because I didn't drink enough water over the weekend. I stayed within my calorie range and had good calorie deficits, but did have more carbs than normal. Saturday I walked in the charity walk (in the rain) ~ 2 miles in 32 minutes. I was pretty pleased with myself :-). This morning before work I walked/jogged 1.2 miles in 19 minutes (in the rain), which is 5 minutes faster than I've been able to do it up until now (in my neighborhood where I walk it is very hilly and the sidewalks are in terrible shape ~ not sure I'll be able to get much faster than this, but we'll see).

Week 1: 247.4
    Week 2: 241.2
    Week 3: 240.5
    Week 4: 236.4 (the 220's are in sight)
    Week 5: 235.6 TOM
    Week 6: 237 (Monday, May 10)
    Week 7: 232.8

W: At least 48 ounces of water
    E: Minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week ~ Walk at least 1 mile daily
    E: Calories within 1600-1800
    D: Clean out my closet & dresser - get rid of things I don't/can't wear
  • Kris you are doing absolutely awsome!! I am so proud of you.

I didn't post my WEED this morning:

W 80 oz
    E 30 minute run (only 2.5 miles but it was still a good run) 20 minutes on the elliptical 10 minutes on weights 10 minutes abs
    E I am aiming for 1200 cals.
    D no peanut butter.
  • Great job Kris. Keep up the good work and you will make it.

I am back again. My youngest graduated from college this weekend and we celebrated a bit too much. I need to get back on track but it won't be easy with him being home for a while.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
    E - walk 15 minutes on treadmill
    E - 1200 - 1400 calories
    D - work on training the dog
  • Thanks guys. I'm trying. In addition to wanting to be into the 220's by Memorial Day, I have a wedding to go to June 26 and would like to drop another 10 (from now) by then (that's 6 weeks). I have drank so much water today I feel like I'm gonna drown. It's just after 3:00 pm and I've downed about 100 ounces so far.
  • Week 1- 178.6
    Week2- 175.8 That looks pretty, huh??
    Week 3- 181. REALLY??? how can that happen??
    Week 4- 179.6 This is crazy.
    Week 5- 179.6 It is also TOM.
    Week 6- 178.2 Same ole tune.
    Week 7- 178.4

That's all I've got to say today.
  • Morning everyone. Yesterday was a really good day for me WEED wise. Today is going to be the same.

Popcorn, glad you are back.

Kris~I have a wedding the same day! I found out my 15th class reuninon is coming up. I'd really like to be at my goal then. So I really need to commit to my food.

Mindy~I know how you feel.

W 64 oz
    E work day so nothing. I need to figure out something
    E 1200
    D dont stress too much.
  • Jeni~ I already have the dress I'm gonna wear to the wedding bought. It's a wrap dress and my sister, niece, mom, etc. all say it looks really good, but I just would like to have a little less tummy by the time that wedding rolls around. Even with a shaper on under it I'm not happy with the way it looks. I've attached a picture my sister took on Saturday - the angle of the picture actually makes my tummy look bigger than it is. I am sure you will look great for your reunion.

• I was over calories on my WEED yesterday but overall it was a good day. I had a bad headache in the evening and I always eat when I don't feel good because I think it will make me feel better.

Kris - you look great. You still have a few weeks to go until that wedding so it will look even better by the wedding.

Jeni - good job on yesterday's WEED. Will your goal weight be close to what you weighed in high school?

Mindy - stick with it. Let's do this together. So there are only two weeks left - we can make it the best two weeks. One day at a time.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
    E - 30 minutes of aerobic activity
    E - 1200 - 1400 calories
    D - take the steps to the bathroom on the third floor at work at least once
  • hey everyone im back..
    week2 255.2
    3 244.8
    4 238
    6 245
    7 238.4

kris .. the dress looks so pretty.. stay strong and you will accomplish your goal..
  • Thanks guys. I liked the dress a whole lot more before I saw the picture. :-)
  • Kris~I agree you look great!

Popcorn~for most of highschool I was at 135. My senior year I lost about 20 pounds, but I looked terrible. 130 just seems so nice, but my body does not want to be less than 136. So I just hope I can get back to the 136 and stay firm and toned.

Today was a busy day at work, then I had to move mak from my sisters to nana's so nana could take her to cheerleading while I took Tommy to swim lessons. Wow. It only gets crazier from here.

WEED is good, but I need to eat more (for a change I've only eaten 600 cals so far). So time to hunt myself up something to eat.

Tiara~ Welcome back. I'm glad to see you.
  • Yesterday's WEED went very well.

Kris - I always feel that way when I see myself in pictures. I hated the thought of being in my son's graduation pictures with my weight up but it is what it is. Just focus on all of the progress you have made - you look great.

Tiara - Welcome back. I just jumped back in two days ago.

Jeni - that sounds like a good plan for your weight goal. You will look great at your reunion no matter what because you have been working out and that always gives a person a glow.

I am curious though with all these talks of weddings and reunions. How often have you guys "dieted" with an event or deadline in mind? Does it work for you?

With thirty years of dieting experience under my belt I find that I am more successful when I just diet. Trying to lose it for an event tends to stress me more and I usually feel worse about myself at the event - e.g. the graduation.

Today's WEED-

W - 64 oz.
    E - 1 mile
    E - 1200 - 1400 calories
    D - clicker training the dog
  • Popcorn~I always step up my workouts when I am a few months out from Disneyland (every march). I do find that my weight goes up a bit when I loosen up on my rigorous schedule. The trick for me is not letting it go up too much.

I'm glad to say that I'm back down to 140 after mondays w/i. I think my body knows that I post my w/i on monday so it holds onto more water then.

W 80 oz
    E 50 cardio 10 weights 10 abs
    E 1200 cals. Keep it clean and under control
    D take my vitamins.
  • Week 1: 177.4
    Week 2: 177.2
    Week 3: 177.2
    Week 4: 177.2
    Week 5: 176.2
    Week 6: 175.8
    Week 7: 175.2

Well it's not as low as I was hoping, but then again I went off plan a few days this past week and didn't burn off as many calories as usual.