IP Chat - Week of May 16th

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • so I brought all the cookies in my pantry for my parents and what do they do you ask?? they put them on a serving platter and leave it in the middle of the living room I kid you not, now I have to look at them in front of me, whereas before they were in the pantry love it NOT.
  • Quote: so I brought all the cookies in my pantry for my parents and what do they do you ask?? they put them on a serving platter and leave it in the middle of the living room I kid you not, now I have to look at them in front of me, whereas before they were in the pantry love it NOT.
    Be STRONG!!! STEP AWAY FROM THE COOKIES! Your thighs will love you for it!

Think about something you really want! A few weeks ago, maybe before you joined us, one of our group asked each of us what our motivation was for losing. WHAT is that THING that you REALLY REALLY want or look forward to when you are at your goal weight? What drives you to even begin to care if you are a thin, healthy weight? Try to answer that and keep that in front of you when you are needing to get past a craving or temptation. Maybe make a visual board of the thing or things so you can look at it each day.

For me, being thin again, gives me back my life. I know it seems dramatic but, that is how much I have hampered myself by living in my "fat self". I have spent the past 15 or so years like this :
    I don't feel comfortable in groups. I don't play sports they way I use to or want to. I am self conscious at the gym doing certain activities because I don't like how I look doing some things. I don't dress how I want because the things don't fit. I don't flirt because who would date the fat girl. I don't try or take chances on anything where image might be of importance. And so, much more.

I most look forward to looking at my life through "normal" eyes. Through being the person I want to be and not being ashamed of who I had become. I can't wait to be skiing, surfing, scuba diving, pool parties, playing volley ball, hiking, traveling (and not feeling cramped in the chair), snowboarding, playing tennis, golfing, dance lessons, ballet, better yoga moves, chasing my nieces and nephews, and more! I want to build a great wardrobe of designer clothes. I want to wear my mother and grandmother's heirloom jewelry. I would like to model again. I want to curl up in my big chair, with a good book, and FEEL small. I want to be healthy and live long ( my grandparents and great grandparents, great aunts and uncles have all lived to their 90's and 100's). I want to be able to help other people with what I know about the body, health, and nutrition and not have them thinking "yeah, right! So why are YOU fat??"

These are some of my motivators! WHAT are yours! ???
  • Well, here we are at the end of another week!

Please join us and continue the chat on this week's link!

May 17 - 23
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...y-17-23-a.html
  • Quote: Thank you and how many drinks come in a pack of the vanilla?
    4 come in a pack. They are $10 but you can get them
    on sale frequently for about $8.
  • Quote: THANKS! I am just amazed! I was never able to wear those sizes before at this weight so I am floored that I even got into them. I know I have spent the past few years working out a lot, lifting weights and doing strength training but I guess it is starting to show as the body fat is burning off? ELIZABETH!! Any thoughts?? I just checked and my thigh measurements are smaller than they were 15 years ago in a pair of jeans I used to wear. I am a pretty definite hour glass shape and have a large/heavy bone structure so, I used to fit into smaller sizes than my weight would suggest but this is surprising even to me.
    ABSOLUTELY!

Again, MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT! I tell my clients ALWAYS to focus more on inches or how their clothes fit for that reason... The scale frustrates them but them when you ask them how their clothes fit they say "yeah I'm smaller" HAHAHAHA

At my smallest size as a trainer (a size 6 I believe) I too was 15 to 20lbs heavier than the last time I fit into that size. And muscle is GREAT because you look good with definition AND that muscle BURNS fat more!

The scale helps us gauge some things but we get quite obsessed (at least I know I do) with that number and forget how our clothes are getting smaller ;-)

WAY TO GO on your NSV!!!
  • Well, here we are at the end of another week!

Please join us and continue the chat on this week's link!

May 17 - 23
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...y-17-23-a.html
  • Quote: Bravo!! A size 0!!! ??? OMG!! I can't begin to see myself in that size. I still have 23 pounds to get to your weight but, to see a size 0! I might just FAINT! You must be so proud of all you have accomplished! What did your sister-in-law say about you in the skirt??
    That is what the label indicated but I fit in size 6/8 now so maybe it was mislabelled! Cannot tell you how strange it felt! Haven't had the chance to tell her - hoping on showing it to her by the end of June!

Still loosing inches but the scale is going up and no cheating involved... HELP!!