Biggest Loser Season 10!

You're on Page 6 of 17
Go to
  • I miss this show! I didn't catch last season and pretty much let myself go again. Now watching this show and despite all the drama it's really helping me kick start my healthy lifestyle again.
  • anybody liking the new position of the yellow line and the elimination challenges? Fair or not?
  • I like it. It shakes things up a bit. And means those having a bad weeks till have a chance.

It amuses me how much it freaks them out though. There is still only one person going home. They act like half the house is going.
  • Quote: It amuses me how much it freaks them out though. There is still only one person going home. They act like half the house is going.
    I noticed that too. Buncha worrywarts and whiners this group is this year
  • I wonder if TBL is fizzling out? I don't see any buzz online about it this season and even this thread used to be so lively in past seasons.
  • I think a lot of people stopped watching after Jillian Michaels brought out a diet pill. I know I did. I think she's a sell out now. I lost ALL respect for her. Her diet pills are dangerous and I can't believe she'd allow her name to be put on it. That's just my opinion though.
  • I realized watching the show this past week that this is the first time that I have weighed less than all of the contestants. I know they'll soon catch up and pass me, lol, but it was a cool thing to finally have them all weigh more than me, at least starting out.

I don't really watch it for the game play, the drama, for Bob or Jillian, or for nutrition/exercise tips. I watch it because seeing people realize their potential and achieve what they thought impossible, is truly inspiring to me. I love seeing people who were just like me create, through sheer determination and hard work, a new life for themselves.
  • Jillian's diet pill didn't bother me at all....didn't encourage me to take it in any way, shape or form because she was promoting it. As far as I can tell she doesn't promote the pill on the show, and I still think she's a good trainer.

But this season hasn't really hooked me at all yet. There's nobody I really care about at this point, you know? Not that I DON'T care about the ones there, but nobody is really standing out.
  • I am with Mindi. I am watching the episodes but the show is not really grabbing me like it used to. I don't mind Jillian's pills either - everybody is free to make up his/her mind what to take. I also see I am doing a lot of other things while the show is on. Last night, for example, I talked with my BF on the phone (in previous years, I would not pick up and I would let the answering get it), I was washing the dishes during the commercial and straightening out the kitchen (again, not anything I would have done in previous seasons).

I have to say I am annoyed with the 2 hour format. It seems to me that they are struggling to fill in the 2 hours (or whatever is left from the 2 hours after you deduct 40 minutes or who knows how many for commercial breaks). Last night, I turned it on when the cupcake challenge was in progress. I find it entirely stupid to force them to eat cupcakes when they are trying to lose weight. I prefer to watch the exercise as opposed to the other stuff (I cannot care less about Bob's house or what's in his fridge (I am surprised there wasn't any Jennie O turkey - but this season they are pitching Brita more LOL).

Also, I am very annoyed with many of the challenges because it seems to me that the women's chances to win are, due to the nature of the tasks, much lower than the men's. For example, last night, the carpet roll - it was practically impossible for a woman to win.
  • They guy that always complains about the girlfriend he lost gets on my nerves. I doubt he left his girlfriend, I think it's the other way around...

All the other contestants seem okay though.
  • I find myself cheering on Elizabeth. I find her to be so weak, and the most in need of help. I don't like the guys, especially the Brenden/Frado clique thing. When my DH saw the meal that Bob had prepared, he said "Now that would be delicious if you put some chicken on it!!" Alas, he is a carnivore, and I don't think that will ever change.

I also want Ada to tell her family to go to Hades!!!
  • If Ada's parents were even talking to her before the show, I would bet they aren't now. She's basically shown to the world that they're not the most loving of people and she's probably humilated them. I wouldn't be surprised if they've disowned her at this point. I'm not Asian--Italian actually--but I think the value placed on honor, family loyalty, respecting your parents, keeping your mouth shut about family matters, etc. runs deep in both cultures.

I hope that guy who fell during the race (Cory?) makes it in. He needs it so much.

This alliance of the guys won't mean much if they end up on opposing teams.

I thought Frado would have saved Elizabeth from the challenge. But then maybe he thought (or talked it over with his guys) that Elizabeth wouldn't have been voted off anyway.

BTW, I read somewhere online that Aaron's wife cheated on him...I think one of the other contestants mentioned it.

And....quick mention...did anybody see Season 8 winner Danny Cahill on The Doctors yesterday? They removed his excess skin and two months later his torso looks much better than I would have expected at that point.
  • I felt horrible for Ada. I was uncomfortable when Jillian taunted her by asking if her yelling was "like being at home" but understood why she did it. She's not used to succeeding and needs to realize she's doing a good job.

Loved Bob's house and loved how great everyone looked in normal clothes.
  • I am rooting for Adam. I really like him and his determination. I also lost my mother to complications from obesity when I was in my early 30's so I can really relate.

Quote: I don't like the guys, especially the Brenden/Frado clique thing. I also want Ada to tell her family to go to Hades!!!
    I agree 100 %. I can't stand Frado. Hate to listen to him grunting and groaning. It's like he needs constant attention. I also don't like that they feel threatened by Adam so he instantly becomes a target to get off the show instead of a motivator to work their a$$es off. An Ada's family..what more can I add. Unbelievable that her sibling dying is their fault for walking away from an infant and a toddler in a pool but they choose to blame her.

[QUOTE=trekkiegirl;3520996I hope that guy who fell during the race (Cory?) makes it in. He needs it so much.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I really liked him and he showed a lot of heart for getting up after the first fall.

Quote: I felt horrible for Ada. I was uncomfortable when Jillian taunted her by asking if her yelling was "like being at home" but understood why she did it. She's not used to succeeding and needs to realize she's doing a good job.
    I understand what Jillian is trying to do but I dislike when she mixes pop psychology with personal training. That girl is damaged and should be seeing a qualified therapist.
  • Frado...SHUT UP!!!! It drives me INSANE that he's so loud while working out. I mean grunt a little, puff and pant...but the screaming and yelling is just stupid. I want him voted off just to have some quiet.