Women of Color #3

You're on Page 21 of 34
Go to
  • Hey ladies and congrats on all your progress, and Brit please take care of yourself!
    Im still around and doing my Turbo Jam 5 days a week, I lost a total of 6lbs for the months of July which is great, but Im pushing harder and cleaning up my diet in August for more progress!
  • Thanks fivestone! I live in the Cayman Islands now but I am from Jamaica so I will be going home as well as taking a trip to the States. I am worried about my food intake as it will be really hard to resist the temptations to indulge but I will have to! I have come too far to throw it all away.
  • Quote: Thanks fivestone! I live in the Cayman Islands now but I am from Jamaica so I will be going home as well as taking a trip to the States. I am worried about my food intake as it will be really hard to resist the temptations to indulge but I will have to! I have come too far to throw it all away.
    Hey, cool! I've never been to any Caribbean Island but I would really like to visit some time.

Are you worried about just the food being there, or pressure from people to eat? For me, I've experienced both, but I try to have options available to myself so I don't set my self up to give in to temptation.
  • Quote: Are you worried about just the food being there, or pressure from people to eat?
    Both.....I love Caribbean food...its absolutely delicious but since I live alone I am more able to monitor my portions and the type of food I eat. My mother looooves to cook and as such I know she will be pressuring me to indulge. On top of that, I miss her cooking so thats added temptation.
  • slim how many days will you be there? maybe you can eat at maintence range and throw in a little exercise? i was off plan heavily for about 2 weeks straight but once i got back on plan...lost the weight(about 5lbs..but surprisingly bout 3 of the pounds was water weight) in about a week
  • Thanks for the advice Brit. I will be there fore 2 weeks in all so I will definitely try and get some workouts in.
  • Have fun and stay active slim! I cant wait to visit jamaica next year. a few of my girls and i plan to visit. I hope im at goal by then*crosses fingers* lol
  • good afternoon ladies,
    I didn't make my 10 miles for the month of July...I missed it by one mile but I was proud of the fact that I got that far.

Haven't set any goals for the month of August yet. Still working on getting in a size 14. Feels like it's taking forever. I will not get discouraged because I can do this and I've come so far.

I've not been feeling well the last couple days, my body is aching and I don't know why. I'm thinking it may be from the carpet cleaning...the cleaning products may have been too much. It got so bad last night I couldn't sleep. So I stayed home today...still have a slight headache but hope it passes soon.

Have a wonderful day and stay with your plan at all costs!!
  • jiggle -feel better!!!

Today i WI at 233.0 woo hooo the 220's are nearing!
  • hey everyone. Doing pretty good here. Seems as though everyone else is as well.

Slim CB - I agree with BRit, I think you could a little more of what you want and just be sure to in some exercise. I would get in the exercise first so that you don't eat and then not want to work out.

I am going on a cruise to Jamiaca next month and I have strssing that. Last cruise I went on I gained 9 lbs. I know i was a pig, but I will not this time. I refuse. Took me over a month to get that off.

Jiggle - I hope you feel better

Matilda - Congrats!!
  • Hey Ladies,

Its good to see that everyone is doing great.

I'm actually doing better with diet and exercise.

If anyone is on facebook there is a group called blackwomenlosingweight that is doing a 100 day challenge. Today is Day #3. They have some really great tips and a lot of motivation.

Hope everyone keeps up the great work.
  • 232.0 today yay!!! I havent worked out in about a week but Ive been watching what I eat and losing, Ive been so busy and I really miss the gym. Im going to try to get there today I miss my classes!

Mytime- I joined that group on facebook!!

Hope you are are well
  • Hey cake have fun on your cruise!!!!
  • ive been the same weight for 2 weeks..i actually went up 0.6lbs...and im wondering why...i hate when im doing great and the weight stops! the only thing i have changed up is my exercise, instead of insanity im doing leslie sansone videos and strength training(not weights but body weight,pushups,squats,lunges,etc) videos..maybe im building muscle? or is this a plateau?
  • Thanks for the love everyone. I feel great today. I bought a yoga dvd and did it this morning. I've never been so relaxed after a workout. I'm thinking I will incorporate this with running. Trying to make sure I don't wear myself out again.
    Brit - I think your body may be adjusting to the new regiment. I'm sure it will start responding in the next couple days.
    Matilda - 232!!!! Git it girl!!!
    Cake - I think if you do eat more than you plan on the cruise, they have workout facilities on board or you can run on the top deck. You'll be fine...have fun!!
    Mytime - Glad things are going well with you.
    I plan to get back on my running game today. I think my body just needed a rest and I had to get my life in order at home. Now I'm feeling centered. I'm gonna go and I'll holla back later.