Women of Color #3

You're on Page 12 of 34
Go to
  • Hey Ladies,

I made the mistake of re-commiting to my diet the day before Father's day. Being at my grandmothers' house with all that food, dessert, and family...let's just say, bad combination. I did watch my portions and I only had one "plate". I also only ate dessert there and did not bring any home. I wasn't on plan, but I did better than usual. And today is a new day, and it's going well...

Fivestone: Thanks for the welcome back. I'm here to stay until I'm done .

Beaka: You are motivating me to look into some running clubs in my area. I've always disliked running because of the "girls" but I'm sure I can find a supportive solution .

Matilda: I'm jumping on your wagon to be in the 220's by August. I think a little challenge might do me some good. I need to loose 16 lbs to get there and I know I can do it .

Jigglefree: Congrats on your size 14!!!!!! I look forward to my jean size being less than the 16/18 it is right now. Gone with your bad self!!!!! I also work 10 hours days to have an extra day off during the week, so I understand being tired at the end of the day.
  • Hey Ladies. Ya'll are doing awesome. I have been so busy with PINK Ladies Running (the club I started for women) and keeping myself on track it has been hard to be online. Plus there is a new addition.......I will be instructing boot camp.

I had a 8K this past saturday. Here are some pics of me and my homie Jenny

• Beaka My love you are sooooo awesome. You are doing so great! I told you would love running. I have signed up to a Full Marathon at Disney in January....so excited!

Jiggle I am so happy to see that you are still trucking along. A SIZE 14!!!! That is GREAT!!! you are doing the dayum thang!

Brit I love your profile pic. You look so pretty. And i won't even worry about you not working out! You are so dedicated i can see you doing, jumping jacks and squats real quick on a break lol

Matilda You are doing great. YOu are really staying comitted. Congratulations on the 230's

Hello to everyone else! I shall return soon
  • cake...congrats..looks like you had fun! and congrats beaka..seems like everyone here is running but me?! im too self conscious to run in front of people..im so used to working out at home in the privacy of my own room

jiggle...for my hair i use mainly natural ingredients..shea butter,coconut/olive oils.,black soap,aloe juice and water..and some cheap conditioners
  • You guys look great. BRIT I think that if you give running a try you will like and and you will also be surprised at how far or long you can jog for. I jogged for ten minutes straight the other day and i could not believe it! Working yourself up to certain workouts is always best, I think you should try it. Not to mention how great last week was I think I lost about four lbs maybe three
  • I'm down to 138.9 today. I'm so excited about that. My mini goal is to lose at least 2 more pounds by the end of this month.

fivestone- 15 pounds in a month! thats awesome!

beaka-congrats on the race. Your motivating me to run at least one race this summer.

matilda- congrats with gettin into the 230s and jogging.

jiggle- congrats!! your gonna be at your goal size in no time.

brit-I also been working a lot this summer. Fitting time to exercise before or after work has been a challenge in itself. Its good you have a plan.

cake- I like your group. Whats boot camp like? 8K? wow. thats amazing!
  • I did so well yesterday with my plan. I had to rest from running though i had a foot issue but I am back on it tonight!! I have a running meet with the girls and then boot camp. And I have new wxercises for them! YAY!

Brit- THanks. When I first started running I didn't want anyone looking at me either. So I would go to a park or something where i didn't know anyone and go for it. I think once you got the hang of it you would be singing a new tune. I think you would love it because you are self challenging type of person

Energie - AWESOME! I know you are so happy!!! I am going to really get rid of these last 10 pound once and for all. Boot Camp is a class that consists of basic exercises like push-ups, loads of squats, sit-ups, jumping jacks and a few twists. It's done military style.

Matilda - you lost 4 lbs? WTG honey! Thats awesome!
  • Cake- thats great and you are looking more toned and defined!!!! I bet its that running. Keep up the good work you and beaka are the ones that made me want to start running.

Dang we need to meet up one day so we can workout and go for a jog lol lol!
  • ???? what kind of sneakers do you guys run/jog in? I wear nike air max so far they are great!
  • Hi Ladies

I'm new here and new to weight loss. I'm hoping to get some support and tips on working out, weight loss, eating right,etc. I look forward to getting to know you all!
  • I'm feeling pretty today. I'm gonna be running after work on the treadmill. I'm on plan with my eating and have been all week. I took a picture today to see how I look. The mirrors sometimes tells me I look slim and then I take a picture I look huge to myself. What do you all think?

Cake - I can run a mile now. You were right, you told me you thought I would do it before summer was over.
    Matilda - I run in Puma Sneakers. I going to get me some Addidas next week. They have good arch support and I need that with my flat feet.
    Energie - good work on getting to 138.9!!!
    Brit - Do you use the shea butter, coconut and olive oils on a daily basis and wash with black soap, aloe juice and water. Then condition after you wash? I'm planning on getting braids this weekend and I want something that will help keep my hair growing and healthy. Thanks for the info.
    Girl6nyc - WELCOME!! Jump right in and have fun with us.

• So since I'm new to this whole weight loss diet thing... can anyone tell me where would I go to come up with a good meal plan? I plan on buying & doing the Chalean Extreme to help jumpstart my exercise plan.

I literally am starting from 0 here! LOL I was used to eating whatever I liked for years and not have any weight gain. I was slim but not in shape kwim? Now that I'm older (i'll be 40 at the end of the summer) I would like to get in shape and not gain any more weight.

I guess I should read more of this forum...
  • Hello ladies!!!! Welcome girl6!!!!

Jiggle YES I see a difference. Especially from the first pic you posted when you had on the black and white dress! Keep up the good work.......

Im off to the gym to go for my jog! Today Ill try to jog longer than ten mins. So far my best jog session was 1.84 miles in 30mins today Id like to try to beat that. I drank over the weekend so im up a few lbs. I have to run them off. I NEED to see 230's solid!
  • Thought I'd drop in and say hi!
  • Hey, ya'll just peepin in while I'm at work, so ya'll know I got the window all minimized incase some nosy folks walk by!!!

I'm loving the energy of the thread right now!!!! These pics are amazing!!! I see a big difference in you Jiggle and then Cake over there with the pink ladies!!! Ya'll are doin it!!! Plus everybody's talking about starting running! I feel like there's gonna be a big wave of black women starting running this summer, and it can all be traced back to us! YES!!!

Jigglefree- You are just that! You're looking much tighter these days!!!

Matilda- Way to go with the running. Just don't push it. Take rest days in between and slowly increase your mileage. I don't want to see you with an injury.

energie- congrats on the loss!

Ok... gotta get back to work so I can get the heck outta here soon!!!