one onion chopped
    3-4 cloves garlic minced
    8 fillets tilapia chopped
    3 cans coconut milk
    2-3 T red curry paste (to taste)
    5-6 T fish sauce (to taste)
    1.5 c vegetable stock
    coconut oil, onion and garlic until onion is cooked to clear
    add coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce and stock cook until bubbling and mixed thoroughly
    add fish and simmer until fish is cooked through.
    that sounds delish!!

I didn't workout today, but walked a lot doing errands... Yesterday I went roller blading with DD I hadn't been in about 2 years, it's like riding a bike you don't forget it .... It was fun but there was an extremely stiff wind but I just figure that I burned more calories. Last night I went to the gym. I am a definite gym rat, I have been going for 25 years , regularly... the only time I took off was 2 three week breaks when I had the kids...
    I love weight training

Food was good today too I just enjoyed a piece of dark chocolate and tea ...
  • So...I had real pizza last night, my first cheat in 6 weeks! Let me just say I will never ever do that again, the misery afterwards is no fun. It really was a great lesson, I used to think feeling like crap after a meal was normal and having a stomach ache was part of it, now that I know better I realize how my body really feels when being treated good. Last night after the pizza I felt horrid. I didn't beat myself up though...I know I learned a valuable lesson and I'm starting fresh this morning!

I'm going to try a 5k on the treadmill this morning to try and burn some extra pizza off and take a nice long walk with the kiddos this afternoon, its supposed to be sunny today. I may IF the rest of the day, we'll see.

That fish soup sounds amazing...I'm going to give it a try next week!
  • Hi everyone! I'm intrigued by this PB lifestyle. I've been getting Mark's emails and have ordered the cook book. I have a quick question for you though....

About the coconut oil...I bought some at a CSA food conference. It says Organic Virgin Coconut oil and it looks like Crisco. Is this the stuff you put in tea and coffee? Why do you do that? I'm trying to use it but when I fried somethign in it recently it had a coconut flavor to it....which isn't bad but I would certainly get sick of it after a while.

I might try it in my tea tomorrow but I wanted to know why people put it in (the benefits) and if I bought the right stuff.

Thanks for your help!
    Denise
  • Denise, I'm pretty sure you bought the right stuff. I kind of feel the same about the coconut oil, to me oil is liquid not hard like lard . I do use it for stir fries now and I quite like it better than olive oil, but I didn't like the smell of it when I first used it but I'm used to it now. I cannot imagine using it in my coffee or tea though I don't really like floating oil in my coffee or tea, although I have not tried it, so I can't judge...

Here is an article on the benefits of coconut oil
  • Someday ... someday ... I might try coconut milk in my coffee but oil? I don't think so.
  • I can see if you *really* want to get your coconut oil in, you would put it in coffee, but that doesn't sound awesome to me.

I tried the EVCO with eggs, and it was very... coconutty. I didn't mind it, but I prefer butter!

Coconut oil is awesome in thai food though!
  • I agree Kathy....I love the flavor in Thai food but not so much in everyday food.

Thank you for the article Ilene! It was very informative.

I tried it in my tea this morning and I rather liked it! I drink this Japanese green matcha tea and the coconut flavor wasn't bad....

Oh this primal stuff is quite exciting. I've been trying to lower my carbs for a week or two and I feel so much better (stomach issues). Now if I can just get them lower, I think I will lose some weight too!
  • Just checking in - life's getting busy again with work and a planned trip to Busch Gardens tomorrow. Staying on track about 80 percent of the time, which seems to be enough for my scale - 203.5 this morning. Can't complain about that!
  • Morning!

I just received a jar of virgin coconut oil from well.ca (free shipping). Maybe if it has more flavour than the stuff I have been using ....

I've had a couple of good food days and feel not too bad. This stretch at work has been wicked tho'. I'm not sure what kind of lifestyle can support this old bod and brain through this kind of working conditions.

Dh wants to go out for breakfast and I think I'll go.
  • Susan, which coconut oil did you buy? The one I have from the organic dept of the grocery store does not taste coconutty at all...I can't remember what brand it is at the moment though... Have a good Primal breaky with DH...
  • I'm also under some wicked work pressure this week. Worked til 2am and was up and at it at 6am. Ugh. I'm only online now because I'm waiting for someone, then I hit the road for the rest of the day.

I got hit with some depressing, very discouraging news, regarding something personal and not at all health related, and I was really shocked by the urge to break the low carb routine. I really really wanted to eat pizza and drink beer and shove cookies in my face. It was an interesting experience for me. In the midst of theses cravings, I was not cheating, but analyzing what the heck was making me feel that way. I've heard of emotional eating, but I cannot ever recall it feeling like an outright attack. I settled for three glasses of wine, salami, some good French cheeses, and celery instead of crackers. Indulgent = celery spread with brie, dotted with almonds, topped with salami and washed down with pinot noir.

I still haven't had a day over 60 carbs since starting and those urges were muted by the vino. Gotta go. Be strong everybody. I am seeing outstanding results.
  • Keep on keeping on Bob
  • Add:

Amazon has 54 ouncers of Organic Nutiva Coconut oil on sale for $21. Add something for five bucks and you get free shipping. I just bought two yesterday. I'm going to deep fry onion rings coated with egg and almond flour.
  • It's Now Virgin Coconut Oil. 11.89 for 355 mls.

I went to the site the first time and it was on sale. And it is nicely coconutty tasty.
  • Quote: It's Now Virgin Coconut Oil. 11.89 for 355 mls.

I went to the site the first time and it was on sale. And it is nicely coconutty tasty.
    Thanks Susan...