Is there anyone in the 270's or 280's out there?

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • I'm at 279.8 and I want a buddy (or several) to make it to the 260's with me!
    There are loads of other threads like this, but I never seem to fit in them weight wise.

Is there ANYONE around the same weight as me?
    I would really love to lose ten pounds this month, and after last months 3lb loss, I feel like I need the extra motivation. I need someone to kick me in the pants and go it with me!

Make sense?

Anyone in?
  • Me, me! I'm currently in the HIGH 260's, from 297. It's holding on, but I can't wait to get to the 250's and *oh, dare I dream* 240's again!

I'm working my way into the 250's, if that isn't too much of a stretch.
  • Holla! I am 274 currently I was at 190 so I am trying to get back to that!I am in, I would love to have a diet buddy!is there any particular plan you are doing?
  • ♥ Hey Chicks....im exactly @ 280...i was @ 278 then in a week i gained the xtra 2 pds...very frustrating....but im def down to have diet buddies...im gonna start with small steps like healthier choices and walk/dance everyday for at least an hour or so....what about you girls?remember like the saying goes "a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step...we'll just replace miles with pounds *jeje*quick question how do you put your weight loss tickers in your posts i copy the link they gave me but it wont put it on )ugh)
  • Count me in as you can see I'm in the range too
  • I would love to join too! I just now got out of the 70s at yesterdays weigh in! I noticed that I never was fitting into the weight categories either!

Hey danitzastars, you have to be a member for 20 days and have (I think) at least 20-25 posts before the ticker will be added into your signature.

So what plan are you chicks on? I am counting calories, and doing WATP 4-5 times per week. My May goal is to lose 6 pounds because I am going on vacation Wednesdayl Yippie!
  • ok girlies lets do this....i just started taking slim xtreme supplements since two of my aunties and one uncle had good results with them ...so ill let you know how it goes
  • I'm at just about 270 (a little under depending on the scale.) I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to join in.
  • actress your more than welcome to join even though i dont think were an official club....i would love to start like a group but i still havent gotten the hang of the website just yet.....but yes just came back from my walk for an hour and im about to get ready for my nephews birthday party....i will say NO to cake and candy..wish me luck
  • I would love to participate, i bounce between 270 and 280 and i am sooooo tired of it! And Danitzastars, I loved you quoting the journey quote as I was looking for something to help me stay motivated and I found a ring with that saying on it...and they actually had my size!!! Is anyone on this thread doing weight watchers?
  • hooray!
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one stuck in this decade (or around it!) It's frustrating and I want OUT!!
    I'm not doing anything super special, I'm just calorie counting (trying to eat at least 1500 calories a day but no more than 1800) and going to the gym

What's everybody else doing, and how long have you been stuck here? :P
  • I love this thread so much motivation! I have been around 260-280 for about 1.5 years...I go up and down but stay in that range....about 4 years ago I lost 70 pounds and hit 190 and still thought I was a whale ( I was size 10/12 and I'm pretty much 6 feet tall) so this time I am going to really celebrate when I get there and work hard to mantain it!
    I am doing the Dukan Diet, its low card, I dont usually do low carb but I was desperate for a kick start this time1 Calorie counting is definitely the smart way to do it!! I am dying not being able to eat fruit or veggies right now I was drooling over lettuce at the dinner table!lol anyways I am excited about this "club"!!
  • I'm calorie counting, too. I lost a lot of weight several years back doing a low carb plan, but... well, I didn't stick to it and gained everything back PLUS 70 lbs. Shame on me.

Anyhow. Pity party over. I tried WW at the beginning of my journey, but I got frustrated when the scale stopped moving and switched to CC. I think I like it, but we'll see. I do feel like I have more freedom as opposed to WW. I just struggle with knowing how many calories I should be eating daily. Many websites tell me what seems to me to be a HUGE number? Who knows. The plan now is to keep eating right, moving more and I will adjust the calories as needed.
  • im doing a calorie count and im writing down everything i ate that day plus the excercise i did for the day on a chart i made on word.....i stuck it on my fridge....its been helping but im only on day like 3 lol....and im trying to be alot more active since im unemployed right now so i do extra household chores and to save $ i wash my car by hand which always is a great workout
  • I couldn't find a site to tell me exactly how many calories I should be eating. One actually said 2700 calories per day! I'd GAIN five pounds a week if I did that.
    I'm 5'5 and 278.6 as of today, 1500 calories a day makes me lose, 1800 I pretty much maintain. Some days I NEED those extra 300 calories though.
    I'm trying not to stress myself out about it either because stress = eating more and eating more = going UP.

I'm also trying to look at the weight loss as more of a long-term thing. It's exciting when I drop a pound overnight, but when I gain 2 or 3 it bums me out, even knowing it's probably water. I'm finding it less stressful to think of it in monthly increments (even though I weigh myself daily)
    I can say I lost 3 pounds last month, not that I went up 1/3 of the days or w/e it actually was.
    A loss is a loss, I'm trying to be grateful with whatever I get