May Wii Challenge!

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • Welcome Allison!

Good for you Marcia! What supplements are you taking?
  • I'd like to join as well, and I'll set a goal of 300 Wii minutes -- I plan to also go to the pool and the gym but won't include that number here.
  • I am taking Capsaicen (sp) and green tea. I just hope it works for me like it did for my friend. She almost doubled her average lbs lost. I will take 4lbs a week over 2 any day!
  • My balance board was clearly trying to sabotage me this evening. There I was, less than a minute away from completing a fantastic advanced step on wiifit, and all of the sudden miss, miss, miss. I begin to wonder where I've gone wrong, I seem to be on the beat, I think I'm on the beat, am I on the beat?!?

The batteries died, killing my score. Granted, it has been telling me for almost a week now that the batteries were nearly dead, but I still feel betrayed.

Sidenote: 20 min tonight, but I won't really start counting until Saturday.
  • I have a wii but don't have many active games other than the sport it came with, which are not terribly active at all. What would people reccommend? Obviously wii fit is good. It is kind of expensive after all the equipment though. Is there anything you don't have to buy the balance board for?

Thanks!
  • Wendi- I've had that happen to me before! So I bought the rechargeable battery pack, but after a little while of having that, it stopped charging! That was annoying. It still won't charge, but it comes with the cord that just plugs into the back of the Wii console, so I just plug it in and don't waste any batteries. Also don't have to worry about it dying on me!

Jessica- My favorite non-board game is Gold's Cardio Gym. I LOVE it. It has some activities you can do with the board if you want to (I never use any of it. It's just extra stuff they added in.) , but all the cardio boxing is just two Wii remotes. Great workout & fun!
  • As far as I know, all the dancing games are board-free
  • Tomorrow is the start everyone!!! I'm ready, are you??
  • Wonderful, thanks! Maybe I will try the golds gym one! And I need to set a goal for May!
  • I am ready to start this challenge. Anything to keep me moving. I am going on vacation to Alabama in June and want to get down to 185 by then.
  • did 20 minutes today, only 280 to go. Gonna try to do a little more before bed.
  • I hope I can still join in on this!

My goal will be the 930 as well!!!
  • Good job, burgundyrayne!

Welcome Tonyia! Never too late!

I started gamefly again for a month to try out some new workout games before I buy anything. I tried to get Just Dance first, but it's availability wasn't very high. On their way to me (should get them Monday) are "Yoga: The First 100% Experience" and "Daisy Fuentes Pilates". Yoga didn't get very good reviews on gamefly, but I've been wanting to try it since it came out, so I figured I'd try it anyway to see what's up. Pilates didn't get great reviews either, but again, I wanted to try it. I didn't mean to get two not-so-great games at once. I was hoping Just Dance would have been available.

Off to do my workout!
  • I'm one day late - hopefully that's okay. This seems like just the motivation I need. Now all I need to do is dust off my balance board (hopefully I can find it).

Hopefully I am not setting myself up to fail, but overshooting tends to do the trick for me. I am going for 1200 minutes for the month of May. Since it's very likely that this will be my only form of exercise for the month, I think it's achievable.

Good luck everyone
  • Last night 5/1, I did 45 minutes of Wii Fit Plus.