Wonderslim Part Two

You're on Page 4 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: What do you do if you have to go off plan? Dh came by my office today to take me to lunch. I couldn't turn him down since he rarely has enough time at lunch to do this and he surprised me!
    We ended up going to a cafeteria style place and I ordered mostly salad, veggies, and a chicken breast with a sauce made of cream on it. I tried to scrape off most of the cream sauce even though it was wonderful! The salad had craisins, pecans, and feta cheese in it. It was almost like desert since I haven't really had sweets in awhile.
    Other than that, I've had 2 WS Mocha shakes and a WS lemon crisp bar. I plan to go jogging later to work off the extra calories. I don't want to mess up my second week.
    You could always have your L&G as lunch and WS for supper but since you are working out I wouldn't be too worried about it. As long as your not eating burgers and fries!? It sounds like you made a good choice for your lunch.
  • Quote: What do you do if you have to go off plan? Dh came by my office today to take me to lunch. I couldn't turn him down since he rarely has enough time at lunch to do this and he surprised me!
    We ended up going to a cafeteria style place and I ordered mostly salad, veggies, and a chicken breast with a sauce made of cream on it. I tried to scrape off most of the cream sauce even though it was wonderful! The salad had craisins, pecans, and feta cheese in it. It was almost like desert since I haven't really had sweets in awhile.
    Other than that, I've had 2 WS Mocha shakes and a WS lemon crisp bar. I plan to go jogging later to work off the extra calories. I don't want to mess up my second week.
    Just get right back on plan. Don't worry about it or punish yourself. (Not that there is anything wrong with going jogging.) Sounds like you had a good time with dh and made a good food choice at the restaurant which is GREAT.
  • Nutrisystem Experiment Over
    I've been doing WS for over 4 months and got really tired of the shakes so when I saw a card at costco that was 5 weeks of nutrisystems food for $240 I bought it. Started Nutrisystem last Sunday thinking I would alternate weeks between nutrisystem and WS. Well let me tell you that nutrisystem does NOT work for me! After just 5 days I am starvings. This is at the same or slightly higher calorie level than WS! This morning I was taking my baby for a walk in his stroller and I started to get this terrible feeling from hunger. I've gone back to WS for the rest of today and the future. I will NOT complain about getting tired of the shakes again.

I am back and fully committed to team WonderSlim.
  • Quote: Welcome to our new losers.

Today I'm down another 4.8lbs for a total loss in the last 3 weeks of 11.2 lbs. (i have to do this about 6 more times)

I'm exceptionaly pleased with my loss this week because I had 3 rough days (one of those days included 5 stitches on my thumb from a darn can of vegetables) and its' TOM. On all my bad days I had to convince myself that I didn't need comfort carbs. Guess it worked!

Monday I start my wii fit up again and start the baby steps in toning my body.
    Congrats on your loss!!!! Buy FROZEN
  • Quote: I've been doing WS for over 4 months and got really tired of the shakes so when I saw a card at costco that was 5 weeks of nutrisystems food for $240 I bought it. Started Nutrisystem last Sunday thinking I would alternate weeks between nutrisystem and WS. Well let me tell you that nutrisystem does NOT work for me! After just 5 days I am starvings. This is at the same or slightly higher calorie level than WS! This morning I was taking my baby for a walk in his stroller and I started to get this terrible feeling from hunger. I've gone back to WS for the rest of today and the future. I will NOT complain about getting tired of the shakes again.

Oh Noooo!!! Hope U feel better!!
  • Quote: Hi all and THANKS for the super warm welcome!! Thanks for the concern w/ my calories....here's a breakdown of what I have daily - I have 2 shakes (160-170 cals each) and 1 bar (140-180 cals) PLUS my 550 cal meal a day - so I'm getting right over 1000 a day!! Goodness knows I couldn't survive on just the 550 cals - even though at one meal that is WAY too much (unless you're talking Fast Food)...I'm feeling GREAT!!!

Went for my 2 week weigh-in/check up today....I'm down 6.5 pounds!!! AND the best part is that my BMI is down 2 whole points!! WOOT WOOT!!! My Dr has the grooviest scale that breaks down how much fat/water you have too - so of that 6.5 pounds I'm down 5 in the FAT dept!!! YAY ME!!! She also gave me the green light to spread out some calories - I've had a hard time eating 550 at suppertime, Grilled chicken/salad/veggies ain't much...so I've had yogurt and fruit at "snack". She said that was ok if I needed to, to stave off hunger!

BTW, anyone diggin on Greek Yogurt? Our Walmart finally started carrying it so I tried it. I think I like...it's tangier than regular and is LOADED with protien and it's a lot thicker - more like Sour Cream texture...I'm believe me, I'm the queen of texture! It is more calories though - the vanilla is 110 but the others range from 120 - 140 (not really willing to give up 140 cals for yogurt!!)

:-) Happy Friday!!
    OH OK now I see
    I LOVE greek yogurt!! But have not had any since starting WS. I'm following their 1000cal. plan & yogurt is NOT on it

Well, happy weekend!
  • Quote: I've been doing WS for over 4 months and got really tired of the shakes so when I saw a card at costco that was 5 weeks of nutrisystems food for $240 I bought it. Started Nutrisystem last Sunday thinking I would alternate weeks between nutrisystem and WS. Well let me tell you that nutrisystem does NOT work for me! After just 5 days I am starvings. This is at the same or slightly higher calorie level than WS! This morning I was taking my baby for a walk in his stroller and I started to get this terrible feeling from hunger. I've gone back to WS for the rest of today and the future. I will NOT complain about getting tired of the shakes again.

The shakes are very filling. I don't get hungry when I'm drinking them. I think I could go all liquids with the shakes and still not be hungry. I'd miss eating real food though.
  • Quote:
    and I'm pretty sure my latte habit would quit too...
    Tried the WS Mocha shake for the first time today. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I like cappuccinos. The shake tasted just like a cappuccino! I think it would satisfy your latte cravings.
  • So...is DietDirect the only place to purchase WonderSlim? Or is the program similar to Medifast where there are local sales reps or whatever?

Also, I have a friend who works at a cardiologist office. Their nutritionist is the person who recommended MF to her, then she passed along the info to me after losing 10 lbs in 4 days! That's when I started doing my research and found Wonderslim. Told her about WS today...she showed the info to the same nutrionist who said...I hate to say this, but WS is a lot better! Sweet huh?!!?? So...now we're both going to order some WS supplies! lol

Q: Can people go in halvies on orders??? Or does it not "work" that way?

Thanks for answering all of my questions!! )
  • Quote: Tried the WS Mocha shake for the first time today. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I like cappuccinos. The shake tasted just like a cappuccino! I think it would satisfy your latte cravings.
    I add low acid instant coffee to the mocha shake so that it is like a fancy coffee drink.
  • Quote: So...is DietDirect the only place to purchase WonderSlim? Or is the program similar to Medifast where there are local sales reps or whatever?
    You have to go through dietdirect. I think this is why it is cheaper than medifast. If you call dietdirect they have really helpful people that can help you put a program together.

Quote: Q: Can people go in halvies on orders??? Or does it not "work" that way?
    I think to go halvies you would need to get a dietdirect account and pay for the order and your friend would have to pay their half directly to you. Program wise it wouldn't cause a problem. Dietdirect has volume discounts so it is a good idea.

Good luck and welcome.
  • I am thinking of doing this, but worried about aspartame/nutrisweet. Did/does anyone get headaches from that?
  • Also, can you have regular coffee with milk?
  • Quote: I am thinking of doing this, but worried about aspartame/nutrisweet. Did/does anyone get headaches from that?
    I haven't but I have read about aspartame causing headaches for some people.

As for real milk in your coffee, it isn't part of the plan but you could add it if you wanted. It would just be extra calories over the plan.
  • I had 2 days of headaches in the beginning. But that was detox from carbs (I went low carb no more than 80 a day).

The only important difference between WS and MF is that MF has vitamins so you don't have to take anything else. With WS you definitely need a multi-vitamin. I noticed, in tracking my foods (and having added my vitamin as a custom food) on fitday that I do not get enough Potassium. An average day puts me at about 40% for this. I started taking Potassium supplements to cover the difference (Potassium is not in my multi vitamin). I opted to not eat the starches and the fruits so I do not get potassium from banannas or OJ. I just wanted to make the newbies aware that you should take a multi-vitamin with WS and if you're not eating potassium rich foods you may want to consider supplements.

I'm so glad I found fitday just because it helps me keep myself in check and records my daily calories. Sure it was a pain to put in the nutritional value for all those darn shakes, bars and protein supp. but my weightloss has improved since doing so. (I don't think I ate nearly enough calories the first week) Plus it makes it easier to track my carbs.

p.s. I decided not to wait til Monday to start my wii fit. What's the point? Why does everything always have to start on Monday. No time like the present!