IP Chat - week of Apr 26 - May 2

You're on Page 22 of 27
Go to
  • Quote: So I have some interesting news:

There is this show in Canada called XWeighted and it's about individuals and families who are trying to lose weight, they document their progress over the course of 4 months I think and it's kind of neat. Anyway they started this XWeighted National Challenge all across Canada, and you had to sign up on a certain day, pledge to lose a certain amount of weight and in the end you could win some prizes if you hit your goals.

Anyway I signed up in January not giving it much thought and I've been posting my weights every week etc. Well they just contacted me and want to do a feature on me because I'm doing so well.

I think I'd like to do it, but also I'm a bit hesitant...it's sort of embarrassing to admit nationally that I let myself get morbidly obese, despite what you all might think I'm actually painfully shy...

Just not sure if I should do it or not!
    Jordanna,

I understand what you're saying but my opinion is.... .ADMIT IT! You went through what so many people in the western world are going through. You didn't "not care" your body broke down and you didn't have a tool to fix it. NOW you do! Look how much success this has provided. Don't you wish you'd had this 15, 10, 5 years ago. How wonderful if your experience, and even saying "I fixed it at a point a lot of people give up", would be if it changed the lives of so many others who can watch the program!

I think you will have more admiration than scorn.
  • Back from my first weigh-in and I lost 10.4 pounds!! Yeah for me!!

Thank you for your support last night. I did not cave in to my husband's chip buffet, but I did have a supremely delicious cinnamon bar (those things are amazing!!)
  • Quote: Back from my first weigh-in and I lost 10.4 pounds!! Yeah for me!!

Thank you for your support last night. I did not cave in to my husband's chip buffet, but I did have a supremely delicious cinnamon bar (those things are amazing!!)
    Fantastic stuff! You did it.. without giving in to temptation! I can't wait to start the bars and other "treats" but I think i'm going to do one more week of bootcamp first.

Keep up the great work
  • Quote:
    Just wondering if anyone had trouble sleeping when you first started on IP, I am into week 3 and for the last 1 1/2 weeks have been having trouble getting to sleep.
    Yes, I wake up every 2 hours. I told my coach about this and she advised me to try adding a single dose of melatonin. Went to the local health food store, and the salesperson said that she typically advises people to start taking 3 doses; if you wake up groggy, try taking 2 the next night.

Turns out I can't take any, though, because I'm still breastfeeding. I may try a homeopathic remedy called chamomilla.
  • Thanks, Lemiesse. I know they don't recommend starting the bars, etc in the first couple of weeks but one bar was better than a bag of chips (and I'm still on diet)!! I rationalized my way into it.
  • Quote: Ok, don't have a lot of time here....step-daughters wedding to get ready for.
    But, talked to my coach about Rocket Fuel. She just got back from a conference and said it wasn't mentioned there. She didn't seem to keen on it. Said that you need the veggies to help with constipation among other things. So, she told me not to do this. I may just stick a day in here and there and see if it does anything for me, tho. (never was very good at following directions!!!) I also talked to her about not getting all 3 packets in on some days. She said I should try to even if it is just a drink because it can cause hair loss if you don't get them all in.
    Kelsey, loved the cigarette thing!! LOL
    Welcome newbies....we seem to have more everyday!!!
    Oh, and I was down 2.4 lbs. Didn't quite make it to the 160's, but that will be next week. This is my week 9 weigh in and I am half way there. I am excited about my 30 lb. loss.
    Love you all. Off to the wedding....no cake for me....darn.
    I just asked about hair loss at my last weigh in . Of course my coach said she didnt know anything about hair loss . But I am gettingf all my viatmins and packets and water in and Im loosing quite a bit of hair and Im a bit concerned . She said she would find out about it and call me but that was almost a week ago . I want to be healthy and look good but I would like to keep my hair .LOL . Is anyone else experiencing this problem ?
  • Quote: Jordanna -- I'm with you on the not wanting the world to know exactly how much I had mismanaged my health. Heck - it took me awhile to even post the numbers here. I would find out all the details of exactly what they would like to publicize and find out what control you have over the end result. Then I would weigh the positives versus negatives. Maybe motivating/educating others is a big reason to decide to do it??
    Kelsey-- regarding the rocket fuel thing. I did notice that the carb number was up over 30 if you do the 5 IPs you selected. Wondering if that matters...
    I would like to try it but I feel like my energy and overall well being are barely tolerating the plan right now with the vegetables and lettuce-- not sure how I would feel without them but I'm thinking it wouldn't be good. But I have been so stuck for so long now, without cheats, that I need some kind of change...
    Chaplainswifey - you have lost over 70 lbs in 4 months?? I had lost 28 in 7 weeks and now 32 in 11 weeks. I will be lucky to make 35 lbs in 3 months. Haven't you hit any plateaus at all??

Today I am cleaning out a lot of the larger clothes and giving them away. Time to just let them gooooo....then tomorrow I will be in the 180ssss.... please.....
    Yes Two weeks ago I didnt loose a lb and then the next week only lost 1 . But have gotten abck to loosing 4 to 5 lbs a week . I really think the walking has helped alot . Everyone is diffrent so dont look at my weight loss . Your all doing great and some weeks will be better than others. Im a little nervous because my husband will be home from Iraq in 4 days and I hope Illl be able to stay strong on the diet while he is home for the two weeks . But I also want to be able to enjoy going out a few nights with him and not worry about the diet . Hoping for the best . I am so excited to see him .I feel like when we were dating and was always so excited to see him . I have so missed him these last 7 months ! Can't wait !
  • BlueMermaid, you are right, thanks. I have been dreading going back in to the office to see my coach. It sounds so easy when you put it that way. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Quote: I just asked about hair loss at my last weigh in . Of course my coach said she didnt know anything about hair loss . But I am gettingf all my viatmins and packets and water in and Im loosing quite a bit of hair and Im a bit concerned . She said she would find out about it and call me but that was almost a week ago . I want to be healthy and look good but I would like to keep my hair .LOL . Is anyone else experiencing this problem ?
    Hi,

I actually read it on Dr. Tran's own website. Yes there will be hair loss but of course it is NOT permanent. He however did not have a biochemical explanation for it. I have started to loose hair as well, it became obvious in the past couple of days.
  • Quote: Thanks, Lemiesse. I know they don't recommend starting the bars, etc in the first couple of weeks but one bar was better than a bag of chips (and I'm still on diet)!! I rationalized my way into it.
    actually my couch made me get the bars for that exact same reason. She said if you want to cheat or after a work out, have this instead of going for other stuff. I have had 3 in 2 weeks and lost 9 pounds and don't regret having them. Do regret other cheats I did though
  • Hi Everyone! It has been so great to see that everyone is doing so well, especially some of those 1st week numbers, WOW!
    I am in need of a pick up folks I am almost to my 4 weeks on IP this monday. I have been doing well, no cheats, no desire for it, and light excercise(walking). The scale has not moved at all for me this week, and I was even UP a pound this am. I think I could have handled stagnant, but not up! Arghh. I had started a cleanse through my IP coach, the same one as you Jordanna and initially thought it was great. Now I am not so sure. I have not had a solid bowel movement in a week(sorry for TMI) and it usually hits me immediately after I eat any food(veggies/protein/packets), anything. I went to see my coach, since I was feeling poorly. She took a look at me and said I needed more food. However, I have been exacting with my food/supplements/water etc. Is it possible that the cleanse it preventing me from getting any nutrient from the food I do actually eat? Does my body think it is starving? I stopped the cleanse today just in case.
    It is just upsetting, as I am surrounded super healthy family and friends who warned me (as I am sure we have all been told) that I would start gaining it back.
    I know I need to keep going, just having a pity party......thank heavens for this forum to vent
  • Quote: Thanks, Lemiesse. I know they don't recommend starting the bars, etc in the first couple of weeks but one bar was better than a bag of chips (and I'm still on diet)!! I rationalized my way into it.
    I was allowed from day 1 to have a restricted item every day. Not all the coaches have the same rules. The bars have really helped me to stick with the diet.
  • Really? My coach basically told me that the bars and anything other than the IP packets (even those are restricted, I cannot have any of the entrees yet) cannot be consumed until after the second or third week. I could really use that type of snack sometimes but have just held out and sucked the hunger up!

I am craving some coffee right now but i'm at the point where I don't want anything to slow my weight. I'm under the impression that splenda can slow the weight loss a little and I cannot have coffee without it being sweetened (I need to get some Da Vinci syrup). I can go without the fat free milk. Have been drinking green tea in addition as I have heard that boosts the metabolism.
  • Quote: Yes Two weeks ago I didnt loose a lb and then the next week only lost 1 . But have gotten abck to loosing 4 to 5 lbs a week . I really think the walking has helped alot . Everyone is diffrent so dont look at my weight loss . Your all doing great and some weeks will be better than others. Im a little nervous because my husband will be home from Iraq in 4 days and I hope Illl be able to stay strong on the diet while he is home for the two weeks . But I also want to be able to enjoy going out a few nights with him and not worry about the diet . Hoping for the best . I am so excited to see him .I feel like when we were dating and was always so excited to see him . I have so missed him these last 7 months ! Can't wait !
    CW: That is so sweet. I think I speak for everyone on this site that we are so happy for you and your dear husband. Please thank him for his service to our country and thanks to you, too!

We'll be thinking of you even if you don't take the time to check in while he's home.
  • dang scale
    Quote: Hi Everyone! It has been so great to see that everyone is doing so well, especially some of those 1st week numbers, WOW!
    I am in need of a pick up folks I am almost to my 4 weeks on IP this monday. I have been doing well, no cheats, no desire for it, and light excercise(walking). The scale has not moved at all for me this week, and I was even UP a pound this am. I think I could have handled stagnant, but not up! Arghh. I had started a cleanse through my IP coach, the same one as you Jordanna and initially thought it was great. Now I am not so sure. I have not had a solid bowel movement in a week(sorry for TMI) and it usually hits me immediately after I eat any food(veggies/protein/packets), anything. I went to see my coach, since I was feeling poorly. She took a look at me and said I needed more food. However, I have been exacting with my food/supplements/water etc. Is it possible that the cleanse it preventing me from getting any nutrient from the food I do actually eat? Does my body think it is starving? I stopped the cleanse today just in case.
    It is just upsetting, as I am surrounded super healthy family and friends who warned me (as I am sure we have all been told) that I would start gaining it back.
    I know I need to keep going, just having a pity party......thank heavens for this forum to vent
    Stress is not good when you are trying to lose weight. It appears you are letting the scale stress you out. This is why they recommend not weighing everyday. The diet will work and you will lose weight. Don't let the daily scale numbers get you down. Hang in there. You may want to get rid of your scale for awhile. Water can make such a big difference in our weight and depending on so many things we can be up with water weight but keep in mind just as quickly we can be down. You will be fine.

It could be that cleanse that is holding water in your colon. You may see the pounds drop if you quit the cleanse. We all have to experiment in what works best for us. Keep up the great work!