Maintainers Chat: Week Of April 19 - 25

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Megan, it’s sad when you have to make choices upon someone else being in a job that makes yours miserable. I hope you can figure something else.

Jessica, sounds like you have a plan to find a dog sitter. I hope next week is less stressful for you.

Michele, I use iWeight application on my iPhone. It’s password protected and I also log my weight in LoseIt! That’s my favorite app since I log all my food in it as well.

Shannon, the bagel sounded divine. One exercise day off is truly a good thing. I’m glad you don’t feel guilty.

DD and DGS are coming for a visit this weekend. I’m picking up DGS after work and he and I will have the entire evening to play. DD will arrive later in the evening and DH is on swings. We have nothing planned. Just a lazy relaxed weekend. At least as lazy as a 4 yo will allow. We don’t see DGS often because DD and her ex-partner are in the midst of a custody fight. So it will be awesome to see him. BTW, DGS lives in my little town and DD lives 300 miles away. It’s frustrating that DGS lives about a mile from where I work and I don’t see him. Family court moves at a snail’s pace.

I just ordered a pretty sundress from Macy’s. Yes one of those numbers that show off arms. I’m excited about it. I’d gone back and forth of buying it because of the cost. I don’t wear dresses as a rule. But it was so cute when I saw it a few weeks ago. So I bit the bullet and bought it. DH’s and my anniversary is coming up and we’re actually going to go out to dinner. We both took the day off. It’s our 27th and we didn’t even see each other for the last two because of my job sending me out of town. So this is a celebration. I’ll have a cute dress for it. Here’s a link to it…
    Marie
  • Quote: Michele - I have a spreadsheet I log on, with the dates and weights down the left side, graph for each month on the right side. Want me to send it to you?
    Yes, pretty please Sounds perfect!
    Michele
  • Marie-- very pretty dress!!!
    Is your iphone app free? I'll have to look for it if so.
  • Marie - fabulous dress!

Michele - spreadsheet on the way! I have LoseIt for my iPhone, too, have never used it. As I remember it was free.
  • Shannon - i would love a copy of your spreadsheet - i need to keep closer tabs on my weight fluctuations.

Allison - i switched to a mac (at home) in January - i love it, so much nicer to work on.

I have been 'pouting' for almost a week now about my silly ankle and it is time to move on. I am going to go and get on the elliptical and stop fussing about a few missed runs.

Happy Friday everyone.

S
  • Marie What a pretty dress! Now of course you need new shoes to go with it !

I have been listening to DH swearing to himself in the dining area for about 20 minutes now. I'm just going to pull the pizza out of the oven, cut myself a couple of slices, and head out for a movie - Crazy Heart.

Friday's are DH's dealine days for his CMA assignments and they never go well. He usually manages to come in a couple of minutes under the 7 p.m. deadline but just.

Great Friday night all!

Dagmar
  • Michele, LoseIt! was free but it’s not great for looking at the weight history. It’s excellent for the food log. The iWeight was something like 99 cents. It was very cheap.

Sznn, I hope the elliptical workout goes well and doesn’t irritate your ankle. I know it doesn’t bother my knees and if I tried to run, I’d be in the ER.

Dagmar, ooooooo I didn’t think about shoes. What a great idea! DH will love that idea… I’d escape the house as well. Tension makes me eat.

I just returned from the air base to get a new military ID. Mine expired 5 months ago. The girl looked at the old one and said, “What’s your weight because it certainly isn’t what’s on this one.” How cool is that. So my military ID no longer says 195 pounds. It says 135 pounds. Life is so cool. And it is sunny and warm. And only 52 minutes to weekend!
    Marie
  • Love the dress, Marie! And you can show off your buff arms.

Dagmar, have a lovely evening! It sounds like getting out of the house is the best thing to do.

Yay, it's Friday! I need to get my desk cleaned up and dinner made, then tonight I've earned a glass of wine.
  • If you all can stand one more word on Leonard Cohen. I was just watching Ellen and Tim Urban was on singing Leonard's Hallelujah. Mind blowing. Went and watched the same video by Leonard and then by KD Lange. Leonard's was okay (IMO), KD has such a pretty voice, but Tim.. oh, my!
  • Best made plans
    So my plan went totally out the window last night. My car has a flat tire . I must have picked up something in the tire on the way home and the tire deflated during my pre dinner activities. And of course DH can't remember where the bike pump is.

The theatre is really, really difficult to reach by public transit and the cab wouldn't have got me there in time.

So I stayed home and did the regular Friday things. The last couple of weeks that's included having a couple of beers, eating a big bag of chips and feeling sorry for myself.

Last night I did some reading instead and reviewed part of the story line between SATC's Carrie and Aidan in preparation for the movie release next month. I ate one banana and a slice of low fat swiss cheese (not together - ). I feel quite proud of myself.

I have an appointment at the garage this morning. I'm gonna see if I can inflate the tire enough with my tiny CO2 cartridge bike emergency kit to get the car there.

Then I have to face my dad who will probably scream angrily at me. I will stay calm and will not eat later today to compensate for the anger I can't show when he yells at me.If I yell back things just escalate and escalate.

I can do this.

The rest of the day should be a piece of cake, other than listening to DH relive every moment of his assignment.

I'm puppy sitting tonite - . Some time with a cute little guy who adores me and will be happy to do anything I want - silently! Wish I could stay overnight there but I think my clients, coming home from a wedding in the wee hours, won't be too happy with that .

Have a great Saturday all!

Dagmar
  • Dagmar, I hope today goes much smoother than yesterday. Great job on not eating your way through your stress. BTW, what is you DH studying for. You have an acronym but I didn't know what it meant.

I kicked butt on my elliptical workout. I think I was aiming for eradicating last Saturday's dismal workout. I went .2 mile farther than my minimum (and usual) mileage and .3 miles further than last Saturday in the same time. My heartrate was way up and it felt great. Then I made cinnamon rolls for DD and DGS. Wow, I wish they were a diet food. But alas, I just log the ridiculous number and move on.

We're BBQing a turkey for dinner so that will be healthy and YUMMY!.

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm thinking of following Dagmar's advice and go shoe shopping while the video games are occupying everyone's attention at the moment. I'm a birkenstock girl (not a dress shoe person because of heel problems) so I was pondering some white sandals.
    Marie