Do over button

• Hi ladies,

Hope all is well. I think I just need some venting. I'm feeling in such a funk right now. Its been a year since I found out I was diabetic. It hasn't been easy and more so than ever I"m having a hard time with it. My sugars have been crappy and i've been feeling crappy. I got into grad school *yay* but have been stressing like crazy about paying for it! The stress of livin back home *goodness I miss my own place*for a while and everything has left me feeling awful. I think i'm just feeling a llittle depressed and that just triggers everything like eating, esp sweets lately! I need a kick in the pants. I want to "start over" in the sense of getting back on track with my eating and exercise but for some reason feel stuck. I know it just starts with better choices and one step. Maybe after one big cry i'll feel better.

so how you get back on track?
  • What diet are you following? I found south beach has helped me immensely. I don't have diabetes but I do have insulin resistance so I can understand to some extent what you are going through with your blood sugar levels.

Honestly since I've done south beach diet I've felt so much better!

I won't lie I strayed and I came back with the mentality that I have to do this for myself and that I have to put myself first in my life. And I've also "forced" myself to exercise more- but with time I've found it doesn't take as long to convince myself to do a workout
  • so how you get back on track?

You could take the view that you are not off the track ever.

You are either moving forward, moving backward, or standing still. But the track is there, and you are the one in the driver's seat.

If you want to progress, get on with the moving forward!

Did you need help with meal ideas? Here's a bunch on the side at various calorie levels. Red links on the left sort of in the middle of the page.

http://diabeticgourmet.com/Food_and_...Meal_Planning/

HTH!
    A.
  • I too have gotten off track since my mother died. It sure teaches me that its easier to stick to the woe once I am on it, than to go off and try to get back on.

I have been on plan for the last 2 days. Making meal plans.
    Since you have been living with your folks, are you having trouble eating properly because you aren't supported in your woe?
    Good luck, and keep coming to get inspired. It sure helps.