IP Thread April12-18

You're on Page 1 of 31
Go to
  • Good Morning! Thought I would do the honours and start the new week off!! If someone could assist in closing the other thread, that would be awesome!

Here is the link to last week's thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...l-11-a-11.html

Here is to a good week with lots of NSV's and awesome losses!

• Quote: I can certainly empathize with what you went thru. I also had a brother in jail - more than once. It is extremely stressful.

This week my Husband had his second colon resection and they found that his cancer has returned. Worse, it is in his blood stream and he has to go thru chemo again. It is not looking good. He is way too young for this. I have had to help him go to the bathroom, clean him up, watch him get sick. Kinda the way I had to deal with our two kids when they were little (one is still kind of little, 7).
    Chelle, I am amazed at your strength and grace. My thoughts and prayers are certainly with you.
  • Hey everyone

So its been a long time since I have posted or have even come on the form. I realize now after reading everyones posts that I need to make a habit of coming on here cause its so motivating to read everyones stories.

I started IP at the beginning of March and have so far lost 19.6 pounds. It was soooo easy at the beginning but the last 2 weeks have been so hard. I am always tempted to cheat and I dont know why. Then one night i had a breakdown and went to wendys and had the chicken fingers and fries. Needless to say i did not feel good after. Afew days later i went to a friends bachlorette party and told myself before i went that i would have one vodka/water max. Before i know it i had probably had 10.

I have still been losing on my weigh-ins but i know that if i didnt cheat that i could have lost more. Today i came back to this site and realized that i really do need to come back to a community of people who are in the same boat as i am. It makes me want to stay on track and makes me want to succeed on this program.

I am 3 months away from my destination beach wedding. I will have all my family and friends there so i am determined to look good, especially since i have to wear a bathing suit all week.

I am excited to try some of the recipes you have alll posted. I cant wait to try the taco salad with the kale chips. Its giving me something to look forward to.

As well, Jordanna, I am so glad you mentioned the Dr. Bernstein drinks. I am going to go pick some up. Do you have any other suggestions? I have been going to the diabetic depot here in Calgary to get the Walden Farms products. I really like the balsamic vinegrette salad dressing.

Hope to come on this site much more often.
  • oops i posted on the 'old thread'.
    I wrote that i lost 10.8 the first week...(weigh ins on thur) so friday was normal day at work and weigh in saturday morning...down 1. so saturday i was out and about and did really well! except didnt get my 3rd protein packet in. woke up sunday and was UP 2 pounds! wth? i was so discouraged! I had a salad yesterday that had cheese on it but ate it anyway but then just my protein packets...missed the third one again. this morning weight is the same as yesterday. does missing that ONE protein packet cause a gain?? I'm discouraged after such an AMAZING start. anyone?
  • Good morning everyone! I just had my 6 week wi and I am down
    40 pounds in 6 weeks! I am constantly amazed
    by this diet! Wow!

Jordanna I am sorry you had such a rough weekend!

Chelle my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Chaplains wife your husband is going to love
    your boudoir pictures! What an awesome gift!
  • Quote: oops i posted on the 'old thread'.
    I wrote that i lost 10.8 the first week...(weigh ins on thur) so friday was normal day at work and weigh in saturday morning...down 1. so saturday i was out and about and did really well! except didnt get my 3rd protein packet in. woke up sunday and was UP 2 pounds! wth? i was so discouraged! I had a salad yesterday that had cheese on it but ate it anyway but then just my protein packets...missed the third one again. this morning weight is the same as yesterday. does missing that ONE protein packet cause a gain?? I'm discouraged after such an AMAZING start. anyone?
    Hi, LP, 10.8 pounds is a terrific loss for week 1! Congratulations on that! However, typically the first week is your biggest loss as you also lose a lot of water weight as with any low-carb diet. Your weight will fluctuate up and down during the week, so if you're the type that gets bummed out if you see a "gain," then you need to weigh only once a week. You need to be sure to get that third protein packet in EVERY DAY! Or you could start to burn your muscle instead of just fat. If it's near your time of the month, you could be holding on to water weight, but you should have a much better loss the following week. Don't get discouraged! You're doing great!
  • Jordanna, I am sorry you had to experience the weekend from ****. Baby poop and puke is sometimes hard to deal with at home, let alone at the side of the road. Poor little guy. The rest of it basically sounded awful, but you handled it better than I would have.

Chelle, I don't know what to say. That's the worst. I just said a prayer for you and your hubby and 7-year-old.
  • Quote: I can certainly empathize with what you went thru. I also had a brother in jail - more than once. It is extremely stressful.

This week my Husband had his second colon resection and they found that his cancer has returned. Worse, it is in his blood stream and he has to go thru chemo again. It is not looking good. He is way too young for this. I have had to help him go to the bathroom, clean him up, watch him get sick. Kinda the way I had to deal with our two kids when they were little (one is still kind of little, 7).
    Wow, so sorry to hear and we will all be thinking of you all and praying for you.

Jordana
    Sorry about your day too... sounds like a rough week for many... but we survived it and we keep on keeping on.

I actually went to hear my beloved Rev Jack yesterday after many years of not being able to (he was in town and I could not resist) and his lesson was to "let go of baggage"...Man did I think about the weight!

We take on so much "stuff" and hold on to things that only bring us down (and weigh us down) We like to call it stress too and yes, it is baggage. Not easy to just dump but we really need to. Once again I was reminded that "What we think about we bring about" so lets all try to focus on the WONDERFUL things that are happening in our lives and more wonderful things will follow! Even if it is just being able to wake up one more day, breathe, see a flower... whatever it is lets focus on the blessings we have going on all the time that most of us take for granted.

The beauty of letting go of baggage is that it also open up space for NEW things... don't you like new things? I know I do. So lets do some form of Spring Cleaning in our lives, in our minds and in our thoughts! Our mind is SO POWERFUL and we keep filling it with "negative" thoughts... lets try and catch ourselves and make it POSITIVE thoughts instead

I'm sorry if I went all "motivational speaker" on everyone... I just really enjoyed his speech and found it SO APPROPRIATE that I wanted to share.

Chelle, I will start to "see" your husband as a healthy vibrant person in my mind too. And all you ladies (and gentlemen that may be reading this as well) as stunning fit people with AMAZING success stories for all!

We can do it!!!

• Thanks Bev...I know you're right....I'll just hang in there. I just want to see 199 so bad! LOL and no patience for it! 29 to go! I'll aim for the 4th of July to be 199 and see how that goes.
    (and then the next steps to get to 140)

~hugs to my new friends~
  • Quote: Good morning everyone! I just had my 6 week wi and I am down
    40 pounds in 6 weeks! I am constantly amazed
    by this diet! Wow!

Jordanna I am sorry you had such a rough weekend!

Chelle my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Chaplains wife your husband is going to love
    your boudoir pictures! What an awesome gift!
    Way to go ! 40 lbs in 6 weeks is awesome ! I love your profile picture . Your beautiful ! And you look so happy ! Keep up the good work !
  • So dissapointed . I did not loose a lb this week . Thankful I didn't gain but was hoping to hit the 170"s . I dont think Im going to make my goal of 160 before my husband comes home . First time I have not lost any weight since I started . I hope this is not a sign of whats to come . Trying to saty focused and not discouraged . A new week !
  • CW...how long have you been on the diet? You look fabulous!
  • Quote: So dissapointed . I did not loose a lb this week . Thankful I didn't gain but was hoping to hit the 170"s . I dont think Im going to make my goal of 160 before my husband comes home . First time I have not lost any weight since I started . I hope this is not a sign of whats to come . Trying to saty focused and not discouraged . A new week !
    is it close to that time of the month??? That did a number on me!

You WILL look fabulous by the time he gets here... think of the successes and more will come!
  • Okay so regarding the 20 g of carbs thing - here is what my coach said:

According to the regional director for western Canada, if you are going to count NET carbs, you should try to stay below 20 grams per day. If you are talking total carbs you should be trying to stay below 30 grams per day to stay in ketosis and continue to lose the 3 - 7 lbs per week.

**I'm not sure if I can completely agree with this personally for a couple reasons

1) I have been on bootcamp since I started IP (no restricted items and mostly select veggies) and I barely stay below 20 g of NET carbs per day....so anyone using restricted foods would never get below 20 g of net carbs. (but apparently that is why they are now saying you should only have restricted items 1 or 2 times per week no matter which item it is)

2) some carbs are required in your day to have continued brain function, how much are you willing to sacrifice to lose those extra pounds...

Anyway that is the answer I got, on average I am staying below 20 g of net carbs so I'm not that concerned with a day here or there that I might go above it.

Hope that helps!
  • <Pity Party>

Good morning, everyone. I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd check in.

I am 5.5 pounds away from my original goal of 180, but I'm not quite happy with how I look at my current weight...I think I still need to lose more than 5 pounds.

So as much as I hate to do it, I'm lowering my goal to 169. Looks like 2 or 3 more weeks of Phase 1 for me. I was really looking forward to moving on, but 180 isn't going to cut it. I picked that goal when I was 244. It seemed like an impossible task, and I thought "Certainly if I can get to 180, that should be fine".

I'm really pleased that I've been able to lose 58.5 pounds already, but bummed that I still need to lose 16 more. How did I ever let myself get 75 pounds overweight? Ugh!

Well at least I have a recipe for success.

</Pity Party>