IP Thread April12-18

You're on Page 6 of 31
Go to
  • Quote: I guess some people are more sensitive to Aspertame than others. I drink 1 diet pepsi everyday and it has not affected my weight loss at all. I weighed on my scale this morning and was 181. That is 24 lbs in 5 weeks. I tried to give it up completely and did for a while but figure 1 isn't so bad.
    Hi, Carla, I don't stay away from aspartame because it affects weight loss. Actually, our regional rep said it was OK to use aspartame products like crystal light. I stay away from it because I get a migraine every time I use it--excitotoxins in it or something like that.
  • Quote: Hi, Carla, I don't stay away from aspartame because it affects weight loss. Actually, our regional rep said it was OK to use aspartame products like crystal light. I stay away from it because I get a migraine every time I use it--excitotoxins in it or something like that.
    I get a migraine if I don't have my Diet Pepsi! Hahahahahaha
  • Quote: I have lost a pound this morning so I guess there was no harm done. Before this diet I rarely touched any soda but now a diet coke when everyone else has cocktails seems like such a treat. But I was worried it was affecting my weight loss so I have iced tea with splenda instead now. But you know what? I don't really know whether it was that or a few too many vegetables or meat. You're really just guessing with some of this...And as I said, it seems like such a wonderful indulgence when you're on IP. I'm glad your weight loss isn't affected and congratulations on the 24 pounds. You need to update your signature!
    I can't update yet That is my scale, not my coaches!! I hope I can post a good number on Wednesday though.
  • Just came from the doc's. 31.5 pounds lost of which 22.4 lbs are FAT. Love knowing that number!
    Time for a happy dance.:goods cale::
  • Quote: Just came from the doc's. 31.5 pounds lost of which 22.4 lbs are FAT. Love knowing that number!
    Time for a happy dance.:goods cale::
    GREAT JOB TRICIA!!
  • Quote: Hi, Carla, I don't stay away from aspartame because it affects weight loss. Actually, our regional rep said it was OK to use aspartame products like crystal light. I stay away from it because I get a migraine every time I use it--excitotoxins in it or something like that.
    my coach said the same thing, and to be honest I drink flavored sparkling water everyday, that is the only way I can get my water down because regular water makes me gag, and my flavored sparkling water has aspartame in it.
  • Quote: GREAT JOB TRICIA!!
    Thanks Carla. Sounds like you'll have good news tomorrow too! Good Luck.
  • Quote: Hey everyone, I lost 3.9 lbs this week for a total of 51.8 lbs in just under 3 months!! I just can't believe it
    Wow Jordanna, that is fantastic!!!! So happy for you!
  • Can anyone explain to me how you figure out your net carbs and your total carbs ? I am confused and want to make sure Im where I need to be . I use fitday to track my food . And I just see the carb # . Not sure if that is net or total . Maybe this is why Im slowing down on my weight loss. Not sure .Trying to figure it out .
  • Quote: Can anyone explain to me how you figure out your net carbs and your total carbs ? I am confused and want to make sure Im where I need to be . I use fitday to track my food . And I just see the carb # . Not sure if that is net or total . Maybe this is why Im slowing down on my weight loss. Not sure .Trying to figure it out .
    usually you deduct the fiber from the carbs to get the net carbs
  • Yeah! I just weighed in this morning and I lost another 3.8 for a total of 20.6. I love this diet!!! It is great seeing the pounds melt away. My clothes are finally fitting better and even loose!!! Bye Bye size 20. Come on 16!
  • Quote: Yeah! I just weighed in this morning and I lost another 3.8 for a total of 20.6. I love this diet!!! It is great seeing the pounds melt away. My clothes are finally fitting better and even loose!!! Bye Bye size 20. Come on 16!
    CONGRATULATIONS....Way to go!
  • Quote: Yeah! I just weighed in this morning and I lost another 3.8 for a total of 20.6. I love this diet!!! It is great seeing the pounds melt away. My clothes are finally fitting better and even loose!!! Bye Bye size 20. Come on 16!

Congrats on the great loss!! You're doing awesome
  • It's funny how some days the boards are slow and other days there are TONS of posts

Has anyone made the IP jello the day before and eaten it the next day? I made it for snack last night and then didn't feel like jello so I was thinking of having it for lunch today and I'm wondering if it will be good
  • i did it again...skipped that 3rd packet!arg. i meant to have it yesterday but have class after work till 10...then thought that was too late. *sigh* no movement on the scale in a good weigh (hahaha punny) since Saturday. Im just gonna keep going till the dang thing moves. it has to, theres nothing bad going in....
    cmon scale, move for mama!