IP Thread April12-18

You're on Page 16 of 31
Go to
  • Quote: Carla! You motivated me to find out how to add my picture

Here are some pre-IP, december and now pictures:
    You look amazing !!
  • Quote: Oh my, I am so confused and bewildered!!! I went in for my weigh in yesterday and my IP coach, rep, or whatever else you want to call her---really acted strange. As soon as we got to the back and out of ear shot of anybody else--she said we needed to have a talk--that the IP people (corporate) had been in and they pulled my file and I must be cheating or working out too much because "anybody above 200 pounds should be losing 8 pounds a week" that is a direct quote. I do work out about four times a week and when I first started doing that the doctor in this office approved it. I did have two 2.5 pound weeks and I was cheating and eating some peanuts--but those two have been my lowest. Yesterday when I weighed I was down five pounds for the week---and I would have thought this was good. I read Dr. Trans book and I thought the average for a woman was 3 pounds a week. She acted like they were coming out with new guidelines or something. She also said that if anybody cheated they were suppose to kick them off the diet immediately. (I know you are not suppose to cheat, however, I have been on this since 1/18/2010 and I am only human).
    I wear my feelings on my sleeve and I know that---I just do not understand--was she wanting me to quit? This five pounds marked the fifty pound mark in my losses and I really expected a different attitude. Maybe I'm not being reasonable, but it just seems every week this rep, has been rather insensitive in her comments and remarks and this just steped things up a notch.
    Has anybody else out there been told that if you are over 200 you should have eight pound losses per week? I really think maybe I am going to tell her what I think and try to finish this on my own. I just don't know.
    That really angers me that your coach would tell you that. I wonder if someone didn't understand what was really said. 8 lbs a week for a woman that has been on this plan is alot. Do you see what your skin does when you lose 8 lbs in 1 week. I think the IP people better be careful because there are others out there that will take our money too.

Hang in there and be proud of your accomplishment!
  • Quote: New Profile Pic!!! I got this shirt for my birthday a month ago and it looked horrible. I mean really bad. I absolutely love it today I am getting so many compliments and people are finally starting to notice that I am losing weight.

I had the strawberry pudding today as a shake. Added ice and more water and put it in the blender. What a nice change. Very yummy.
    Based on your recommendation, I am doing that tonight with a vanilla pudding. Running out of my box drinks so
    I am trying to save them for traveling. Hope it's as good as the strawberry. Maybe I should buy some strawberry next time?? Anyone else like it as a shake???
  • Quote: New Profile Pic!!! I got this shirt for my birthday a month ago and it looked horrible. I mean really bad. I absolutely love it today I am getting so many compliments and people are finally starting to notice that I am losing weight.

I had the strawberry pudding today as a shake. Added ice and more water and put it in the blender. What a nice change. Very yummy.
    Carla, you make that shirt look good! Wow! I have seen all of your avatar pic's and you are very photogenic! They have all been beautiful.
  • Quote: You look amazing !!
    Vicjul, your avatar is a beautiful picture of you. It is nice to put faces to the names.
  • Quote: You look beautiful!!! You should be very proud! I am very proud of you!
    Kelsey, great picture! Very pretty and so youthful!
  • Quote: You look beautiful!!! You should be very proud! I am very proud of you!

Yay!!! I finally know what Kelsey looks like Beautiful outside as well as in

Dang girl, look at you! You look terrific and so much younger too!
  • Quote: Has anybody else out there been told that if you are over 200 you should have eight pound losses per week?
    If this is true by now I should have lost 160lbs!! While I would love for that weight to be gone, that is just slightly unrealistic. Not to mention that my body wouldn't have time to catch up to that and I would probably have a mass of loose skin. I will take my just under 3 lb a week average (with cheats).
  • Sylvie, you look amazing!! Very inspiring!!
    Carla...love the new shirt...you look fabulous!
  • Quote:
    And - full IP is for a limited amount of time - not the rest of your life - it's an investment in YOU!

-Teresa
    Exactly. And think of all the bucks we've spent over the years on high calorie, unhealthy foods/beverages that got us all into the state we're in... I'd wager to say we'd all be healthier and richer if we hadn't spent THAT money!

I'll take the high, short term investment any day for the return I'm getting.
  • Quote: I have not heard that. I am only losing 4.33 lbs average per week. I think that's perfect. I think I would report her, perhaps she's lying about the corporate thing? That's not what THEY advertise. They say 3-4 lbs per week for women on all of their signs!

By the way - WAY TO GO ON THE 50 LB MARK! THAT IS SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE!
    Yesterday my coach told me they HAVE to have my food diaries (yesterday was the first time I didn't bring one in- too many other things going on right now). She said they just found out that if Corporate came in and audited their files they could be shut down IMMEDIATELY if there were missing food diaries. Sounds to me like Corporate is a bunch of bad asses

Can you ask for a different coach? Is there one who did the plan and started at a similar weight as you? It sounds to me like your coach is very insensitive... and rude! Don't let her comments get you down, you are doing great!
  • 1st - Thanks for the nice words! This picture was taken in December, so I hope to have a "newer aka THINNER" one soon, I can actually tell how much thinner my face is now after looking for this picture. I'm a shutterbug, so I'm usually on the other side of the Nikon!

2nd - I go for WI #4 today, and I'm actually nervous. WTH is going on with IP?!? If you treat your clients poorly, you will lose them, and you will not get new ones when word spreads. Let's face it, we all have choices, and we Can and Will go ahead without them if they make us or our friends feel bad about ourselves.

Wow! You look awesome, Carla! Kudos on all the compliments, too! I don't know if I will ever lose enough to feel comfortable wearing sleeveless tops again but if I looked like you, I definitely would!!

Sylvie- You look amazing!! I look seeing your progression!