W.O.W. Memorial Day Challenge 2010~Week 2

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Week 1: 177.4
    Week 2: 177.2

I didn't do to great this week. I started out great with counting my daily calories, then towards the end of the week I slacked and wasn't counting my dinner calories. I've already calculated my calories for the entire day today because I know I am going eat at Chili's with my boyfriend this afternoon. I will be about 300 calories over for today, but I will make up for it tomorrow.

I've decided I'm going to try to find even more ways to burn calories at work. It'll be pretty easy on Fri and Sat because I work with the Sandhill and Whooping Cranes, so when I'm doing the AM and PM checks I can jog between enclosures instead of walking (there are 28 pens housing birds, with most having an empty pen between them and they can be kinda spaced out in some sections). Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • jeni..i cant have any fruit in the 1st phase. even a little thats why im staying away from the lemon..
    w 64++
    e bl wii
    e 1200
    d watch over my papa
  • Tiara~ok i understand

Zoochick~Thats a great idea jogging inbetween enclosures.

The verdict for Tommy~ 1 pussy ear infection, 1 red sore ear and strep throat. EWW.
  • Zoo- We are still neck and neck.

Nothing exciting happening here. Burning about 700 cals a day and trying to eat about 1600. That's what the Gruve tells me. Guess I'll have to wait and see if it works.
  • Restocked my healthy foods 2day.. always a plus to have the food you need to succeed in reach when people are bringing in sweets to sit on my table..
    i am starting to feel better ive cut out all dairy lactose intolerent isnt fun and right now ive put myself 1st..

okay im gonna go sleep now need to wake up early 2mo 4 work ..huh chat with ya 2mo..
  • Yesterday's WEED was successful for me.

Jeni - Your poor little guy. Hopefully he is feeling better being on the meds.

Mindy - What is the Gruve?

Tiara - I know what you mean about people bringing in food. We are having a barbeque today at work and all of the support staff has to bring in a side dish. I told them I would bring in pineapple because then I knew I would have at least one healthy option to go with the chicken.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
    E - 1 mile
    E - 1200-1400 calories
    D - train the dog
  • Morning gals. So There is no workout in store for me today. I went to bed late last night and didn't get up with my alarm. The sleep felt good, but at 430 am I didn't remember Tommy cant go into the childcare room because he is contagious for 24 hours after starting his antibiotic. Then I figured, ok 430 I can go in, but I forgot I have to go to a birthday party (at a chinese restraunt mind you) toinght at 6:00. No time to shower and get ready if I workout. Man why do I let myself do this, I know better than to stay up late. I also didn't eat well yesterday.

Today is a new day.

W 80 oz
    E as much as I can get to.
    E Well, I plan on keeping calories low during the day and eating the best I can at the birthday party.
    D shop for quick, easy, healthy foods.

Oh, Tommy's fever is gone and he is on the mend!
  • Weighins on Fri mornings
    Week 1: 167
    Week 2: 169 TOM

W: 64 oz water perfect
    E: To wrkout out 2x's a day 5x's a wk perfect
    E: Keep the calorie shifting @ the cals its recommended that day of below could be better
    D: Finish a chap in a book I'm readin slowly yet surely
  • Hey ladies -

DOn't have much time but wanted to check in say have a great weekend!!!

Em
  • popcorn .. i hope you had more than pineapple to eat at the party..Talk about being put to the test 2day at work i had to make 3 different kinds of deserts.. well i passed..

2day is payday..... so its a wonderful day.. untill i get the billz..lol

everyone have an awesome weekend..
  • Good Morning everyone!

Yesterdays food went okay. It wasn't great, but it could've been worse. The kids and I split a plate at the chinese restraunt, and we had fun!

I got my workout in today. I wanted to run for 60 minutes, but the treadmills were full darn it. So I ended up on the elliptical for 35 minutes, then I ran 18 minutes (got a pain in my side) then I hit some weights and abs. Now it's DH's turn.

Today is "Kids Health Day" at our YMCA. So we are headed over there for a day of fun, so I think I will be perfectly ON for my eating today. I have a ton of good healthy food. I am going to start cooking 3 days worth of chicken so all I have to do is warm it up to have a good healthy meal. (I need to get rid of the lazies )

W 100 oz
    E 35 elliptical done, 18 running, done 10 weights and abs done
    E 1400 cals. STICK TO IT. PLAN PLAN PLAN!!
    D have fun with the kids
  • Good Sunday morning to everyone!

I had a great day yesterday. The health fair was great and since my nephew was one of the first 50 kids he got a free membership (he was a non-member), my kids each got a free t-shirt (since we are members.)

Today is going to be house work, inside and out. I think I am going to start cleaning my siding today. We are supposed to have great weather! I'm babysitting my nephew again. The kids will have fun playing outside.

W 100 oz
    E I'm thinking about running outside today. I'm going to try and get an hour in, I will probably go to the local track and run.
    E 1400 cals
    D clean my siding.
  • I too have been cleaning house and doing laundry this morning. I am sticking to the calories my Gruve tells me and am rewarded with a gain. HHMM!!! Well it is mid-cycle time so I am going to be patient for a few weeks and see what happens.
  • Hi Mindy! I hate mid-cycle time boo.

I just had my best run ever! 7 miles!!! it took 1:18. It was outside so the resistance of the wind was great. I ran at the track, which was kindof boring, but it kept my mind within itself. I didn't psych myself out by seeing how far I needed to run.

ok now its time to find myself something to eat.
  • Jeni ~ great work! Congrats!