stuck

• So I finally reached under 200lbs about 2 weeks ago and now I am stuck. I have gone up and down during the time, but the last three days I have literally stayed at 197 every morning when I have weighed myself. I have been loosing weight for over a year and this is the most stuck I have gotten. I am eating between 1200 and 1500 calories everyday(zig zag) and I have been working out and burning 1000+ calories at least 4-5 times a week at the gym. I have also incorporated a biggest loser video to try to toss up my workouts.

Anyone have any tricks or ideas for shocking my metabolism into working with me again??? I know I haven't been stuck for too long, but I have not fluctuated down past 197 at all...only up and then back down.

Thanks!
  • I broke my last plateau by increasing my calories for a week and then went back to my regular plan. I had been stuck for a month but the scale is finally moving again.
  • Or you could try shaking up your food quality some. Try mixing up your macro's (protein, carbs, fats) or just try new foods.

I don't know what you are eating so it's hard to come up with an example. Do you want to post a few things you have been eating?
  • I have to say that honestly I wouldn't worry about it, but I'm a far different loser than you've described. I can be totally on plan kicking it at the gym and it's not unusual for me to stall for an entire month at a ridiculously regular exact same weight right down to the ounce. So I don't think three days is anything to worry about AT ALL. That's not to say I don't understand! It's very frustrating to stall even for three days, especially when you're used to bigger drops! I do feel for you.

I love your chickie!! 100 lbs lost looks great on you!

ETA: Also, you're smaller now!! It's probably about time for your body to start hanging on its stores a bit more, sorry to say. Now is when patience really becomes key.
  • im with eliana. my longest plateau was 8 weeks. at the EXACT same weight. sometimes your body just doesnt want to cooperate. maybe try calorie cycling, but i dont think 3 days is much to worry about.
  • Where are you at in your cycle? I find that I plateau for even a week or two (I was at 145.4 for two weeks), then start my TOM, then rapidly drop 2 or 3lbs over the next week. I dropped almost a pound over night, and I expect to see at least another pound drop off over the next few days.

I did plateau for about a month at 150lbs. I kept thinking that if I exercised more and ate less, I'd start losing again, but the scale wouldn't budge. I was doing cardio for 60min+ 6 days/week and strength training 4 days/week. All on a 1200-1300cal diet. Finally, I took a couple days off exercising, ate 1600cal for those days, then started a new exercise/diet regime. I now do 60min cardio 4 days/week and strength for 30 min 3 days/week. On the days that I do cardio, I up my calories. I'm now eating between 1200-1600 (trying to eat more whole foods), depending on how much I burn. I dropped 3lbs once I started eating more.
  • SO......I may have just hit an odd spot in my journey! I got on the scale today and I weighed 194.2!! Kind of weird, but I seem to be back to loosing! Thanks for all the support and pointers!! I hope the weight loss keeps going!!