serving size for beans

• Can someone tell me the serving size for beans (kidney, black, chick peas, etc.)? I'm starting up my plan again after several years and don't have my books anymore. The limited food exchange lists I have found only include meats for protein.

If it matters, I am starting out with Plan 3.

Thanks
  • The exchange booklet I use lists 1/2 cup (cooked) as the serving size for garbanzo beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, lentils, split peas, and black-eye peas.

For canned baked beans, vegetarian, the serving size is 1/4 cup.

For refried beans the serving size is 1/3 cup.

Hope this helps.
  • In the new free to live you can use beans as a protein and the serving size is 3/4 cup.
  • Now wondering about the mixed-proteins rule. Does it only apply to meat or is it all proteins? For example this morning I had 1/4 cup of black beans and 1 egg. Both 1/2 protein, added together equals one. But I don't think I am supposed to do it that way (I can't remember why).
  • Quote: Now wondering about the mixed-proteins rule. Does it only apply to meat or is it all proteins? For example this morning I had 1/4 cup of black beans and 1 egg. Both 1/2 protein, added together equals one. But I don't think I am supposed to do it that way (I can't remember why).
    You can do that, it's fine!!