Cheeseburger experiment

• This lady writes a really awesome blog about healthy and not-healthy foods. She is doing an experiment with how a McDonalds cheeseburger does not decompose as it should. I thought i would share the link:

http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/chee...take-2-day-11/
  • Words are not enough for this experiment! She may have convinced me NEVER to eat a fast food cheeseburger again!

Thanks for the link
  • Oh dear god,

That is disgusting!! Thank goodness I don't eat too much Fast food :S
  • That was horrifying. If bacteria won't eat it, why do we eat it? Ugh.
  • I have already sworn off fast food, but this has sealed the deal.
  • That is really interesting! My younger son is coming up with ideas for a science project in school. This might be something to give him some inspiration.

BTW....guh-ross!!
  • It doesn't surprise me. As soon as I saw the difference in the two breads (whole-grain vs bun) I figured there would be mold on one and not the other. A more fair comparison would be to leave the top slice of bread/bun half off and see what happens.

McDonald's buns (and most hamburger buns, for that matter) are more likely to dry out than mold. When summer comes along and we have friends over to grill, they always bring buns for their burgers. We don't buy them. But they forget to take the leftover buns home with them. I end up throwing the hard disks away a few days later.

They only mold if they're kept in moist plastic. Otherwise they dry into pucks.
  • She has been keeping them in ziplocs at room temperature - which definitely could get moist.
  • I once cleaned out the cabinets in the kitchen at my old job, and I removed a pound cake from the bakery. Never opened. Looked brand new, but hard as a rock. It was seven years old. The thermal label was faded, but the pound cake was shiny and yellow!