Quaker Friends Support

• I know we are a small group, but are there any Friends here? I've felt a strong leading to follow this path after many years of searching. It's nice to feel so at peace and at home with my faith!

I also feel lead by the light that for myself losing weight, eating whole foods and taking care of my body is a reflection of my testimony, especially when it comes to integrity and simplicity. It has helped shape the diet I eat, as I try to orient my diet to things that are not only healthy, but beneficial to my community by eating locally grown produce, and we even have a garden this year!

So, any Friends, be they Liberal, Conservative, Evangelical or any other label you want to give yourself are more than welcome!
  • Alecto welcome, I am just a plain old pure country Texas gal and would like to welcome you. Please come and join our Christian Encourager's April , they are a great bunch of Christians. I see you live in Arkansas. My Daddy liked to take the family to different states on our way to Indiana when I was little. We crossed over in Little rock and i remember where we went into Arkansas there was a little gift shop on the left side and they had toy pink flamingo birds that ducked there head in the water. I remember Mama saying what are they gonna come up with next, if she only knew.... I thought it so strange that from one state to another was right smack in the middle of town! Daddy took us up in the Ozarks and the roads were so nearer and on cliffs. All Mama could think of was a truck coming at us ,where would we go! Once we got to the town, I think Mama was just about ready to kiss the ground. The people were so friendly, I just loved it and the beauty, loved it!
  • Thanks for the invitation, but I am not one that normally fits with standard Christians. I tend to be far too liberal for most, since I am not one who takes the bible literally, but believes that divine guidance from our inner light through Christ and a testimony of love, peace, simplicity, equality, and honesty should guide our path.