dinner ideas??

• Good Evening Everyone!! I hope your all well and on track.. I was just wondering if anyone has any quick dinner ideas so i can change it up While the boyfriend is away for two weeks! so I can try anything (he is such a picky eater!)

Thanks!
    p.s. Im possibly joining a gym tomorrow and i am uber excited!!
  • no one says uber anymore you weirdo.
    Whatever you make, you have to share with me!
    Also, this is the recipe (courtesy of Goddess_Jessica who shares my name!) that I was talking about in the grocery store
    Pasta-less Spaghetti Dinner

Buy a spaghetti squash (yes, it will usually say spaghetti squash but it looks like this):

Pierce the skin and microwave it for about 5 minutes a pound or until you press of it and it feels like you could cut into it (the more you cook it, the less aldente it will be). Let it sit.

In a pan, brown turkey breast until half of it is cooked. I throw in some spices here but that's because I can't leave well enough alone. Usually oragano, sweet basil, garlic and some salt. Throw in a jar of spaghetti sauce and simmer it for 5 minutes (this cooks the turkey the rest of the way without turning it into little erasers).

Cut open the spaghetti squash and gently scrape the seeds out (I use a ice cream scoop to do this because it's easy). Then, use a fork to pull out the meat of the squash. It's kinda cool, it just come out like noodles.

Cover the "noodles" with pasta sauce and serve with some good parm and a glass of red.
  • hmmmmm next week we should make that and as for the word uber...
    uber uber uber uber uber !
  • just had "sir wasano's infamous brown rice salad" from moosewood.. delicious.

one cup brown rice cooked with 2c water.

when the rice finishes cooking, mix this sauce then add it to the rice while hot.
    2T soy sauce
    1T dark sesame oil
    2T rice vinegar (any type vinegar will work)
    1/2 cup o.j.
    1t crushed red pepper
    salt/pepper to taste
    2 cloves garlic

adjust the sauce ingredients to taste... lot of room for personalization

then, chop some veg to add to it (i use this, but you can easily adapt to use up whats in the fridge):

green onion finely sliced (3?)
    red/yellow pepper (about 1/2 a small one)
    8 ounces pineapple
    handful of raisins
    sesame seeds

(i also sometimes add chicken breast.. fish would also work)

enjoy! it's good hot or cold... and btw i loooove me some spaghetti squash. sometimes i buy lean chx/turkey ground meat and make meatballs to go with it. mmmmmm.
  • that sounds really good too.
    We should do a different dinner every night that he's gone, I'll go in on groceries for it
  • ok and omg that sounds delish!