Would anyone be interested in starting a challenge with me?

• I'd like to start a challenge that has no emphasis on weighing-in, because I've promised myself that I won't weigh for a couple months. I was becoming way too swayed by each pound up or down, and could get thrown into week long depressions over a pound not lost (or *gasp* gained) and that would affect both my eating and exercising. So now I'm trying to get myself grounded in healthful habits so I can better deal with a disappointment on the scale (and realize that the world won't end if I don't lose a pound for one week).

So what I'm thinking is an "INO" challenge (It's Not and Option). I learned this phrase in the book Secrets of a Former Fat Girl. Even though I only read half of the book this idea has stuck with me.

So an example would be (but of course everyone's would be different depending on what they want),

INO: To eat chocolate except a little bit on Sunday evenings.
    INO: Not to exercise for at least 20 minutes six days a week.
    INO: Not to get at least eight cups of water everyday.

Is there anyone willing to do this with me? If you want to weigh-in that's fine too. I just don't want weight it to be the focus of the challenge.
  • That sounds like a great idea! A 3fc buddy of mine suggested buying an inexpensive tape measure and keeping track of inches instead of the pounds. I told her I wasn't ready to own a scale just yet.

So I'm in for the challenge!

INO: to weigh myself (at least right now)
    INO: to not exercise 6 days a week
    INO: to not drink 8 cups of water
    INO: to have chips in the house
    INO: to eat in the car
    INO: to NOT treat myself to a goody on a weekly basis

I hope I got the hang of this.
  • Count me in Oliva. I just weighed and measured. I have to go grocery shopping this weekend so I'll start on Sunday. I've jotted everything down. Since I don't want you to feel any pressure to weigh yourself I'll try not to post mine. I'm looking forward to holding myself accountable and setting a goal.
  • I'm so glad you two are interested! =)

I'm going to start posting my daily 'INO's, but people can have their's be for the week, month, or whatever. I find that each day presents it's own challenges and different things about which I need to remind myself.

And any time something new comes up I'll post it here.

Like right now,
    INO: to eat one of the chocolate chip cookies in the dining room. So I will not have one.
  • Ooohhh.... I read Secrets of a Former Fat Girl... really liked it I'll join and be back later to post my INOs!
  • Yay! I hope some more people decide to join in! =)

Todays INOs,

INO: Not to count all my calories.
    INO: To go overboard with snacking if we have family game night.
    INO: Not to spend at least 20 minutes doing something active. I'm SITLL sick and coughing, so I'm not going to workout, but I can at least do some light calisthenics, dancing, or even hulahooping.
    INO: Not to drink all of my water.
  • Your so close to your goal, did you follow one plan over another?
  • Just counting calories and exercising. I found my "magic number" for calories is 1,600 (plus I eat more for exercise calories) and I will lose about a pound a week with that. Though it will probably slow down a little now that I'm getting closer to my healthy weight.

My only problem is getting off track for a couple months now and then. I'd probably be pretty much at my goal if that hadn't happened so many times.
  • Wow
    How's the check in with everyone? I found an online way to keep my food accouontable. If anyone is interested it's free and it's NutriMirror.com

It counts your calories for you, logs in your water intake and your exercise is recorded for calories burned. Totals it all up for you, no thinking. Says I'm eating 1400 average per day, but it keeps saying I'm not taking in enough fiber nor water.
  • Quote: How's the check in with everyone? I found an online way to keep my food accouontable. If anyone is interested it's free and it's NutriMirror.com

It counts your calories for you, logs in your water intake and your exercise is recorded for calories burned. Totals it all up for you, no thinking. Says I'm eating 1400 average per day, but it keeps saying I'm not taking in enough fiber nor water.
    Hey thanks for mentioning that site. I signed up and it looks like it'll work well for me. I hate to have to add up everything and keep track of all that. I love that the site will do it for me!
  • Can i join in? I'm overseas at meetings/conference until 9 May and the temptations are going to be so tough. So the INO challenge below is for until i get back home:

INO: eat any cakes/biscuits etc at am/pm coffee breaks (fruit only)
    INO: eat dessert with lunch/dinner
    INO: drink alcohol on more than 3 nights
    INO: skip the push-ups training
  • Quote: Can i join in? I'm overseas at meetings/conference until 9 May and the temptations are going to be so tough. So the INO challenge below is for until i get back home:

INO: eat any cakes/biscuits etc at am/pm coffee breaks (fruit only)
    INO: eat dessert with lunch/dinner
    INO: drink alcohol on more than 3 nights
    INO: skip the push-ups training
    One day later, and all INO's present and correct.
    Already i've been tested twice on INO#1, and once each on all the other INO's. Do i deserve chocolate for that?........