IP Chat - Week of March 22nd - 28th

You're on Page 17 of 34
Go to
  • My coach defines Boot camp as only eating 3 "white" packets, one protein, 4 cups veggies and as much lettuce as you want per day.
    I just bought the Fiesta Lime Mrs. Dash. It smelled so much like tacos that I decided to try a taco salad. I used 96% lean ground beef, small can of tomato juice, water and Mrs. Dash. It is simmering right now. I will put it on lettuce. Just tasted it and added some other spices. Try it and add your own ideas for flavor. It does need some sea salt.
  • Sarkbait, I'm thinking that it could be because you are on the lower end of the weight spectrum.....Just my 2 cents.
  • Quote: Hi All,

Its been crazy the last week or so. Took me a long time to catch up on everything that's been happening. Congrats to everyone on all their weight loss success and their NSV success.

I had my first weigh in on Friday and only lost 2 pounds. My doc said I wasn't in ketosis yet? I didn't understand b/c I follow everything to a T. Amazing considering I was on vacation my first 6 days of the program and then at a charity event surrounded by deserts and pasta for the next 3 days.

I noticed a lot of people here have trouble with salad dressing so buy those walden farms deals. I wanted to let you all know salad dressing is really easy to make at home - then you can have unlimited variety without having a ton of any one flavor. The key is 3 parts oil to 1 part acid. Then any spices etc you want are just bonus. I like to add fresh herbs as well as spices.
    Ex. 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice + sea salt, pepper
    3 tbsp EVOO, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar + sea salt, pepper, mustard
    3 tbsp grape seed oil, 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar + basil, paprika, sea salt, pepper
    Then you put the acid, spices, herbs, salt, and pepper to your blender. Mix it all up good. Then drizzle your oil in while your blender is on. This emulsifies the mixture so it won't separate when you put it in the fridge for a few days.

This week I made a spicy cilantro dressing and a spinach pesto dressing.
    The first was hot pepper, cilantro, cucumber, EVOO, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper. The second was spinach (blanched first to keep it from turning brown in the fridge), basil, EVOO, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper.

What else did I make this week you ask?
    1. Baby bok choy and green pepper stir fry
    2. Chicken loaf with mustard greens
    3. Veal stuffed cabbage rolls on a bed of cabbage and celery stir fry
    4. Grilled asparagus salad (my cold salad option)

I'm going to have to try some of those great recipes involving the IP packs. You all are so creative!!

Wow sorry for the crazy long post!
    Quote: Morning All,
    Today is my week 17 weigh in and it was a good week according to my home scale. A couple of weeks ago my coach switched my weigh ins from morning (which works best for me) to afternoon (which works best for her), so it is more difficult for me to get that closer gauge to how I did.

MTG--thanks again for the morning laugh--your son's story had me laughing out loud...my cat looks at me funny when I do that.

Well, off to work. Have a great Tuesday everyone and I will check in later.
    Wow Want2run! 50+ pounds is really something to be proud of! You're a true inspiration!
  • Oh, and I forgot to tell you....I mixed the peanut butter with the marshmellow cream.....now that was pretty good. Would probably be good on those pancakes. I put it on celery(of course), but I don't know what else to use it on that I can have. My coach said to use the marshmellow on the jelly/jello.
  • Quote: Would love to have your receipes for stir fry, grilled asparagus, stuffed cabbage rolls...are you a chef???
    I'm new to the site so it won't let me give you my email.Please post for all of us if you have the time.
    Learning to cook was my new year's resolution

For the bok choy stir fry.
    3 heads of baby bok choy (or one regular)
    1 green pepper
    2 tsp EVOO
    1 tbsp minced ginger
    1 tbsp minced garlic
    sea salt

Cut the leaves away from the bok choy. Thinly slice the stalks and chop the leaves. Seed the pepper then slice (try to make these pieces the same size as you made the bok choy). Heat the EVOO over high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, sea salt and stir for 30sec-1min. Then add the stalks and pepper. Make sure you continue stirring this mix as it cooks (approximately 7-10 min). Then add the greens, cook another 2-3 minutes. Makes 2 servings for a total of 4 cups veggies.
  • Quote: Gotcha. I think a lot of our coaches say restricted and unrestricted. The drinks, puddings, soups, jello are unrestricted. The others are restricted and should be used sparingly (the actual amount varies from coach to coach it appears). I guess by that system my coach told me to eat all white food, if possible. I carry a bar in my purse though for "emergencies."

Why the collagen food only every third day?
    That's what is supposed to keep you from having alot of loose skin/helps to keep your skin firm.

I don't know how you don't eat the restricted food, the bar everyday???!!!! I soooo look forward to "the good stuff" once a day!! hee hee :-)
    I'm in week 4 of Phase 1 and my coach(s) have me eat 1 green (restricted) + 2 white (unrestricted) + 5 oz meat (7oz fish) + 4 C veggies, unlimited lettuce AND because I'm on the Alternative Plan as a diabetic I also get in addition to the above, 2 pcs of bread or 1 potato + 1 pc fruit + 1.1 oz cheese or 6oz skim milk a day and so far I've lost 22 lbs & 13.5 inches. BUT I have about 150-180 lbs to loose. I'm enjoying the extras while they last...They will keep me on this Alternative Plan as long as I'm having a nice weight loss every week. 11+ lbs first week, 6+lbs 2nd week, 4lbs 3rd week. Feel like I've done good so far this week, but only the scale and tape measure will say for sure!!! :-)
  • For the stuffed cabbage:
    1 savoy cabbage
    4 bay leaves
    1/2 c white wine vinegar
    bowl of iced water
    4 ounces of bacon
    1 onion
    1 garlic cloves
    1/2 c mixed herbs (dill, thyme, basil whatever you like)
    1 tsp smoked paprika
    1/4 tsp ground cumin
    sea salt
    pepper
    1 lb of ground meat (whatever is on sale )
    1 egg
    Bunch of dill
    veggie broth

Heat oven to 350. Blanch the green outer leaves of the cabbage in a pot of water with the vinegar and bay leaves for 1 minute each leaf (this takes a lot of that unattractive cabbage smell and taste away while leaving the good taste). After a minute remove and submerge in ice water. You do this to keep it from cooking and then its pliable enough to wrap without breaking the stalks.

Then basically take everything else in a bowl (except the veggie stock) and mix it up like meatloaf. I figured with the pound of meat, bacon, and egg this should be 4 servings. So I blanched 8 leaves. Then I just distribute evenly and roll. Put in a pan (I used a pie pan), cover with stock, cook for 1.5 hours.

I served this on a savoy and celery stir fry.
    2 tbsp EVOO
    3 garlic cloves
    2 celery stalks
    6 c shredded savoy cabbage (should be about the rest of the head after you made the rolls)
    sea salt
    pepper

Thinly slice the cabbage and celery. Heat EVOO in pan, add garlic and salt, then just throw it all in. Done in about 5 minutes. Cabbage should still be kinda firm. That's 4 servings to match your rolls above. I know its not as exact as some people but its pretty close.
  • Quote: That's what is supposed to keep you from having alot of loose skin/helps to keep your skin firm.
    But why can't you have it everyday?

Like some of the other folks here, if I start down that road I won't stop so for me its better just not to go there with the bars and restricted foods.
  • Quote: I was very surprised that our clinic did not keep a file. That's when I decided if they were expecting me to haul my own paperwork back and forth, I might as well do weigh-ins and measurements at home and keep the data and variables consistent. If I was visiting a real coach or nutritionist or someone else I thought would actually add some value, I might approach this differently. But that is clearly not the case. Bottom line is, don't believe everything they tell you.

And hey, if you want a good scale, check out the one Birman displayed her lovely toes on a few weeks back. (I have the same model.)
    It's my understanding that if where ever you are going does not have the Weekly Food Diary sheet in your file if audited by the IP folks they could loose their IP Certification to provide the program. So I would think they would also have to have documentation of your lb./inch loss. My Clinic not only keeps the food diary sheet I provide them and tracks my lb/inch loss in a file they keep on me, but they also write it on my duplicate lb./inch loss sheet so I have it for my own record. I've been keeping a copy of my Food Diary sheets in a binder so I can refer back to them and will have it all in a book to put away when the new me imerges from underneath! hee hee :-)
  • Quote: I was very surprised that our clinic did not keep a file. That's when I decided if they were expecting me to haul my own paperwork back and forth, I might as well do weigh-ins and measurements at home and keep the data and variables consistent. If I was visiting a real coach or nutritionist or someone else I thought would actually add some value, I might approach this differently. But that is clearly not the case. Bottom line is, don't believe everything they tell you.

And hey, if you want a good scale, check out the one Birman displayed her lovely toes on a few weeks back. (I have the same model.)
    Quote: But why can't you have it everyday?

Like some of the other folks here, if I start down that road I won't stop so for me its better just not to go there with the bars and restricted foods.
    Extra power to you and the others who can do that!!! :-) Keep up the good work!!! I'll cross my fingers they don't make me go there any time soon... hee hee :-) About the collagen drink only every 3rd day...Well, she was telling me that they used to say to have it daily but they changed it to every 3rd day. And Ya know when that was about to be explained to me, we were interrupted and I haven't thought to ask about it again. But I will ask when I go on Monday and get back to yall on that one.
  • Quote: Hi Everyone-

I am fairly new to IP (just ended week 3) and on the scale at the doctor's office I was down 11 lbs. I am pretty pleased but I am finding that I am really hungry this week. I am hoping this passes. Did anyone else experience this? Any encouragement would be helpful!

Thanks for this thread...it is really nice to see other people on this wonderful program
    I just realized how close we are in size (you're ahead of me on losing, this is my 1st week, I WI tomorrow)!
  • Quote: For the stuffed cabbage:
    1 savoy cabbage
    4 bay leaves
    1/2 c white wine vinegar
    bowl of iced water
    4 ounces of bacon
    1 onion
    1 garlic cloves
    1/2 c mixed herbs (dill, thyme, basil whatever you like)
    1 tsp smoked paprika
    1/4 tsp ground cumin
    sea salt
    pepper
    1 lb of ground meat (whatever is on sale )
    1 egg
    Bunch of dill
    veggie broth

Heat oven to 350. Blanch the green outer leaves of the cabbage in a pot of water with the vinegar and bay leaves for 1 minute each leaf (this takes a lot of that unattractive cabbage smell and taste away while leaving the good taste). After a minute remove and submerge in ice water. You do this to keep it from cooking and then its pliable enough to wrap without breaking the stalks.

Then basically take everything else in a bowl (except the veggie stock) and mix it up like meatloaf. I figured with the pound of meat, bacon, and egg this should be 4 servings. So I blanched 8 leaves. Then I just distribute evenly and roll. Put in a pan (I used a pie pan), cover with stock, cook for 1.5 hours.

I served this on a savoy and celery stir fry.
    2 tbsp EVOO
    3 garlic cloves
    2 celery stalks
    6 c shredded savoy cabbage (should be about the rest of the head after you made the rolls)
    sea salt
    pepper

Thinly slice the cabbage and celery. Heat EVOO in pan, add garlic and salt, then just throw it all in. Done in about 5 minutes. Cabbage should still be kinda firm. That's 4 servings to match your rolls above. I know its not as exact as some people but its pretty close.
    Well this looks good! You are VERY creative!!!! Thanks for taking the time to share it!!!
  • Quote: Learning to cook was my new year's resolution

For the bok choy stir fry.
    3 heads of baby bok choy (or one regular)
    1 green pepper
    2 tsp EVOO
    1 tbsp minced ginger
    1 tbsp minced garlic
    sea salt

Cut the leaves away from the bok choy. Thinly slice the stalks and chop the leaves. Seed the pepper then slice (try to make these pieces the same size as you made the bok choy). Heat the EVOO over high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, sea salt and stir for 30sec-1min. Then add the stalks and pepper. Make sure you continue stirring this mix as it cooks (approximately 7-10 min). Then add the greens, cook another 2-3 minutes. Makes 2 servings for a total of 4 cups veggies.
    Looks soo good and quick too!!!
    OMG you actually kept a New Years Resolution??? I'm so proud of you!!!! Not many folks manage to do that!!! I sorta stopped making them because I never followed through on them and it just gave me something to feel guilty about...who need that right!!! Well you seem to have not only kept the NYR but you are excelling at it!!
    Thanks again for taking the time to share this!!! :-)
  • Quote: Looks soo good and quick too!!!
    OMG you actually kept a New Years Resolution??? I'm so proud of you!!!! Not many folks manage to do that!!! I sorta stopped making them because I never followed through on them and it just gave me something to feel guilty about...who need that right!!! Well you seem to have not only kept the NYR but you are excelling at it!!
    Thanks again for taking the time to share this!!! :-)
    Oh...have you tried the zucchini that taste like baked cinnamon apples recipe that I found somewhere on this site? Easy & really GOOD!!! Zucchini cut up in a glass dish, sprinkle Splenda & Apple Pie Spice or plain cinnamon, microwave for like 2 min. YUM!!!
  • Had my first weigh in today lost 4 pounds in four days as I just started the program on Monday. I picked up all my packages on Friday. I am bit confused as my coach said I could have one of the restricted foods daily. I am really enjoying the bars and have had one everyday. I did not buy anymore as I do not want to hinder my weight loss.