Music That Keeps You Going

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Does anyone have a certain song or songs that inspire/motivate/keep you focused? My daughter and I made a CD that we labeled "Positive Energy" with songs that keep us strong in our Faith and make us wanna dance. We listen to it almost every day.

I'll name a couple of our favorites and maybe the other awesome people here can share some of theirs.

Trading My Sorrows - Darrell Evans
    Voice of Truth - Casting Crowns
    And almost anything by Angels and Airwaves
  • Quote: Does anyone have a certain song or songs that inspire/motivate/keep you focused? My daughter and I made a CD that we labeled "Positive Energy" with songs that keep us strong in our Faith and make us wanna dance. We listen to it almost every day.

I'll name a couple of our favorites and maybe the other awesome people here can share some of theirs.

Trading My Sorrows - Darrell Evans
    Voice of Truth - Casting Crowns
    And almost anything by Angels and Airwaves
    I absolutely love Christian music and could probably write you a list of about a hundered songs, but I'll contain myself.
    - I love just about anything by Third day. Come On Back To Me is my all time favorite, but I find all of their music very inspirational.
    - Made to Love by Toby Mac. Just about anything by Toby Mac will make you want to dance!
    - I Will Not Be Moved by Natalie Grant.
    - My Deliverer by Mandisa
    - The Lost Get Found by Britt Nicole
    - Forgiven by Sanctus Real
    - I'm Letting Go by Francesca Battistelli
    - Your Grace Is Enough - Matt Maher
    - Song of Hope - Robby Seay Band
    - Salvation Is Here - Llincoln Brewster

Hope you find something here that you like. By the way, if you don't have any Christian contemporary music stations in your area, did you know that you can listen to many of them live via your computer? 104.7 and 93.3 out of Atlanta are wonderful stations. Direct TV also has a wonderful station, Spirit which is on...826 I believe.
  • THANK YOU RHONDA!!

I could not remember the name of a song or the artist last week...of a song I first heard a little over a year ago...your post reminded me!

I just love this song by Lincoln Brewster ~ Today Is The Day

http://popup.lala.com/popup/504684637834776589
  • Third Day ~ These Thousand Hills; Angnus Dei (Allelujah, oh our Lord God Almighty, You are Holy); Saved; and well, anything they do really ...

Darlene Zschech ~ All things are possible; Free to Dance (again) ...

Hillsongs Australia ~ My Redeemer Lives; This is how we overcome ...

I also like Chris Tomlin, Vineyard, Casting Crowns, Bryan Duncan, Jars of Clay, Passion, Micheal W. Smith, Rebecca St. James ... to name just a few but I like the easy listening songs too.
  • Some of these songs and artists we already enjoy, but there were some that weren't familiar to me. I'll be checking out new tunes this afternoon.

Our contemporary Christian station here is really good: 89.3 KSBJ. I just don't listen to it as much as I should!

Ooh, thought of a couple more...
    Shackles by Mary Mary
    Dive by Steven Curtis Chapman
  • Thanks for all of the song suggestions! Great songs to live by.
  • I've got some good inspirational music on my ipod which is great for when I run on a gorgeous day and just want to praise God for all the beauty around me (I live in the blue ridge mountains...)

King of Kings (I think that is what it's called) - Michael W Smith
    Caedmon's Call - lots of songs
    Mighty to Save - not sure who sings the version I have
    Testify to Love - again, not sure of artist
    Jars of Clay - Faith like a child
  • I love Christian music too! Some of my current favorite inspirational songs include:

Josh Wilson -- Before The Morning -- http://www.myspace.com/joshwilson LOVE this song so much....

Toby Mac -- City On Our Knees (I think that is what it's called)

Tenth Avenue North - anything by them is good, I love Hold My Heart

Natalie Grant - I will not be moved (this was mentioned already but it is a great song)

I love love love Superchick's song "We live" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCxZvD_wZ6I

I love faith-inspired music
  • I 2nd the Casting Crowns Voice of Truth! Such an inspirational song, especially when I think about my weight struggles.
    Along with all of the above, I love anything by Jeremy Camp to just get me going.
  • http://www.klove.com/

Love this station, and you can listen on the computer.
  • I agree with Penguin, I tune in all day long at work to either klove.com or air1.com
  • I've just recently gotten into more Christian music. Some of my favorites so far are "Beautiful, beautiful" - Francesca Battistelli, "God with Us" - Mercy Me, and "I Am Free" - Newsboys. For a little bit edgier stuff, I like Red and Skillet. Going to try out Kutless, Disciple, and Thousand Foot Crutch.
  • Better Than A Hallelujah - Amy Grant

Praise Him - David Crowder Band

How He Loves - David Crowder Band

Awesome God - Hillsong United

Our God - Chris Tomlin

You Are Loved - Josh Groban

You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban

Only Grace - Matthew West

@Penguin - I ♥ K-Love
  • I love listening to Sirrus Enlightenment on dish network.
  • I heard this song earlier today and it has quickly become a favorite, even had my bf buy me the mp3 tonight and I am listening to it on repeat

Pocket Full of Rocks - Come As You Are