starting my detox tomorrow

• yes nothing but fruits and veggi's to get my body back on track Im hoping to do it for at least two month's not only plenty of veggi's and fruits but also water and running five times a week
  • Wow, good luck, you can do it!
  • What will be your source of protein?
  • I was going to ask the same thing Sskar did . You need protein ! And calcium !
  • Fruits. and veggies. Great! Two months? NO! lol! Your body NEEDS calcium and NEEDS protein. NEEDS IT!!! Now I routinely do TWO DAY fruit and veggie fasts but TWO MONTHS?
  • very true ladies
    Yes thank you for reminding me ladies Im also going to include my oat meal, salmon and eggs, skim milk and yogurt,

Breakfast: oatmeal,
    snack: banana, or orange or apple
    Lunch: healthy choice vegateable soup
    Dinner: red beans with a salad dressing: vinegar and a dash of my spanish sazon (goya)
    snack yogurt
  • This doesn't look like enough calories to keep you going.
  • I'm telling you RIGHT NOW that this diet plan of yours WILL backfire. It will. It's not enough calories. It's starvation. We don't advocate starving yourself around here.
  • I think you've got the right *idea*. You just must tweak it a bit. Embellish it. ADD to it.

Think at least three meals with snacks in between. Or 6 mini meals.

The only way to permanently lose weight is to permanently alter your eating habits. So therefore it is vital to find something that you can do on a permanent basis.

Think lean proteins - egg whites, fish, chicken, turkey breast, soy products, beans.

Think LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of veggies. This will keep you nice and satiated and let you eat a lot of food for your calories (volume). Also think as veggies not just for side dishes - but for snacks as well. Think outside the box. Be creative.

Think some fruits. As they're much higher in calories then veggies.

And whole grains. High fiber cereals and the such.

Fat free and low fat dairy products - like yogurt and cottage cheese.

Stock up your home with strictly healthy foods. ALWAYS know what you will be eating AHEAD of time. Plan that food out! Failing to plan is planning to fail.

You CAN do this. With a sensible, healthy eating plan.
  • yes
    yes I know its more of a picture of it, plus my oatmeal and my salads are pretty big Im trying to get away from are the red meat I have been eating and get more into my fruits and veggis in my diet than before, I did it before and my body felt so much better I was able to actually go to the bathroom more sorry ladies and go to sleep better, but for some reason once I went on vacation this december I fell of the wagon and stop eating my vegi's and fruits,