Commitment a Week

You're on Page 4 of 11
Go to
  • *smirks*
    Quote:
    Originally posted by ginya
    hmmmmm, let me see, now that it is Friday, I think i can make it through the week...
    Bwahahahaha, that's just what I was thinking.

I'm going to try & squeeze in a walk every day next week.
  • Sojourner-I may need a slap or two just to keep going!!! Seriously though, i am still not eating as well as I could, but i think I am eating less just because I am stopping sooner!!!

Wanttolosealot-Just keep at it, and soon you will be smoke free!!!

Ginya-I totally agree!!

Suchaprettyface-Nyah ah ah to you too!!!
  • I managed to stay almost caffeine free for the week but I can't give up that first cup of coffee every morning
  • Drs took me off caffeen and 'nutra sweet' for the MS thingy...(the *******s) so I ordered the Gevialia decaff...costs more but you use less, I figure if I gotta drink the stuff it might as well be the best. I hardly notice the difference (oh, that slapping sound you hear is my butt dragging across the floor every morning).

was on a business trip this week and tried (oh how I tried) to be good, but Northwest finally won when they served me a double chocolate cake with chocolate chips.

just read an article about how a chocolate shake at Burger King has more fat than a double whopper with cheese...WTF??? who is in charge of this??? I thought God wanted us to be happy???
    and yes, I would like some low fat, processed, nondairy, soy-based cheese with that whine...
  • Well, along with trying to keep my non- smoking commitment, I am also going to try and drink 8 cups of water a day.
  • Ginya-TOO FUNNY!!!!! Good news on the horizon....Macdonalds is starting to use a new fat for the fries that only has HALF the fat grams per serving.....Do YOU believe they'll taste good? I don't!!!!!

Mauvais-I'm with you. I HAVE to have that coffee to wake up. I have even told DH to set me up with an IV rather than try to wake me himself!!!!

Wanttolosealot-The water will help flush all the toxins out of your body, so that is a smart move. Also, if you drink a glass of water every time you are craving a cigarette you will be so full it will stop you from eating!!!
  • Oh yeah good point Den with the drinking a glass of water everytime I want a cigarette, yesterday was another smoke free day. Today has just begun! I drank 8 glasses yesterday, but I still ate a lot of junk, I hate the beginning of school because we stock up on all the yummy treats for the KIDS, but I end up trying them too. Some are not bad snacks, however, some are. So today I am going to commit myself(maybe I should) tonot eating the kids treats.
    Virginia
  • Well, I didn't eat after DH went to bed!

This week I commit to walking to the Office instead of driving. I'll take Hershey along because she needs to make a commitment too.
  • Oh geepers, is it commitment day agan? Okay, ummm... I will not eat lunch or a snack in bed and then fall into a drugged sleep immediately afterwards.
    Ruth... what's this office stuff!? Aren't you retired? Is this some sort of scam on your part?
  • Well sure I'm retired but my term as Fair Board Treasurer doesn't end until the AGM which is November 3! I still have cheques to write and bank statements and other crap to deal with. I am also trying to get the end of the year financials done while I can still use my right hand!
  • Okay, commitment for the week...I plan on walking the dog, or rather, have her walk me, once a day. Will be good for both of us! I was going to add more, but I don't want to overwhelm myself. Okay, I'll follow my diet too...there! Happy?
  • Oh. Well, all right then. Hey, when are you going in for your wrist?
  • Friday the 27th of September. Maybe I'll lose weight eating with only one hand! The left one gets done Oct 23 - unless I chicken out.
  • Okay, I'll stick to no eating after 8 and add doing 10 crunches per day.

...................oog.................
  • Ginya- you are a hoot!

Wanttolosealot- keep it up girl!

I am still working on the caffeine at work thing but I will add 2 extra glasses of water a day to my routine.

Good luck to everyone with their commitments this week, we can do it