Weekly Chat March 15-21

You're on Page 1 of 15
Go to
  • Good Morning!!! It's that time again... MONDAY, MONDAY, MONDAY!!! (imagine that being said in that big moster truck rally announcer voice because that's totally how I said it in my head!)

Welcome to daylight savings... and NO complaining ladies. We get an extra hour of day light in the evening (which also could potentially mean an extra hour of working out time). I'm looking forward to being able to continue wearing my sunglasses at 9pm (aka SUMMER TIME!!!!).

The past week has been HORRIBLE for me plan wise. I just don't know why I can't go on vacation and behave myself. I guess somewhere in my head I think I owe it to myself... like "you've been doing good, your on vacay so do what you want." Well.... another pound up, making for a 2 lb gain over the past 2 weeks shows that I CAN'T DO THAT.

So, I'm not going to b*tch and moan too much. I did it to myself... it was a conscious decision to eat badly and guess what? I'm paying the piper.

Now, as you know I am going to ATL this weekend (wahoooooo) but I have already said (and please hold me accountable ladies!) that my ONLY cheat meal will be Sunday for lunch. The old crew is getting back together for lunch/drinks and that is the my ONE designated planned diversion. Luckily Holly eats pretty healthy and is a vegetarian so we'll be cooking meals while I'm staying with her so it won't be overly traumatic.

My weekend was good (other than horrible eating). Saturday I got to the beach and it was kind of cloudy and really really really windy and a little chilly.... it was just before sunset and the clouds were rolling in and it was sprinkling on and off. The sun finally came out behind some of the clouds and it looked so pretty. Then we looked back and you could see the rain rolling in behind and around us so we decided to walk BACK to the car (1 mile walk each way) and I looked up at the ocean... and there was A RAINBOW!!! It was really incredible. I got some pics and will upload them later. I felt like the universe smiled down and said "you're gonna be alright kid."

Sunday morning I went to my first Buddhist temple ceremony. It was quite an experience and just on a cultural (and not religious) level it was very interesting.

All in all a pretty good weekend.

Alright ladies, time to lock and load... get this week under way. Have a FANTASTIC Monday!!!!
  • Hey ladies, I have a bad case of the mondays.

And all I'm going to complain with daylight savings time is that I have early classes...right now I feel like I'm getting ready for my 8am class when I'm really getting ready for my 10 am class. I SOOO can't wait to get up at 7 tomorrow and want to die! Spring break and daylight savings time should be banned from being in the same week. But I'm trying to wake myself up right now by blasting Lady Gaga - Telephone.

The 148.6 stuck on the scale this morning, so I'm glad to see that I lost a lb while I was home even with my 2 bad days. Now I'll be fully back on track!

Feral- I LOVE when i see rainbows over the ocean!! That happened to me once in New Jersey..It was so pretty and of course I went camera crazy with it! I'm glad that you're looking positive about the 2 lb gain. You had a great time, and yeah you went off track, but you're being proactive about your next trip!
  • Good morning girls! its dark outside!! daylight savings... but that means the sun will shine well into the evening

Spring has sprung over here in california, and i'm getting allergies... bah!!! And i got sunburned yesterday, oops...

Have a good day everyone!!
  • Feral - As long as you're back on track now those two pounds will disappear again!

Samantha - Congrats on losing while having bad days I hear ya on the DST :C

Jess - That means summer is only a few short months away, I better kick my butt into overdrive so I can look hot in my bikinis this summer!

Double date tonight!!! Me and Roy are going with Scott and Jake to get sushi at my favorite place. I've never done the double date thing before, so I'm nerdy and excited about it

Except I think Roy may have gotten me sick because he was starting to get sick when he was here the other day :C BOOOOO!

I don't even want to see the scale this morning (I looked at it anyway, not bad - maintained from yesterday). We ate out at Maggiano's last night, a delicious italian restaurant that offers family style dining. I kept my portions good, but we ate a LOT. And it was delicious. And they got me birthday cheesecake, which I split with my friend Scott. I plan on getting my butt out of my comfy bed, eating my breakfast, then taking my pudgy butt down into the basement and working out.

I had this horrible dream last night that I was losing strength. Like, my stamina was really really bad and I couldn't do anything, I could hardly run up the steps without being in pain! I did not have good dreams last night :C

Looks like it's Monday. Have a good one, ladies!

ETA: I don't know how many of you saw it, but IrishRose posted in the 20-somethings forum about Mental Plateaus and it's exactly what I've been going through. So for the rest of March I'm hiding my scale and focusing on fitness, nutrition, and clothing size. I've been obsessing over the numbers and I think that's what caused me to slide into this plateau. I was terrified of being at 159, since I've never been lower than 165 in my life (and that was in 7th grade). I'm a little nervous about hiding the scale since I'm an avid daily weigher - it keeps me accountable and I like to know where I'm at. I feel like if I don't weigh daily then I gain. BUT I need to re-set my mind for this journey and re-focus on my other goals. I have to get back to snacking on fruits and veggies instead of pulling out the chips and pretzels, and I need to get my exercising back on track 100%. I wanted to do this by summer and I am DETERMINED to do it! I've come far, but now's no time for resting on my laurels!
  • Just a quick pop in, before I head off to class to say hi and is it friday yet? I have a paper to hand in today, and exam today, and exam thursday and a class presentation friday! AAAARRGGGGGGGG! Thank god, my volunteer mentor got my a starbucks gift card as a present last week...... I figure I'll sleep sometime next week.....

I got my hair cut yesterday. I went the Hayden Panettiere bob. It looks awesome. I'll try and post some pictures when I'm home from my day of ****. Hope everyone's weekend was good.

Off I go!
  • Shan - Oooh, I love that cut (but I could never rock it, short hair just doesn't look good on me...) I definitely want to see pictures! I just cut my bangs over the weekend - went from my winter look (blunt bangs) to my spring/summer look (side swept bangs)
  • I'm going to be grumpy today - I have a lot to do and very limited time! I also need to get back to eating well. I say this as I'm about to go on a business trip, but I've been there before and I know my options, and I can so do this.

• Feral- I know you can stay OP in ATL...own your choices and have fun!

Samantha- I feel you on the Mondays. And I'm always woken up by my bf leaving the house at 5:30 so I already feel like Monday has gone on FOREVER.

Jazz- We won't have leaves on the trees over here for another 2 months, so you'll be all done with your allergies by the time I even start to get mine.

Mary- sushi double date sounds awesome! It's tough to put away the scale but personally I find focusing on fitness is so much more rewarding. And your bangs look cute

Shan- Good luck this week! That sounds like a brutal schedule.

Stella- where is your business trip?

I had a so-so weekend. Had to teach skiing in the rain yesterday; the girl was struggling a lot and it took an extra half hour to get her down the mountain. On top of that I'm afraid I tweaked my knee so I'm nervous about running. On the good news side of things, I can get the tape measure to 26.75" on my waist if I pull it a bit snug. In the mornings, 27" is now comfortable. I have no idea what I weigh; I feel like it's not very low, but maybe I'm building muscle and changing my body comp. I haven't been able to use my trainer's omron bf% monitor recently bc she moved it and I haven't seen her. Not that it's very accurate anyway.
  • Good Morning ladies... I posted some new pictures in the photo album thread!

I had a really good weekend... I took a very spontaneous trip three hours away to the Eastern Shore to celebrate St. Patricks day with some friends

The bouncers at the bar didnt believe my ID was really me even when I showed them my credit card and everything... three people checked it and finally let me in... I even told them I lost 82 pounds... grrr

I also got kicked out of the same bar for going with my friend into the boys bathroom... girls line was super long...there was no one in the boys but clearly thats a big deal... sucks cuz I didnt even have to pee...I just went with her...but it was probably best we went home anyways... I got 4 hours of sleep and then drove all the way back home...

I hung out for a little then got back in my car to meet the boy for dinner... I've done a lot of driving this weekend... we had a fabulous dinner at cheesecake factory...even though I had to order a stupid thing with the word weight management in the title... they really should change that nonsense

Feral- You will find a gym and you will do fabulous bc I will make you haha

Stella- no grumpy pandas today

Forest- that sure sounds tiny... I would be that girl... I almost killed myself skiing

Shan- Cant wait to see the new haircut! glad you went through with it

Mary- I had a horrible dream where I missed the LSAT... it really was horrible
  • Forest - I'm still a little nervous about not knowing the day-to-day numbers, but at the same time I'm excited. I got all nerdy and opened up My Day in Microsoft Entourage to make to-do lists - already did the strength sets for today

Haley - I saw the pics, you look super cute! I hate when places have insensitive or blatant nutritious option titles on their menus. Poor marketing >:C
  • Mondays after Spring break BLOW! I am in such a blah mood and gave my students an art assignment that didn't take much instruction. They get to use watercolors so no complaints from them! I did lose a few pounds this week. I can thank TOM for ending, but I also did my exercising daily and stayed within calorie range. I am coming a little too obsessed with it though. I use daily plate and stress over everything else, not just the calories.. such as sodium, sugar, carbs.. ugh.

Feral - I have had the same type moments you had. Ate really OP and wanted to kick myself in the butt, but I knew what I was doing to myself when I did it. Just had to start back up again... you can do it. You have done a great job so far. We need a break sometimes! I can't wait to see your pictures!

Samantha I absolutely HATE it being dark when I am getting ready for work. Yes I like that it stays light longer in the evening, but I feel like I should still be in bed, NOT heading to work

Jazz Sunburn?? I can't wait until its warm enough here to sit outside and get some sun! YAY!

Mary I have been thinking about hiding my scale too.. I have become very obsessed with it. My DH even said so. I may ask him to hide it from me until Friday.

Shan I remember seeing the picture of her hair.. that was a really cute cut! I did mine short last year.. had the back of it stacked. Just wasn't "me". My hair does better long. I wanna see the pics!

Forest What is an omron bf%?

Haley I agree.. they shouldn't put "weight management" on there.. I think "low cal" is acceptable.. maybe even heart healthy.. but not "weight management". Its already hard enough not ordering what I WANT!
  • Samantha - I'm not a LG fan, but I do love the telephone song! Good luck getting through your classes today! You'll make it. Way to go losing weight while back at home, sometimes that's the hardest!!!!

Jazz Jess - is it bad I'm jealous of your sunburn? The beach was soooo cold (even though the high was 70 on Sat) and sooooo windy (like it was a windy day on top of being windy because it's the beach). My next trip is to SD!

Mary - jealous of your sushi date!!!! Did you post pics of your new bang cut? I must have missed them but I'm sure they're super adorable like you! I'm glad you brought up the mental plateau thing because as soon as I saw her post I was like OMG! THAT'S MY PROBLEM!!!!!

Stella - we gotta fix the Monday Grumpy Panda vibe.

Shan - googled the hair cut and HOW CUTE!!!! I def can't wait to see pics! I'm sure it looks really good! Good luck this week - just think, if you make it through the end of the week you're golden!

Forest - I love the fact that you said "OWN YOUR CHOICES." I don't remember that enough... thank you! I hope your knee is okay!!!! 27'' waist is a crazy thought for me... that's like... half of mine now (well, its not quite that big but still!). Look how far you've come! You're amazing.

Haley - way to get kicked ot of the club! That makes me giggle! It happens though. Sounds and looks like you had a great time. I know I've told you this before but YOU LOOK SO GREAT!!!!! How funny is it that they didnt even think it was YOU on YOUR license?! Other than it being a hassle, that should tell you how far you've come!

Kelli
    - I'll be complaining about the Monday after spring break in 2 weeks. I feel for you! At least your kids can kind of manage themselves!
  • Feral - Yeah, totally realized that's what my problem has been for the last month and a half and the post inspired me to hide the scale and make a schedule so I thought I'd bring it up in the chat incase anyone else was going through it as well lol

Forest - That's crazy awesome about your waist! That's where I want to get mine to! I'm at like a 31" right now...Hopefully around summer time I'll be close!
  • Haley ~ That stinks that technically you got in trouble for not even really doing what they kicked you out for...but it's a good story at least

Mary ~ I still to this day have dreams where I wake up in bed at 10:58am and freak out because you had to be in school before 11am in order for the day to count in high school. I had perfect attendance all 4 years of high school and had to fight with the school nurses once senior year to let me stay in school until I would get counted for the day before sending me home sick. LOL That was over 10 years ago

Today has actually been going surprisingly well for me. I got roped into staying after school to prepare for MCAS events next week. I am so annoyed because I really wanted to just get home and get straight to the gym. It's also annoying because I already know that I'm going to be doing stuff that has already been done like 1920182901812 times AND I'll most likely be the only one staying, like always! But today's one of the only days that I can really stay after school, so this afternoon it is.

And I totally found out about this online teaching tool that goes along with the two math books we use that gives so many different printable worksheets that go along with every section in the book. I AM IN TEACHING HEAVEN!!! This would have been so much better to know, you know, back in September, but I'll take it. My students have been making fun of me because I'm totally like a kid on Christmas.
  • Hi girlies