Mid-March Monday Beach Chat

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Good Morning

It's hard to believe it's really the 15th already! Before we know it, we'll be trying to figure out how to make more hours in the day! We are definitely over the hump!

On that note, I'm going to sit outside and drink coffee, get all my work done early, hit the pool early for some water yoga and go skiing! The snow won't last forever...unless we have some inredible amount of snow in the next two weeks, skiing ends here, at least, on Apr 4.

What's going on in your world? I had a great OP day yesterday and am looking forward to another! Stop and chat before heading out and about.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning chicks!
    I'm up early today to catch my flight. I am dreading this trip, but no getting out of it.
    Not even a flight delay, as I was hoping for.
    Hope you all have a great week!
  • Good morning, and Happy Monday!

Debbie, your day sounds full of fun and I hope you get the most out of it. Do you usually get much snow this far into March? I have to remind myself that you do live in the mountains. Have a great OP day!

It's supposed to be another rainy day here, but at least it's mild, and it's supposed to be nice the rest of the week. I work 4 days this week, then I'll have two whole weeks of vacation. Plans are still up in the air as to how I'll spend it, but I'll be content just to wake up in the morning and know I have the entire day to myself. If the soil dries out, I'd like to get the garden ready for planting, and maybe get some cold weather seeds planted.

I have a hair dresser appointment first thing today before heading over to Cindy's. Saturday was Audrey's birthday and she had a big sleepover party, so I'm guessing I'll be pretty busy cleaning up her and Maggie's rooms. They have piano after school, and I need to find time to get their hair trimmed before their trip, too. At least the day should fly by!

How's your Monday looking?

ETA _

Have a safe trip, Schmoodle!
  • Safe travels, Diane.

Hi, Cottage. Wow! 2 weeks of vacation and at such a great time of year! I'm sure you'll find something super-fun. And yes, March is traditionally our heaviest snow month. In 2003 we got 7 ft in 3 days! The good news is that it melts super fast with the high altitude . It won't stick for more than a few days. Have a great day!
  • Good morning!

Enjoy your day Debbie! It sounds like you've got a nice one planned.

Linda, I can still remember looking around in shock on mornings after my daughter had friends sleep over - even when they were in high school. My son and his friends spent most of their time outdoors or in front of the TV but the girls always checked out everything in Beth's room and closet. Good luck today! I'll keep my fingers crossed about the weather for your vacation. I'm anxious to get to work in our yard and gardens, too. If it's not going to snow I want spring! Around here we have to get through mud season first though.....

I need to head out early this morning, I'm not sure what the roads will be like. It's supposed to warm up and rain all day but right now ice pellets are bouncing off the windows. And it's so dark! I knew it would be, but it's still taking me by surprise. When the rain stops later in the week I'll enjoy the extra daylight after school though, so it will be worth it.
  • Morning, Heidi! I hope it warms up enough for your drive to school this morning. I expect everything in both girls' rooms and the playroom were thoroughly checked out. Most of the time Cindy will make the girls pick up, but they always leave plenty for me to do, too. I expect their bathroom will be a mess, too, as now they are into doing each other's hair and nails. I don't mind, though, as it keeps me busy. Most of the time at Cindy's, I'm looking for things to do to keep me busy. I often feel guilty that they are paying me just to be there.
  • Good morning, everyone! It's nice to wake up early enough to get here for once. I'm even up early enough to get a good 30-45 min. jog in before work!!

Debbie: Your days sounds great! I wish I could tag along with you instead of going to work. Enjoy!

Schmoodle: Sorry your trip wasn't delayed. I hope it's much better than you expect it to be!

Linda: Two weeks of vacation sounds great. I hope you can get things started in the garden. We're doing our indoor potted herbs this weekend and I can't wait to get into the dirt!!

Me: It's a bit chilly and still dark outside, but I'm going to head out to the back yard and do some walking/jogging anyhow. We're supposed to get rain the next few days, so I'm not sure I'll get to be outside for a while.

Last week was CRAZY at work, even with me missing 2 1/2 days being sick. Boss-man was out and I found out some interesting things about how my coworkers feel working for him. I wish I could fix everything and make it a more pleasant place to work, but I doubt there's much I can do. My bookkeeper's been fighting with her hubby about it because he's wanted her to quit for weeks now, but she wants to give boss-man another chance. He was out all last week with a back injury, so we'll see how this week goes. I can't really get involved because it will look like an organized coup and that wouldn't bode well since I'd replace him.

Oh well, life goes on. I'm off to get my workout gear on and see if I can jog without tripping in the dark. Should be interesting. Keep some hot tea back for me!!
  • Such early posts. I wonder if the 3FC clock is right. It's 7:11 here.
    Posting this to check.
    Nope! It looks like they set it back an hour instead of forward!

Gotta post and dash this morning. Dear Paul, who sometimes doesn't pay attention, thought I was leaving for Florida this morning. When I was out yesterday he brought in the sander and stuff and is ready to start sanding this morning! So....I need to clear everything out of the guestroom by eight. So my nice quiet morning will disappear.

See you later.
  • Duh! It's my 3FC clock. I'll go to my profile and change it.
  • You ladies are funny today!

Kim - good for you for getting up so early!

Schmoodle - sorry you have to go on your trip

Me - back to the grind today. Work, bring the DD to speech pathology ( to get her caught up with her age group before kindergarten), treadmill in between, alpha at church. I was going to get up early this am to run, but when I couldn't sleep until past 11, and with the time change, I thought that would be amazingly cruel punishment after vacation!

I have a menu planned for the week. I haven't decided how I'll do my church class tonight...it's almost always carb laden. Hard for a fairly thin person to bring their own meal saying they're on a diet. I just nee to control and get back to where I was!

Have a great day!
  • Good morning My brain hasn't made the time change yet. Luckily I have a few days off and I think mom likes it better when I sleep in Last night we stayed up until 10:30 chatting and sipping wine so not 5:30 wake up for me. I'm not going to do personals while I'm here because it ties up the phone line but it's nice to see you all here I'm sure there are thrift stores on the agenda. It's our favorite thing to do when it's too cold and muddy and wet to go exploring

Schmoodle - Hope it goes as well as it can
  • Debbie, you're going to sleep well tonight after all that activity today! Enjoy your on-plan day!!!

Schmoo, I hope that Florida treats you nicely and you can enjoy your trip!

Linda, enjoy your hair appointment! My hair is so plain that I get it trimmed only about once every other year or so. I tried getting layers before Tom got home from the deployment but they looked SO awful so I had to go back and get it all cut the same length like always. I thought I was being so adventurous. Oh well! I guess I'm destined for plain hair. There are worse things!

Heidi, I would not like a mud season. Mud and I are not friends.

Kim, hope you had a nice jog! Good luck with the situation at work. That does sound sticky.

Ruth, I'm sorry Paul had a mix-up with your departure date. Good luck getting everything prepped!

Tammy, I also struggle with church functions. Is there one person who does the catering or do you all take turns? Sometimes it's just easier for me to take a small helping of whatever is offered, know there will be cravings and just power through, and sometimes it's easier to bring my own.

Cyndi, enjoy thrift storing with your mom!

Connor is about to be on my last nerve. He just got home from school, with a in his homework book. He didn't finish all his schoolwork so he has extra to do for homework. Sometimes I don't know what to do with this kid. For awhile I was going in to his classroom and just sitting there to make sure he behaves, but it takes a chunk out of my day that I could spend not sitting in a second grade classroom. Argh. I still have to dust, sweep, and vacuum the third floor because I was out all morning running errands and I didn't get home in time to do it before Connor walked in the door. We have a Parish Council meeting at church tonight, so we need to get through homework and homeschool quickly so we can get off to that. Luckily, some kids from the confirmation class volunteered to babysit so I don't have to worry about the kids while I'm there. They still have to come with me, but they'll be eating their dinner (I cheated and got Amy's frozen kids meals) and watching a movie and hopefully not causing trouble. We shall see...
  • Good morning from slopeside. DH and I are up and hydrating while our condo mates hopefully sleep through all the noise we are making. Heading for lessons for all in about 2 hours. Have a great Monday chicks.
  • Good morning to those who posted after me.
    Kim, I'm glad you're feeling better but sorry things are still so stressful at work.

Twynn and Kara I have the same problem at church activities. Whether we're getting together for 30 minutes or 3 hours there's always food and it's always really yummy stuff that I shouldn't be eating. I usually just take very small portions and then just pick at my plate and have dessert. I bring the SF PB cookies to everything...

I'm not sure if it's the time change or the weather but I'm missing 6 students this morning. I've got them working/playing at centers right now and I'm trying to decide if I should stick with my lesson plans or just give them an easy review day since I'll have to reteach anything we do today when the others get back anyway......
  • Karen, enjoy your lessons!

Heidi, *most* of our church events are potluck, so I just bring my own safe food. Since I'm a vegetarian, I have a good excuse for not sampling everything that is on the table. I have the worst time being strong with desserts, though. They always look SO good and it takes a lot of willpower to resist. I should start bringing a safe dessert along as well. The other desserts would probably still look just as good, though... I definitely struggle at least as much with mental temptations as I do with physical cravings.

So I went all the way downtown today to the bookstore that carries the schoolbooks (we have to buy Connor's schoolbooks) and ended up getting the wrong one. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I had asked him to get the teacher to write down the specific book I needed and he didn't do it but I went down there today anyway because I knew I had time today. Now I have to go BACK tomorrow. (Stop clenching your jaw, Kara.) I am going to go clean out the frustration.