Excited to join you on the beach!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everyone! I started Phase 1 of SBD on Saturday and have been doing really well. I found this forum and have been lurking for a couple days and you have some great info! I weighed myself yesterday and I am already down 3 pounds. In the past I have done Atkins and WW but have never really had control of my diet and gained everything lost back. I am excited to find something I can easily do for life that doesn't feel like I am depriving myself. Anyways just wanted to say hi!
  • Welcome! I love South Beach- I follow it pretty closely and it's the ONLY thing that has worked for me

The best part is if I feel I'm slacking or going off- I can go back to phase 1 for a day or two and get back on track
  • Thanks beerab! I agree with you, I like the idea of having a starting point to go back to if I fall off the wagon. I definitely need some structure!
  • Nice to meet you! I'm glad you stopped lurking - I did that before and found that actually joining in is soooo motivating and the support here is amazing.

• It sounds like you've got a great attitude... you really can lose weight using lots of different weight loss programs. The trick, IMO, is finding one that you can live with as a permanent WOE so that you can keep that weight off. South Beach is definitely it for me.
  • Thanks Karen & 1oftheLuvs! The everyone's personal stories and victories on here are very motivating!
  • to the beach sunnybella!
  • Welcome to the beach. This is a life-long plan that actually works. Glad you are doing so well. Look forward to hearing from you.

Sharon

• Welcome aboard! I love SBD because you can cook a variety or foods and it's not hard when eating out. It's been almost 3 years and I still look forward to trying new things. This is a great life long way to eat!
  • to The Beach, Sunnybella! You are off to a great start, and we look forward to having you join us here and getting to know you.
  • Welcome! We're glad to have you with us!
  • Sunnyb, join our chat and make sure to post in the SBD bios!
  • Hello, it's nice to meet you!
  • Welcome!
  • Thanks everyone! Glad to be here! I posted a Beacher Bio yesterday, check it out