Question? (maybe TMI)

• Okay ladies.. I must be doing something wrong! lol. I started SB friday of last week and have been doing good on it so far (I think). But I seem to be having one itsy bitsy problem. I haven't pooped! I've been taking the fiber choice chewables everyday (6 today) and nothing.. help?
  • Lots of hot water chugged...at least 3 cups at a time...or 2 cups of hot coffee...or both. I have a chronic constipation problem and I do not go to the bathroom unless I have 24oz of hot water (at once) at least 3X a day!
  • thanks i'll try it.
  • are you getting enough beans and 4.5 cups of veggies per day?

Beans always help me, as does water (getting in at LEAST 64 oz.)
  • I drink "3 Ballerina Tea" b/c i was having the same problem. It gave me cramps at first but it cleans you right out! DONT get it in pill form, it's crap. hope this helps too.
  • Im not really a veggie girl, but I've been drinking the V-8 and eating celery, tomatoes and onions. I drink a decent amount of water, not quite up to 64 oz yet though.. lol.
  • A BIG part of this way of eating is getting your 4.5 cups of veggies a day. Only one of those cups can come from a serving of juice. Try some of the recipes up in the recipes section. They really are fantastic!
  • I recommend taking Metamucil every day while on Phase 1 to help keep things moving along, too, and don't forget your daily serving of beans.
  • Fiber Choice chewables keep me comfortable and I sometimes take more than the recommended 2 tablets/day, but I have problems if I'm not careful to drink a lot of water. You don't want lots of fiber unless you also have lots of water to keep things soft......

Hopefully you've been drinking lots of water today and are feeling much more comfortable tonight.
  • I am, thank you. Also out of curiousity will the lack of carbs make me crabby? I've been a real beyotch lately lol
  • Yes, it will. Take a gander and search the forums for SBD Flu. Or go to the FAQ section and it's a post it. I was uber crappy and cranky days 5-7!
  • Quote: I am, thank you. Also out of curiousity will the lack of carbs make me crabby? I've been a real beyotch lately lol
    However, my moodiness seemed to level out as my blood sugars stabilized. I didn't realize it, but my DH commented on the "possible" connection between my new way of eating and my moods. Although I won't totally admit it to him, I feel much happier without the ups and downs of sugar and simple carbs.