IP Chat - Week of March 8 - 14th

You're on Page 14 of 37
Go to
  • Couldn't wait to share! Weighed in today and lost 2.8 lbs for a total of 35 lbs since Jan 2!!

Did my measurements too and lost 10 inches this month! That brings the total to 25 inches of fat gone forever!!! Yippee!!!

• Quote: Thanks for the info MommySarah. Now I'm pondering my upcoming vacation. I plan on IP for breakfast and evening snack, and phase 2 for my meals. BUT. I also plan on drinking while I'm in Vegas. I know it will set me back on weight loss, but I don't want to damage my liver/kidneys. (Not that I'll be drinking enough to damage my liver, mind you...)
    Ok, we need one of our nurses to chime in here.

I have done low carb dieting off and on for 15 years. I would cheat and go back into ketosis all the time. My blood work shows that my liver and kidneys are fine. I totally went off plan in Vegas, had a wonderful time. I also drank alcohol while I was there and left my IP stuff at home. I figured it would be wasting money trying to do the plan part way. I did not gain any weight, I did not lose any weight. Stop and think how often you get to go to Vegas. IP is going to be around for a long time and possibly always a part of our lives. Have fun!
  • I'm excited, My local grocery store had fresh frozen tilapia, buy one get one free. I looked at the ingredients, the only thing was tilapia, and at 5.99 for a package that has three IP size servings. I roasted it in the oven with paprika & basil, and added roasted asparagus & zucchini using my olive oil, sea salt and a little pepper. Yummy. The neat thing is I had to eat two pieces of tilapia to get the full IP serving size, made me feel like I was eating a huge meal. Didn't even have lettuce tonight, no need for hunger reasons!!!!
  • Quote: Thank you for your condolences.

I don't see it in my legs. I see it on my wrist and ring finger.
    I don't get TOM. I spent 6 years on heavy duty fertility drugs and went straight into menopause at 45.
    I am having my blood work done in 2 weeks, but tomorrow I am seeing my Nutritionist who does Bio-Merdian Testing.
    Good luck with your Bio-Merdian tests and your blood tests.
  • Quote: Couldn't wait to share! Weighed in today and lost 2.8 lbs for a total of 35 lbs since Jan 2!!

Did my measurements too and lost 10 inches this month! That brings the total to 25 inches of fat gone forever!!! Yippee!!!

Congrats!!!! I'm jealous. I seem to be crawling along.
  • Great job everyone on your losses... I second the notion that to keep our sanity one must cheat every so often (Unless you are Jordanna who seems to be pretty awesome at staying cheat free) I love love love this site
  • Quote: Couldn't wait to share! Weighed in today and lost 2.8 lbs for a total of 35 lbs since Jan 2!!

Looks like you are doing great Kris! Keep up the good work and willpower!
  • Spry Gum
    Is anyone chewing the spry gum? It is allowable but it also has .72 gms of carbs. I can be a big gum addict and don't know if I really want to start chewing gum again but I sure miss it especially when I am at work.
  • Quote: Congrats!!!! I'm jealous. I seem to be crawling along.
    Chelle, my scale was crawling too. I bet once they get the water retention figured out you will see a good loss. It is amazing what the water weighs. I don't know if you saw my post about losing 7 lbs overnight last week when I took the 1st water pill.
  • Quote: Great job everyone on your losses... I second the notion that to keep our sanity one must cheat every so often (Unless you are Jordanna who seems to be pretty awesome at staying cheat free) I love love love this site
    Hee hee - I think I just have a LOT farther to go yet and if I start cheating now it's a very slippery slope
  • Quote: Chelle, my scale was crawling too. I bet once they get the water retention figured out you will see a good loss. It is amazing what the water weighs. I don't know if you saw my post about losing 7 lbs overnight last week when I took the 1st water pill.
    No, I missed your post, but that sure is encouraging. Once, a long time ago, I took a water pill and it made me dizzy

Woo-hoo! Congrats Mystical Mamma, you have come a long way and are inspirational to us newer members. Very cool!

Congrats Kris!! That's fantastic Keep up the amazing work!
  • Mystical mama!! Congrats girlie!! We are like twins...I too started jan 2 and have lost 35lbs and 22 inches! Go us (an everyone too of course)
  • Ok, so I've never listed a NSV before but I am going to tonight because I am SO excited! I was at church tonight and someone stopped me and asked if I was loosing weight? I said yes. She said that she was looking at me on Sunday and thought that I was but wasn't sure and wanted to ask. That is so awesome for me because she is the only person (outside of my hubby and parents) that have noticed! Yay me!!