IP Chat - Week of March 8 - 14th

You're on Page 10 of 37
Go to
  • to the ladies:

did any of your experience less weight loss the week before their TOM?
  • Quote: to the ladies:

The 1st month on plan I only lost 1.6 lbs and this month was after my Vegas trip so I did not go weigh. If you have not shown a loss, that could by why. Don't be upset about it, you will probably still lose inches and will still be burning fat.
  • ckanable - I use ketostix and usually only see a slight color change. It also depends how much water you have drank. Someone else said to test in the evening.

candylechat - One of the easiest, cheaper alternatives is the EAS carb control premade drinks. You can read about them and other things on the alternative thread.

Wyo Sky and Wyo Sun - I too am in Wyoming! I am in Green River.

I also spoke to my coach about the constipation issues and about some water retention in my legs. I also went to the doctor about the water retention. He does not think it is anything serious and wants me to take water pills for 4 -5 days. He did take blood to be sure and I should have the results today.
    For the constipation - My coach said I needed to be sure and take all 4 of the calcium/mag supplements. I had cut back to 2 and was having better luck but I will try it. Also I already take the enzymes and the citrate of magnesia when necessary. I have started drinking some warm salt water in the morning, seems to help.

For the water retention - My coach said I could take 2 of the potassium supplements a day. I was doing this initially until someone said it could be harmful. I don't feel so tired when I take 2 of the potassium supplements a day. She also sold me the anti-oxidants which have green tea and are supposed to help with the water retention. My doctor said that taking the extra potassium supplement will not build too much potassium in my system as long as my kidneys are functioning properly. I will know for sure today when I get my blood results.

Sorry for such a long post! I weighed in yesterday and even with the water retention I still lost 2.2 lbs so I was happy.
  • Quote: .
    The lemon pudding is really good frozen.
    I like the Leek and Chicken soup.
    YAY! Someone else likes the leek soup! Welcome to the boards, WyoSun!
  • Quote: to the ladies:

I was PMSing last weel (my first week on IP and lost 14 pnds) this week AF is visiting and Im only showing 1/2 pound down in days and I am drinking more water then I should. sigh..its frustrating but what can you do, we are women...

Have a great day!
    KimAnn

****Week 1 - 14 pounds- 60 to go to make my goal of being a smoking hot bride on Sept 18 ******
  • Quote: Just had my first WI and I lost 7.6# and 4 inches!! That has never happened before. I am so pumped. Congrats to all of you with good losses too. This does work.
    Congrats on the excellent results! That's the best motivator to stay on plan...
  • Well.....my scale is stuck!!! I know it is. It(I) has weighed the same since Friday. It has not moved!!! I said to DH this morning, "I think the scale is stuck". He says "Oh, no, I lost a pound, it isn't stuck". Right....I'm on the diet and he loses a pound. I know there are many out there who can relate to that!!!! I'm just hoping that when I weigh in tomorrow that coach's scale hasn't forgotten how to move.......sigh
  • Wish me luck - my wiegh-in is today! I hope I lost something. Have a good day everyone!
  • Quote: Rachel, I don't have any experience with it *yet*. I think it's important you don't beat yourself up about it though. Can't go back and un-do it. I'm glad you took the time to stop and think about it! You've had great results on IP, I know you'll reach your goal!

And speaking of cheats...my counselor told me today that if anyone in their clinic cheats twice, they will throw them out because those people aren't considered serious about their weight loss. WOWzers.
    So I guess people just shouldn't volunteer that information, huh? If that were my clinic, I'd tell them arrivederci, baby, even if I hadn't cheated! The nerve!
  • Good luck to everyone weighing in today! I know we all get so focused on the # on the scale changing, but keep in mind...if you've followed the program for a week your body is healthier because of it, just because the magic # on the scale may not move doesn't mean you haven't made progress.

On a happy note: my DH and I are back on the same page where his mom is concerned and I am beyond thankful he stood up for me. As another friend told me: He's stuck with her as his mom, he chose you to be his wife.

Have a great IP day!
  • Oh and yeah....If I cheat, I'm sure as HECK not telling my clinic.
  • Quote: What did you pay upfront? Is this common? I didn't pay anything to start....
    I paid $300 for the quick-start package, which included 42 sample packets (enough for 2 weeks), vitamin supplements for about a month, the shaker (which I don't use--too many nooks and crannies to wash later), an IP bag to carry it all in, and lifetime weigh-ins and diet support. Considering the cost of the packets and vitamins, I paid about $100 to get the diet support for life, if I want it. Actually, I haven't received anything for my $100, as far as I'm concerned. I've started weighing and measuring myself and emailing my clinic the results. I was supposed to have access to an on-line support site, and none of the passwords they've given me to try have worked. I finally quit asking about it. I can get all the support I need right here on this forum.
  • Quote: I'm going to get personal here so I hope I don't offend anyone. I am about 7 weeks into the program and have just started having some bowel issues...constipation to be exact. I actually had to use a suppository laxative on Friday to get things moving. Seemed okay after that, but it's starting again. I did take a stool softener last night after someone recommended it. I am eating plenty of lettuce and all of my veggies. Has anyone else had this same experience? Will the stool softener help with the bloated feeling or do I need a laxative? Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!
    I use miralax everyday to help with this problem. hope this helps
  • Quote: Hey all! It's been a while since I posted - lots of midterms this week but I need a break for a few minutes. Sounds like everyone is doing fabulously! Congrats on everyone's NSVs and weight loss this week. Keep up the good work!

Although I weigh myself on Sundays I've been checking more often because I am excited to get into the 160s and today the scale said 169! I am only 7lbs away from weighing less than my husband - so excited!!

I have a question - does anyone use ketostix? If so, what kind of readings do you usually get? My readings vary from "trace" to "moderate" levels of ketones.
    I've used them and they will say 'trace' and 'small' most of the time. I just makes me mad! I don't know what the deal is???
  • Quote: And speaking of cheats...my counselor told me today that if anyone in their clinic cheats twice, they will throw them out because those people aren't considered serious about their weight loss. WOWzers.

Quote: So I guess people just shouldn't volunteer that information, huh? If that were my clinic, I'd tell them arrivederci, baby, even if I hadn't cheated! The nerve!
    Bev, you are so cool!