It just hit me...like a ton of bricks! YAAY!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Ok--I think it just hit me. lol.

I was tired of pulling up my denim skirt (from falling down and flashing people)today so I said to my husband-"let's stop by lane bryant and pick up a new denim skirt for me"...then I realized that I probably didn't have to go to lane bryant...that was enough of an NSV.
    I walked into Old navy, and unfortunately they didn't have a size 20 (what I thought they carried and what I've been wearing in my other clothes). My husband encouraged me to try the 18 and I fought him on it saying there was no way. Well, there was a WAY! It FITS! IT ISN'T EVEN SNUG!!! IT'S PERFECT!!! A normal misses 18. I walked in a normal store and bought a relatively normal size. I didn't cry in the dressing room. I didn't have to go to lane bryant or go online. It's a mini skirt, too--and looks adorable with my uggs and leggings! <3

I think it just hit me that I've lost weight. lol.
    I know only you guys will understand--my husband looked at me like i was crazy when i screamed in the car! LOL.
  • What a great nsv! Enjoy it, you deserve it!
  • That just rocks!
  • That's SO awesome!!!!!!

I'm still in a 20 and SOME 18's from Old Navy. I love Old Navy clothes!

Way to go you!!!!
  • That is totally rocks! WTG
  • That is so awesome! Congrats! I have never shopped at Old Navy since I just assumed I couldn't fit in their clothes, but maybe I should have a looksee.

I haven't had to shop at Lane Bryant for months now though, I've been going to places like Ross and TJ Maxx. They have totally spoiled me for spending money on clothes and I am SO HAPPY that I will never have to pay exorbitant prices for oversized clothes from LB AGAIN!

Happy Dance for us!
  • Yay!

A.
  • That is just absolutely the best!!!!
  • Congrats!!!
  • What a great NSV. Congratulations.
  • Congrats! I just started wearing Old Navy 18's and it's a pretty great feeling!
  • I love Old Navy
  • That is super cool! YAY! That is an awesome victory. Thank you for posting that! It will only get better. Before you know it you will be shopping at Charlotte Russe or Forever 21--lol--it beats Forever 40--aka Lane Bryant! Hehe.
  • WHOO HOO!!!
  • That just made me tear up. Congrats!!!!!