Newest Favorite Food to EAT??

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hey Everyone

I tend to be a mono eater.....I can eat the same thing everyday, so I was wondering, what is your NEW favorite item to eat (that is on plan)

Thanks for sharing, I need some ideas!
  • Guacamole tacos (avocado, onion, tomato, very little salt and pepper) on a corn tortilla (heated on a pan sprayed with Pam) topped with lettuce and slices of tomatoes.
  • This is going to sound crazy...CABBAGE! I have been adding it to everything! The other day I even put it flatbread with a laughing cow wedge. The other night I stir fried it with onions, soy sauce and brown rice...I thought it was to die for! There are tons'o cabbage recipes...I also use the broccoli slaw too that has carrots, cabbage & broccoli. YUMMY
  • zucchini! I have a love affair with zucchini. I used to hate it, but one day shortly into this journey, while grocery shopping I suddenly wanted some. My husband looked at me like I was crazy, but we got some. Now I will eat zucchini any way you give it to me, except the battered and deep fried stuff, now why would you go and ruin perfectly good zucchini, grrr. I used to tell hubby I loved him more than chocolate, now I tell him I love him more than zucchini.
  • Summerblue, I am so glad to meet another mono eater! I don't need much variety in my food and my plan got so much easier when I quit trying. The items that I repeat often are
    chicken,
    Eggbeaters,
    Green Giant Simply Steam Green Beans And Almonds (love them!)
    Clementines
    Hunts sugar free pudding
    sugar free Jello
    steamed broccoli
  • my new to me favorite item is morningstar breakfast patties (but not the "touch of maple" ones they are yuck!). I also discovered something I used to hate I now love - my dad used to cut a circle in a slice of bread and cook up an egg in the middle. Of course he used white bread and butter to fry it in... but it works just as well with whole grain in a non-stick pan!

out of the blue we decided we wanted to try a fresh pineapple and omg it is amazing. i never knew it was so delicious- only ever had it from a can. what a lie!! i grilled some up in a grill pan and it was an amazing dessert.
  • pineapple, cantaloupe, egg whites, oranges, (salt free) almonds, natural ovens breads, laughing cow, raspberries, fiber one yogurt, onions, red peppers... the list goes on

I would love to taking a cooking class now!
  • My newest thing is Star fruit
  • lizziep - OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE grilled pineapple. I use my foreman grill and sometimes I put a little grated ginger on them first. If you want some real decadence, add some vanilla yogurt when they are finished. Yummy! Dang, now I have to get a pineapple.

I have also had grapefruit go from the hate list to the love list and apples go from hate to like.
  • Quote: My newest thing is Star fruit
    I saw those in the store, but I wasn't sure how to eat them. I never got around to googling them. They are good, huh?

My staple is steel cut oatmeal for breakfast and apples slices with peanut butter for a snack.
  • I bought Laughing Cow 35 calorie light swiss wedges last week and OMGOSH! I love them! I spread a wedge out on 10 Wheat Thins and have a great snack for around 100 calories. They also go really well with fruit.
  • I also love laughing cow cheese!! The herb and garlic is the best. I also like the caramel rice cakes (mini), bananas, beef tips, tuna in a wheat wrap, strawberries, yogurt and granola, mixed nuts and beef jerky. I try to get as much variety as I can. If I get bored, I will give up.

What does a star fruit taste like?
  • Hi...here's a thread from way back when with many ideas.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...your-plan.html
  • It kind of tastes like a mix of apple, pear and a hint of citrus? lol I like it

http://thaifood.about.com/od/introto...fruithowto.htm
  • baked yam, skin removed, mashed with white pepper, salt, and butter-flavored spray.