Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #241  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm heading out for my one-mile walk. It's only 45 out, so I'll be wearing a jacket. At least the sun is out.

Annie, did you get your walk in?
Old 03-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #242  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Not yet Chelle, waiting on Nell to get out of her 1:00 meeting, probably go at 2:30 or so (EST).
Old 03-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #243  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

well... I was planning on checking you out at lunch time but got called into an impromptu meeting. So much for that. Not sure if DH and I are going to a town meeting tonight - we should but he did not sleep well and is really tired.

Michelle - thanks for the advice on the shoe. You are sooooo right. I put my Reebok on today - a wide roomy shoe and it did feel like I stuffed it in. Within an hour I had it off and made an homemade foot warmer out of hot water and an old Dasani bottle. Don't use water right out of the hot water tap spigot as it will melt the bottle Think of the dioxins in that water!!!!

My avatar is blooms from the Dogwood Tree. Got a white one in our backyard which will be blooming in another month or so. The pink ones are really the prettiest. Flowering trees are popping up all over here. Soon the sniffliing and sneezing will begin in earnest. Buy stock in Kleenex now!

Hope you guys are enjoying your walks in the nice weather. And if it's 45 degrees and you are out walking you deserve a special pat on the back!

I have to get ready for my 1:30 meeting. See yahs.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #244  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - So sorry your foot didn't like being in a regular shoe. Just curious why you used a hot water bottle and not ice to reduce the swelling? Oh well, whatever works. DH and I love Dogwood trees, but we've never seen pink ones. We just planted a white one in our front yard - it's hard to find any variety that looks like a true Dogwood and is cold hardy enough for up here. I hope ours blooms this year. I know 45 sounds cold, but there was no wind and with the bright sunshine, I didn't even need a jacket on my walk (though I brought one just in case). I hope you choose to relax and rest your foot tonight.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #245  
Annie - Indiana

AAAAaaahhhhhhh, just got back from the walk. It was a bit nippy out there, but wore my fleece jacket that wraps around me twice..it is my old jacket from when I weighed 306. It is probably the only thing I have left from the real "fat" days, as opposed to my "fat" days now. The sun was shining however a bit windy. Enjoyable.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #246  
Annie - Indiana

and my froat is scratchy.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #247  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CAN YOU FIND THE KITTY???

HOPE THIS ISN'T TOO BIG WHEN I POST IT. THE BLDG IS SO QUIET YOU CAN HEAR THE NOTHING!!!! I AM LOVING THE SILENCE. I THINK ALL THE SENIORS ARE ASLEEP. JEN SAYS THE HALLS ARE EMPTY!!! THIS AFTERNOON IT IS FINALLY DRYING UP A BIT. N.J. IS GETTING READY TO HAVE AN ARK BUILDING CONTEST THIS WEEKEND IF IT DOESN'T. I BETTER GOOGLE A CUBIT. OR FIND SOME WATER WINGS FOR MY CHAIRS!

HAPPY....MAYBE A NICE SANDAL FROM QVC WHERE IT FITS THE FOOT ON THE BOTTOM AND IS SUEDE ON TOP? I FORGET THEIR NAMES. JEN LOVES THEM. I AM SORRY YOU CANNOT FIND SOMETHING COMFY....WHEN YOU COME HERE YOU CAN GO BAREFOOT OR SLIPPER SOCKS!!!

ANNIE....NO CRADLE ROBBING EITHER....NO MATTER WHAT COLOR THEY ARE....THEY ARE JAIL BAIT!
YOU BETTER FIND SOMETHING TO EAT IN THOSE 15 MINUTES...YOU KNOW IT'S NOT GOOD TO KEEP MISSING MEALS

MICHELLE.....LOTS OF ZUMBA MIGHT BE GOOD TO CLEAR THE HEAD YOU CAN SHAKE OUT ALL THOSE WORKING THOUGHTS!!

TO LAURA & CEEJAY AND SHAD.

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-23-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #248  
Annie - Indiana

MELLIE...I thought they were only jail bait if they were UNDER 21...lol
Old 03-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #249  

I'm back to get my pat on the back from Happy - I walked at lunchtime today. Not too far, but I walked. Of course I would know how far if I remembered to bring my pedometer with me... It's sunny, but chilly down here by the lake, and a bit breezy. And with all these tall buildings, there's a lot of shade, so it was cool - had the gloves on. But it's definitely better than subzero wind chill factors!!

Shad - Sounds sad to see those fire-ravaged areas. But the garden show had a display sponsored by a company that restores land that's become overgrown with non-native plant/tree species, and it uses controlled fires to do it. Our forest preserve people do it too. It does occur on it's own in nature, but it's sad when populated areas - animals and humans are victims. L

Mel - Thanks for the nap, I need another! Sure, you can have the Easter Egg roll on my lawn, but just watch out for those lawn sausages (courtesy of my boy Coal). Eeew.

Annie - Good job w/ the walking. For not being that far away, Indy weather seems a lot milder than Chicago weather. I think I just have to get away from the lake...

Michelle - Good job to you for walking as well! And you're certainly keeping busy w/ the Zumba classes. We eat tacos enough at home for me to resist the urge to stop at Taco Bell, but the temptation is still there! BTW, I heated the last bit of that chicken/bean recipe in a soft tortilla the other day and it was delicious! I put boneless/skinless chicken thighs on the shopping list so I can make another batch of that!

Ceejay - Good idea for you and Annie to do that 30 day shred together! Hold each other to it! I do have allergies, and they will be kicking in more than usual once stuff starts growing around here. I need to make sure I have enough eye drops, since my usual meds don't help the watery/itchy eyes. They're a pain to use since I have to put the drops in and then wait about 10 min. before I put my contact lenses in - kind of goofs up my whole morning routine because I have to put my contacts in before starting up w/ the face, hand and body lotions!

Happy - I hope the swelling goes down so you can get back to regular footwear. I hope your car appt doesn't turn into something expensive!

My upper body was so sore yesterday. Ugh. I walked home from the train station, then went w/ dh & doggy for a walk. At one point tripped over doggy's rear paw and strained my right hamstring, the usual troublemaker. Came home and did part of MR's Sculpture dvd lower body workout - I did calves, quads and inner/outer thighs and skipped glutes, hamstrings & abs. My legs were tired! Watched Dancing w/ the Stars and Castle.

Tonight's selected movie is Green Zone w/ Matt Damon (my 2nd choice). My 1st choice was Alice in Wonderland. I'm not sure I'm up for another war movie (after watching Hurt Locker on Sat.), so I might skip tonight. I've been waking up w/ sore throats for the past few days, so I just better try and get enough rest and movie nights usually mean I don't get to bed at a reasonable time... Yeh, I'll skip it. I'll do a dog walk and the rest of that MR lower body workout.

Okay, back to work. Have a good rest of the day!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It has turned out to be a gorgeous day.

Mel
If I'm seeing correctly the kitten is hanging on for dear life on the arm. Here's hoping the seniors will continue to be calm so you can enjoy your peac and quite.

Laura and Michelle
You two are doing good and getting your walks in during the day.

Laura
I'd like to see Alice in Wonderland.

Annie
Thursday's would be a good time for me to do the Shred. I'll have to hook up my dvd player.

Happy
Try to get a good night's sleep tonight. And keep your foot propped up as much as possible.

Shad
When do you get to go home this week?

Got sick last night right before going to bed with an episode of collitis. The only thing that could have set this one off is the dried fruit. I looked on line this mornig for low residue things that I can eat. I'm starving as the only thing solid I've had to eat is crackers. I probably should be on a liquid diet for 3 to 5 day's. I have a couple of ulcers on my colon. I almost decided to skip work today.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:04 AM   #251  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Supposed to be a pretty day outside - will have to try and get out and get a few minutes of sunshine.

Ceejay - hope you feel better today. Didn't realize that dried fruit could bother you. Sometimes the insides are so sensitive.

Laura - I would love to see Alice in Wonderland. The costumes and make up look amazing. Pat on the back to you for going out and taking a walk at lunch!

Mel - sending you some gentle breezes and nice warm sunshine to dry you out. No fun shopping in the rain.

Michelle - I used a warm bottle on my foot because at first it made it feel better. Did a warm soak last night too but it didn't do any good. I hate ice - I get cold so easily but I have to say, since the heat did no good, you are probably right about the ice instead. Thanks for the tip. Did you Zumba last night?

Annie - I hope you feel better too. Sounds like you are getting a bit run down. Don't forget to take care of yourself first, 'k?

Shad - that sounds so sad about the Sanctuary. However Mother Nature is resilliant although I have seen patches of woodlands scarred by fire - though not as bad as you describe and it is a very troubling site. Are things winding down nicely this week or are you going loony tunes?

That's all I have to say for now. Gotta get out of here and into the office. Everyone have a good hump day - don't forget to put out the trash
Old 03-24-2010, 09:13 AM   #252  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy mid-week ladies -

Last night, I did 15 minutes of the treadmill and 1/2 hour Zumba class. Tonight, I have website work to do - changes to the one I worked on over the weekend, but I'm hoping to get it done and then get to the gym. I'm also planning on walking at lunch time. No walking tomorrow as it's going to get cold again.

I just found out that DH has to work both days this weekend. I'm a little bummed about it, but I'll find stuff to do to keep me busy: Website work, grocery shopping, cleaning and laundry...but there will also be time for fun stuff like Zumba on Saturday, and playing (or napping) with the doggies. He also has to work on Good Friday. My company is giving us Good Friday afternoon off, and I took the morning off as vacation. I might still take the time off...and just have a "me" day (or do the same stuff as listed above - website, cleaning, groceries, laundry, Zumba and play with doggies).

Annie - I hope your throat is feeling better now. Maybe it's the pollen in the air? Don't let yourself get sick now.

Mel - Hopefully you'll get to see some sun today. I thought Jail Bait was 18 or under? Seriously though...if I'm old enough to be his mama, I ain't interested. This chick is no cougar! Zumba is a great stress reliever and a good way to shake all the worrysome thoughts out of my head.

Laura - Good for you for walking! A big pat on the back for you! Seems like it's always cold, shady and windy in Chicago around all those tall buildings. In your backyard, you call 'em lawn sausages, I call 'em land mines. You sure had lots of aches. My doggies tend to put their paws where I can either step on them, trip on them or seriously hurt myself to avoid hurting them. Good for you for doing some lower body sculpting. I DVR'ed Dancing with the Stars, but I haven't watched it yet - and I missed the first half-hour cuz I forgot to schedule it and I didn't get home from the gym until after it had started. How did Buzz Aldrin do? I would expect Chad OchoCinco to do pretty well. I REALLY want to see Alice in Wonderland too. Too bad we don't live closer or we could go together.

Ceejay - So glad you're having nice weather finally. Sorry to hear you're sick with colitis - maybe you should've skipped work until things calm down. As for the kitten, I think it's hanging onto the arse, not the arm.

Happy - You should definitely get out and enjoy the sunshine, even if you have to find a place to sit rather than walk. As for Alice in Wonderland...wouldn't it be great if you, Laura and I (and any other chicks) could find somewhere to meet and go see it together?! Warmth/heat will increase blood flow, but it also tends to increase swelling. Ice, on the other hand, reduces swelling and reduces pain. Most people hate ice, but Rest-Ice-Compression-Elevation (R.I.C.E) is often the best treatment for foot pain. Yes, I Zumba'ed last night and may again tonight...if I can get the website files fixed in time.

Shad - I hope you have smooth sailing for the rest of the time on the project and getting everything ready to go home...and then, of course, safe travels back home.

Back to work for me....I'll check in later.

Love and hugs,
Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #253  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD WEDNESDAY MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD.
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL MIDWEEK DAY!
THE SUN IS OUT A BIT BUT THE WIND IS UNREAL. I MIGHT GO SHOPPING TOMORROW FOR FOOD IF I FEEL GOOD. OTHERWISE THE KIDS HAVE THE LIST ALREADY.
RICHIE WAS FORCED TO TAKE MORE MONEY OUT OF HIS RETIREMENT PKG TO PAY BILLS ETC. BY THE TIME HE DOES RETIRE THERE WON'T BE ANY LEFT! EVEN WITH THE PART-TIME NIGHT WORK AND UNEMPLOYMENT, IT JUST WASN'T ENOUGH. PRAYING FOR HIS PLACE TO RE-OPEN THIS MONTH.
WE HAVE A LEAK AND I FOUND IT ABOUT 7AM. ONE OF THE HOT WATER BOILERS. THE PLUMBER JUST ARRIVED A LITTLE BIT AGO AND I CAME BACK UP. ALARMS, FIRE TRUCKS, MEN AND EVERYTHING. THE WHOLE 9 YARDS GOD THEY ARE CUTE!! I SHOULD HAVE SAVED ONE FOR ANNIE!!! YOU COULD HAVE HAD YOUR PICK TODAY ANNIE....I'D SAY THEY WERE FROM 28-50. LOTS TO PICK FROM AND 4 ENGINES!!!
OK I AM OUTTA HERE AND GET SOME FOOD

LAURA...OK, THEN FOR EASTER WE'LL SKIP YOUR LAWN THEN !! NOT INTO BROWN EGGS HERE'S A HUG FOR THE WALK GOD JOB!!

ANNIE...THESE GUYS WERE HOT. IT WAS ALMOST TOO MUCH FOR ME THAT EARLY IN THE MORNING AND I DIDN'T HAVE ANY HOT WATER FOR A SHOWER.

CEEJAY....HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. EAT LIGHTLY AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF. TOO BAD YOU HAD TO WORK.

HAPPY....THE SUN AND BREEZES ARRIVED!! THANKS. NOW IF YOU COULD SEND A BIT OF HEAT...I'D BE ALL SET! HAVE A GOOD WEEK!

MICHELLE...YOU'RE TURNING INTO A REGULAR MRS JACK LA LANNE(SP) MAYBE YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN DVD'S AND BECOME A MILLIONAIREESS!! THE QUEEN OF EXERCISING HAS RETURNED!! TOO BAD ABOUT DH THIS WEEKEND. HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #254  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Chickies of the World..

Yes indeed, a humping day with trash services. Um...I hate to even say this but....eCVS has struck again. We will see. It is getting to be a joke and kind of fun. At least he drives a really awesome 4-wheel drive truck..lol

MELLIE..Wowser..on the men.. I will take a 43-45 yr old dark haired w/goateed cutie please. YUM

Happy...it is supposed to be a pretty day here today. 65 and sunny however still waiting on the sun to come out. I put the trash out last night between jobs for today's pick up. All done.

Ceejay...Shouldn't we do Jillian more than just Thursdays or are you just saying you can start that day also? Hope you are feeling better by now.

Laura...good job on walking. Amazing what a few miles further south can do for the weather. I would of gone to see Alice in Wonderland, especially since I have already seen it and it was good. Wink.

Chelle...I am sure your weekend will not be boring as you ALWAYS find something to do. Maybe extra exercising or just taking a hot candle lit bubbly with a glass of wine, a little YOU time. Even if only 30 minutes, do it. Not only are you exercise queen, now you also hold the Zumba queen title. You are truly amazing. Don't think cause DH is working that no one is watching you, I can see you so don't cheat on food. My kids still swear I have eyes in the back of my head.

Shaddie..all packed? ready to go home? where is your next gig?

Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Love and hugs,
Old 03-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #255  

Hi everyone!

Annie - another eCVS date? Who knows, you might find a nice guy if you kiss enough frogs, so to speak.

Mel - So it went from very quiet yesterday to all kinds of excitement this morning? You knew it wouldn't last!

Michelle - I don't mind having a weekend to myself every once in a while - get some nice me time. Hope you can get to the gym tonight. On DWTS, Buzz & his partner had the lowest score. He's not much of a dancer, but it's great to see an 80-year old out there. I hope he inspires others to try dancing! I missed the first hour, so I didn't see Ochocinco dance.

Happy - I love that pink dogwood avatar. Very pretty. Hope you get out and enjoy the sun today. It does feel good, doesn't it?

Ceejay - I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Shad - hope all is going well in the home stretch of your assignment.

I didn't go w/ bf and doggy for a walk after work yesterday. I finished the rest of the lower body workout and that was it. Then I watched tv and read a bit. Bit of a ho hum night. Tonight I'll walk doggy if it's not raining. I'll exercise again, since last night was limited to glutes, hamstrings and abs. I have the pedometer today! I'm at 3108 steps or 1.47 miles so far today. Not sure how much I'll walk at lunch, if at all.

Okay, I'm outta here! Have a great rest of the day everyone!
Closed Thread