The Worldlies March On Over to Mel's for Margaritas...

You're on Page 13 of 22
Go to
  • Ceejay - Enjoy your "weekend". It's only about two thirds of a mile between home and the train station. I know I said "all the way home from the train" in my post like it was some huge distance, but all winter bf was picking me up at about the halfway point, so I was just making that distinction between walking halfway home or all the way. Another beautiful day and he picked me up again! He said he did that so that we could walk the dog together when we got home, LOL.

Good night!
  • Good morning ladies,

No time to post. The house painter is coming early and I have to get out of the house before he blocks me into the driveway. I hope to get on at lunch and catch up with you.

Happy Day after hump day and "tweener" of St. Patrick's and St. Joseph's.
  • Awww and I heard on the radio this morning that Sandra Bullock moved out of her house because her hubby was banging some tatoo skank on the side. I feel so badly for her - she seems like such a nice, down to earth person.

• GOOD MORNING CHICKS. HAPPY THURSDAY.
    I AM FEELING BETTER BUT NOT STRONGENOUGH TO SIT HER FOR LONG. SOME KIND OF INTESTINAL BUG FOR REAL THIS TIME. WENT TO BED AT 8PM AND WOKE AT 7 AM. GOOD SLEEP WITH JUST A FEW INTERRUPTIONS.
    HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY. I WILL THINK OF YOU WHILE I AM ---->

MAYBE I CAN DO PERSONALS LATER
  • Happy THursday Morning...what a glorious day....man oh man, ALL the birds were singing this morning, the sun was rising, so did not want to walk into the building this morning. High 70, yessireee!!

I am happy to report that CVS was uneventful, not even one good looking or interesting man to converse with. lol

Ceejay..enjoy your two days off. Relax by the pool. lol

Happy...be safe driving to work...

Everyone have a marvy day, will check in later.

Love and hugs,
  • Happy Thursday ladies -

I was going to go to the gym last night to do some cardio, but after I got home and dealt with a painter who came to give an estimate, and then got a little website work done, it was past time for class. I did a bit of the Wii Fit though, and I walked at lunch because it was so beautiful out. I'm planning on walking again today. Yay! Tonight is strength training and Zumba, followed by a meeting with my coach and then pet sitting. Tomorrow night is one hour of advanced Zumba and then pet sitting.

Annie - Hope you didn't hurt yourself as you fell out of your chair laughing. I'm glad your boss agrees with me. I'm happy to hear that eCVS was "off" last night.

Ceejay - Enjoy your two days off, despite your mandatory meeting today. As for the "s" word, the initial estimate was for 7" on Saturday night, now they're saying 1". I sure hope they are correct now...DH and I would rather not have any snow at all...but we'll take 1" instead of 7" if we have a choice, which of course we don't.

Laura - So nice that you live close enough to walk to the train station!!

Happy - Are you getting your house painted too? Interior or Exterior? That sucks for Sandra Bullock. I thought Jesse James loved her. He even shed some tears at her Oscar acceptance speech. What an idiot to wreck his marriage to her.

Mel - Sorry that you have an intestinal bug. Good the you were able to rest last night. I hope you feel better soon.

Shad - I hope things are going well and not too busy as you're wrapping things up.

Patty - Is it springtime in Dallas yet?

I'll check in later, chickies.

Luvya,
  • Good Morning everyone.

Mel - Feel better soon!

Annie - Glad things were calm at CVS last night.

Happy - Roofing and now painting? My wallet hurts just thinking about that! Feel bad for Sandra Bullock. I just checked out a story about the split - the mistress sounds like a sleaze, and the husband too.

Michelle - Enjoy your walk at lunch. I think I'll take one too. I just wish there were someplace quiet to walk to! That's what I get for working downtown.

Hi Shad, hi Ceejay!

Hope everyone gets to enjoy nice weather today. Yesterday at work was okay. I guess the week is getting a bit better, but it would be really nice if it were Friday. I have one meeting today, a safety meeting being held by our building. Tonight I'll exercise. Last night I did a 30 min. Body Electric show, tonight I might do another Margaret Richard workout dvd I have titled Sculpture. It's 50 min. Haven't done it in a while. And I need to do another load of laundry.

Okay, back to work.
  • I love Sandra Bullock, I just hate that for her. Some men are scum...like my ex.
  • Back again munching on lunch,

I have been pretty good about bringing my lunch all this week now that I'm back to work I do admit to buying soup in the cafeteria but have been eating the rest out of my lunch bag. Pepperidge Farm came out with these deli rounds - looks like a hamburger bun smashes to within an inch of it's life but hey, only 1 WW point. I also found some sweet mustard for only 10 calories which is way better (calorie wise) than my favorite mayo. Have added a slice of romaine lettuce to moisten things up and a slice of cheese and meat. Had some rare roast beef yesterday and turkey today. Yummo. I had frozen (although I heated them before I ate them :P ) WW meals earlier this week. I've been good - carefully planned and watched my points and my weight is up 2 pounds from Sunday. NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED.

Yes indeedy we are getting the outside of the house painted. Sort of. I have a tudor style house - brick on the first level and the 2nd floor is actually panels with the criss cross wood in the tudor style. We thought we needed the house painted but one of the guys who gave us an estimate said we really just need a power wash on the panels and a paint and fix up on the wood trim. So while this is another big punch to the wallet - it's not as bad as it could be. The squirrels are really destructive down here - they gnaw on everything and cause alot of house damage. DH is about to start shooting them. We are fortunate, even though DH is still out of work with no real prospects in sight right now, he did get the last of a small inheritance from his father's estate. It is paying for this house work - roof, painting and bathroom renovations - which we otherwise could not have afforded. I would have liked to put the money into savings instead, particularly since most people down this way do not maintain their houses, but DH was right in that we need to do it for ourselves and resales value. It is quite a lump of money though

Side comment - I really hate the sound of people chewing gum. Particularly when they chew with their mouth open and snap their gum. Think there's anyone around me doing that right now? I also think I smell gas - like natural gas. Hope I don't blow up before I can post this.

Laura - when I worked downtown at Michigan Ave and Randolph, we would walk over to the lakefront or in the park to get away from the crowds. I haven't been downtown since they built Millenium Park so I don't know if walking there is an option anymore or if it's just as crowded as the streets are. At least there's no clothing stores or shopping in the park

Michelle - sounds like the painting is out of the question for you. Maybe power wash is an option? Did I understand you correctly - paint the siding? I assume it's not aluminum then. DH wanted to paint the exterior brick (people down here like to paint the outside brick and the inside wood panelling ) but like you said, when you opt to paint, you have to consider future maintenance and it sounds like you guys are set for a long time in your house. Hope you find something affordable I also hope the snow bypasses you completely. It really gets hard to handle this time of year although you know it won't last long. I hear you're getting some teaser weather too.

Oh man, all of a sudden I got hit with a wave of sleepiness. Must be the tryptophan in the turkey sandwich I just ate My kingdom for a nap couch please

Annie - hope you snuck out and enjoyed a few minutes of that 70 degree sunshiney day. Of course that means you have to fight the hookey monster and come back in I dunno girl, I think your chances of finding a good guy are about as remote as me finding a friend down here. I guess we both just have to keep digging away. Or we should get rescue dogs Hope Dad is out of the hospital and settled in at the bro's for the short term.

Mel - sending you some ginger ale for your tummy Lots of bugs going around here too - I think it's the spring settle down thing. Hope you feel better soon - take it easy on your tummy.

Ceejay - hope the meeting was worth the trip to Paragould. You seem to put alot of miles on the car.

Lunch is over, I'm still sleepy and I still smell gas. I think I'll go outside for a few minutes. Hmm 64 degrees and sunny. That looks nice. Bye guys
  • CEEJAY....HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR "WEEKEND". WHAT'S ON THE AGENDA??? HOPE THE MEETINGWAS SHORT.

ANNIE...MAYBE "UNEVENTFUL" AT CVS IS A GOOD THING HOW'S MOM & POP??

MICHELLE.....YOU'VE BEEN BUSY WITH THE EXERCISE. HAVE YOU DECIDED ON A NEW CHALLENGE AND IS IT FOR THIS MONTH OR APRIL?? I GOT LOST. I HOPE YOU CAN GET A REASONABLE PRICE FOR THE PAINTING AND GET IT ALL DONE.

HAPPY....I CAN'T GET OVER THE 2 LBS. WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?? MAYBE HIDDEN SALT IN THE SOUPS?? GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK. GLAD YOU JUST NEED A POWER WASH AND TOUCH-UPS. BUT I HATE TO THINK OF THE COSTS!

LAURA.... THAT WALK IS A NICE STRETCH BUT NOT SO GOOD IN THE WINTER UNLESS YOU WANT TO SKI! HOW'S THE BOOK???

SHAD...I FORGET NOW IF YOU POSTED ANYTHING...SO I AM JUST SENDING A HUG

JUST STOPPED IN TO TRY AND CATCH UP. TOOK A NAP AND FEEL A LOT BETTER. JUST WEAKISH. STAYED INSIDE TODAY. LOOKS LIKE THE WEEKEND IS BRINGING COLD TEMPS AND MORE RAIN. GEE...JUST WHAT WE NEEDED! BUT BETTER THAN SHELLEY'S SNOW!!!HAVE A GREAT NIGHT
  • Good afternoon chiquitas -

My Weight Watchers weigh in was uneventful. I stayed exactly the same weight. But I guess that's better than gaining. I was going to walk at lunch today, until I heard everyone coming in saying that it was super windy and kind of chilly. I'm doing strength training and Zumba tonight, and I can always do a bit of Wii Fit if I want to.

Happy - I really like the deli rounds. They're quite yummy. They're a tad more expensive than a loaf of bread though...so I just get my Healthy Life 35 cal. per slice Whole Wheat Bread. Like you, I have switched from mayo to honey mustard. The only time I have mayo is in occasional tuna salad or egg salad, and it is rare that I eat those. Sorry to hear about your weight being up. If you've been tracking your points, I'm sure it's just a fluke. So nice that your painting estimate turned into mostly power washing! We have lots of mold/mildew on the paint from the dampness around here, so that's gotta get cleaned up. And the squirrels don't cause damage to our house, but carpenter ants and woodpeckers sure have. You can hear my gum chewing all the way down in Memphis...no, wait, I don't snap my gum, so it's gotta be someone else. DH and I haven't decided about whether or not to paint the aluminum siding. It does extend the life of it...but the paint only lasts about 5 years. The painter I liked best is on vacay and back tomorrow...so I'll call him and ask him if he thinks we could get by with washing our siding rather than painting. As long as he can match the paint color to the siding, I'd be okay with it, as the siding is in good shape - just needs a little caulking. I've read that pressure washing siding is not the best for it...better to wash it with warm water, mild soap (like laundry detergent) and a soft scrub brush, and then rinse on low pressure...otherwise you can risk taking the finish off the siding. I hope you don't have a natural gas leak at work. Did you ask others if they smell it? I hope it's the turkey and not the gas making you sleepy.

Well, gotta get back to work.
  • Mel - You snuck in! I'm so glad you're feeling better! Since you're still weak, just rest the remainder of the day, and this weekend too since the weather will be nasty. I hope, like you, we get rain instead of snow. I don't decide on my challenges, Annie does! Thanks for your good wishes about the painting. I'll know more by the weekend after I clarify a couple things with the painter who has come highly recommended but his bid was a little higher than some.
  • Good afternoon chickies....just got back from a 35 minute walk. It is so nice outside, and yes Happy, I had to fight the hookey monster. Not too mention Nell was with me saying "let's call it a day". So tempting. Gum snappers drive me nuts, especially when there is no getting away from them. Keep up the good work on WW, you will have a loss next week and it will be a good one. I will send my son down when he gets home from bootcamp..he loves shooting things.

Chelle...you have done remarkable with WW and exercise, staying the same is good. You should be proud of yourself. We ran into a girl walking her boxer. He was so pretty, looked like brown and white velvet, his name was Luke. He also slobbered on my pants. lol

MELLIE...you should go to my brother's and recoup with my dad. I am sure you two would be quite entertaining to each other.

Shaddie...what up my chickie?

Hey Ceejay!

Gotta get, may cut out early due to weather conditions...Sunny and warm!!

Love and Hugs
  • Chelle....here is your challenge...It will go thru to June 20th, the first day of summer. This will be your "Dog Days of Summer" challenge. That is 13 weeks. Since you are already the exercise queen, we will keep you exercising the same...however, we will add for all the nice, warm, sunny days a walk to the day...I will be watching your weather on weather.com to make sure you get to walkin...wink wink. Then start WI will be today's weight...218.2<--correct? Pounds wise let's say 199 as the goal. Onederland!! Also with this challenge will be lower your sugar intake and lower carb intake. This will help you get to onderland. More fruits and veggies.

How does all this sound....am I being too tough, man can I preach a great story.

Any other chickies want to jump on the challenge? If so, let me know, I will harrass you too!

Goodluck and I know you can do this Chelle...you just have to stay focused and call me when you have a weak moment. I want this so badly for you. You have put so much effort into it, you deserve it.

Loves and Hugs
  • My goodness...I just heard someone yell from the breakroom. "GET IT OUT OF HERE", so I go into to see what kind of trouble someone is having, ha, the TV is on the basketball tourney and he was yelling at the TV. You have never seen anything like March Madness in Indiana. We hoosier hicks are all about basketball.