? about soup calories

• I had soup for lunch(which didn't sit well on my tummy)& I drained a good bit of liquid out of it,after I ate just the "good stuff" in it I still had about a cup or more of the liquid left.Do I use the calories thats list on the can or do I subtract some for not eating the liquid?
    Didn't do too bad today,just ate a good many crackers & drank a little dt. Coke cuz my tummy was really upset,think it was the soup
  • It depends on what the liquid was, but broth is very low calorie: a cup contains under 40 calories, according to Fitday. Three to four saltines have the same number.

Do you mean that soup and crackers is all you ate? That's not enough nutrition.
  • I wouldn't bother, as the previous poster said the broth has very little cals.
  • Plus, vitamins and minerals are leached into the liquid of the soup, so if you dump the liquid, they go down the drain, too!

[I just love this carrot!]
  • Quote:
    Do you mean that soup and crackers is all you ate? That's not enough nutrition.
    that was lunch,I ate whole grain toast for breakfast & fresh juice(have a jack lalane(?)juicer...it's wonderfull)
  • Actually, BECAUSE broth is so filling, it is a great way to get that satisfied feeling w/o too many extra calories. I make a lot of homemade soups, and honestly the broth is the best part!
  • I have to say that I'm not a big fan of soup anyway,just thought it'd be a low calorie,easy lunch.
    I have really odd hours & long so I try to find plenty of low cal stuff to pack for work.I have to get up @ 4am one day,3am two days & 6am the others.I go bed around 9:30/10 most nights.
    I'm still experimenting with my calories,spreading them out amoung the long hours.
  • It's interesting that everyone's digestive systems and preferences are different. Usually when I have an upset stomach, it's the broth that is appealing and the "chunks" that turn me off.

I'm not saying it couldn't be the soup that caused your tummy upset, but for me it would have been the crackers. When I eat simple carbohydrates like sugar or flour-made items like crackers, without a fair amount of protein, I get an upset stomach, or a just-not-feeling-right-feeling in my stomach, and in general will just feel blech.
  • [QUOTE=kaplods;3167275 When I eat simple carbohydrates like sugar or flour-made items like crackers, without a fair amount of protein, I get an upset stomach, or a just-not-feeling-right-feeling in my stomach, and in general will just feel blech.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that when I eat biscuits(which I don't much anymore)
    I ate the crackers after my upset tummy though,could've just been a bug or something,alot of people at work have had a stomach virus.
    I really appreciate all the support & advice here.