Made it to healthy BMI

• Very very happy today - weight down to just under 136 pounds - and BMI down to 24.87 - so have at last made it to healthy BMI!! Now down 51 pounds from when I separated in July 2008, and 34 pounds from when I actively started a weight loss programme on 1 August 2009. My BMI then was just over 31 so was in obese category. Have now lost 9 inches off my hips, 5 off my waist and 5 off each thigh. I am fitter than I have been for years and in training for a 5 day charity trek on the Great Wall of China - today did a 7.5 mile walk in 2 hours - would have taken me far longer 6 months ago. I bought some new clothes last week - all size small! Even better are the comments I am getting from friends and colleagues - all helps spur me on!

Now working to a weight in the middle of the BMI zone - will know what feels right when I get there - probably around 125 pounds or so - and will be helped by the increasing intensity of training for China - I have 19 weeks to go and by the end of it will be doing 8 hr walks, and 6 hr ones on consecutive days.

In my comparison weight loss measure I have lost 61 packs of butter (and 92 from when I separated) - that's a lot of fat!

:c arrot::car rot:

One carrot (15) per kilo lost!
  • Woooo! Congratulations!!!! You've come so far! I'm sure you'll be able to get to your goal
  • Congrats
  • Well done you!!
  • Great Work.. Good luck on your training..