Weight Watchers without the meetings

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: Hi, can anyone tell me how to find out how many weight watchers pro points I'm allowed without joining?
    Hi Howwood,

Like everything, the answer to your question can be found just by googling it. I found it on wikihow.com and ehow.com
  • I just started back on the old program, again. PP did not work for me. I like the idea of a thread for non-meeting check-ins. I'll keep checking back.
  • Me too, Rockermom. Can't afford the meetings etc right now, but still have some items from a few years ago. Also, so many great resources online to help.
  • I did meetings many times, I liked the meetings. But since I'm doing momentum now the meetings would be (IMO) a waste of money.
  • Hi, I'm new to this site but am looking for support with the momentum plan. would love to join this group if i can. thanks
  • I was thinking of doing weight watchers on my own also. I have a really old starter book & slide & a coworker told me the point system had changed slightly, but I will give it a go with the old material. Well done to evryone who has succeeded on their own.
  • Quote: I lost most of my weight with the method you are using. I initially went to meetings, hated them, and went the online route. I realized after a few months that I really didn't need what I was paying $18 a month for.

I have a few sites that are hugely helpful to me and a wealth of resource. I know we can't post links here, but you can PM me if you need them.

There are even free points calculators online. Say if you have nutritional information for a recipe and need to know the points, you can plug into one of the calculators and it will spit out the points. Of course, you have to be sure the nutritional information is correct to begin with. Just google free weight loss calculator.
    jillfiredup,

How do I private message you to get the information that you mentioned about WW points calculator?
  • Hello Kpg72,

Jillfiredup has not been on since 5/2010. Since you are very new, you don't have PMing capabilities yet (you have to wait 20 days to the day and second you signed up and have 20 posts.) For now, you can type in "free weight watcher points calculator" in your search engine and you'll see a few sites with either the old points calculator and/or points plus calculator (I like calculatorcat.) HTH!!!
  • I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone on this forum for all the great details about how to follow the old Momentum program!

I started WW Flex/Momentum in 2009 and lost almost 100 pounds in just over a year. Then I hit a plateau and struggled for awhile, and the program switched to PP+. I was so hopeful the new program would help me break through that wall and start losing again, but I had no success whatsoever. I've started and stopped and restarted PP+ about six times in the last three years and gave up every few months when I'd have no results.

I'm really excited to give the old momentum plan a try again! I've already been tracking my food in MFP, but I'm really happy that I can now see the points according to the old system also...I'm curious to see if it still can work for me as well as it did the first time, especially after so many years struggling!
  • So is this where we hold each other accountable or is there another thread? Looks like this one has fizzled out?