Frozen Peanut Butter Yogurt Cups

• Full disclosure: I got this idea from a website about making dog treats. Still, it's extremely delicious!

Ingredients:
    1 750g tub of plain yogurt
    1 500g jar of peanut butter
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine the vanilla, peanut butter, and yogurt in a pot and heat until peanut butter has melted and been thoroughly mixed with the yogurt.

Spoon the mixture into paper muffin cups. I filled my muffin cups about 2/3 of the way full, and managed to get 24. Freeze, and eat at your leisure. They melt in your mouth and satisfy a sweet tooth without added sugar.

I did the math to figure out the carb count, and it's a little higher than I had anticipated. I got each cup to be 10 carbs, 8 of which is from the peanut butter.

I think next time I'll make them with 2 tubs of yogurt, or maybe 1.5 tubs. They'll be less peanut-buttery, but I'll get more cups out of it and much fewer carbs per cup!
  • Yum, that sounds very good! Must try!
  • Sounds very good.
  • Oh my god - they sound amazing! Definitely going to try them!
  • they sound delicious! i will make some today!
    If you want to lower the carb count and make it more nutritious you could use almond butter instead of peanut butter Peanuts are actually not a nut but a legume so they are higher in carbs..
  • just put mine in the freezer! I used greek yoghurt because that´s all we had in the fridge, so we´ll see how it turns out thanks again for the recipe!