Scale is moving again!!

• Finally after almost 3 weeks the scale has started moving again. I have been sliding back and forth between 218 and 221, started noticing the scale moving a couple of days ago and now I'm down to 215. Woohooweird. !!! I have to say, I was getting very discouraged and the old me would have just given up. But I stayed on plan and made myself keep exercising and it has paid off. A bit of a personal and TMI question...Do any of you take a fiber supplement? I was a bit backed up and retaining water, but as soon as I....ummmmm...relieved the issue, the swelling went down also. Weird. I eat lots of vegetables, but not a lot of whole grains so I'm thinking a fiber supplement might be in order. Thoughts?
  • Good for you... both the scale and not giving up.

I wondered about that fiber supplement thing too because I just reread the book and see that Dr. A suggests a drink of fiber before meals. Does anyone do that?

And I have bean eating tons of beans but know I won't be able to get them on vacation. (And I usually have ... ahem... problems on vacation.) So I wondered if anyone added fiber supplements just when traveling?
  • Yay for the scale working for you!!!

I tried taking a fiber supplement but IT made me bloated and I felt awful! I just eat my beans and grains and that works for me. I stay away from wheat mostly and eat more oats. I also add flax seed to a lot of things.
  • Karen, could you take some roasted chick peas with you?
  • Good for you!

The first time I was on the beach I lost 50 pounds and hit several plateaus along the way.... It can be very frustrating, but when I stayed OP, I always seemed to have a wooosh after 3 or 4 weeks.

As for the fiber, yeah.... my husband and I both take 2 SF Fiber Choice tablets a day. It definitely helps... I don't know if we'll still need them on Phase II, but for now we do.
  • Congrats Daphne! That's great!
  • Congrats on getting through your plateau!
    I don't know about the fiber. I guess I am getting enough fiber in my diet because I haven't had any need to take it. I don't think trying a supplement would hurt and if I was having issues, I would definitely give it a shot.
  • Great job busting through that plateau!!!

I don't have problems that would require a fiber supplement, even on Phase 1. I do, however, take a probiotic supplement twice a day and that keeps my digestive problems to a minimum.
  • Hi Hi!

on the loss! Awesome.

For me, I feel a bit stopped up on the plan but gassy. So I do take a fiber supplement most of the time - I do it in chewable form and a sugar free variety (Fiber Choice) and they taste pretty good. I take them at night as it takes a bit to work and they kind of remind me of candy so I take them right before bed. Can't eat in my sleep And an overeating of these things is not an option though I did not want to trigger cravings.

Congrats again on the loss!
  • Kara - I will try those soon for a test run.

TallGirl - I tried probiotic supplements once and will never do that again! I will not get graphic... but my system must be weird since lots of people swear by them.

Not sure if I am going to try fiber supplements or not... but if I do it is nice to see how others are incorporating them. I sure would want to try them at home and not on a trip!
  • Thank you all so much for your support. I think I will try those fiber chews too. Glad to know I'm not the only gassy one. (My poor husband)
  • We use a fiber supplement from Trader Joes called 'Secrets of the Psyllium' or something like that. Let me just say, it works. And it's inexpensive.
  • As a side effect, my doctor says the fiber supplements can lower your cholesterol too!