Kashi Pizza

• I read on one of the discussions that someone ate this on Phase 2....What do you think???

http://www2.kelloggs.com/ServeImage....9d8ebc557bf70f

Couldn't copy and paste the nutritional info- but this is the link...Thanks Lisa
  • I regularly enjoy the thin-crust Kashi pizzas, and I think they're OK for an occasional meal on Phase 2.
    I usually have 1/2 of the pizza as a portion size, and heap it with extra veggies. It has never caused any cravings or any other problems for me, and I find it very satisfying and filling.
  • We enjoy the thin crust, and also add extra ingredients. Pizza is my DH's favorite and this has been a great way to incorporate a favorite into SBD. I have recently started making my own whole wheat crust to save $$, but always have a few Kashi in the freezer-I only buy them on sale.
  • Also...if it helps anyone...we'll make pizza by using a WW tortilla. THen everyone in the house can top it as they like.
  • Quote: Also...if it helps anyone...we'll make pizza by using a WW tortilla. THen everyone in the house can top it as they like.
    Ditto...we use the Ezekial tortillas since they get really crisp.
  • I used to do the same with WW tortillas on a previous stint of SB. I added black beans to up the fiber and protein. Very yummy.

Have you tried the Spaghetti Squash Deep Dish Pie? It tastes a lot like pizza. I am LOVING it.
  • No I have never had spaghetti squash but I am planning on trying that soon. I've seen it mentioned on the boards here quite often...Thanks everyone!
  • Hubby & I love the thin crust Roasted Vegetable Kashi pizza. We split it. I need to try adding extra veggies on top.
  • I had some tonight and it was really good (craved it from reading about it). Two thumbs up as a once a month treat!
  • Thanks again everyone!
  • never tried them simply because of the expense! It has cost me a small fortune to feed us all since NOV. I used to buy so many unhealthy choices because they were cheap with coupons. Now that is out I spend so much more.

What I do is make them with WW Pitas that I get here they have NO additives or sugar I slice them in half and toast them a bit with rough side up, then a bit of no sugar added ragu and a ton of veggies and such. Always a favorite dinner here and cheap as each pita makes two personal size pizzas!