Happy Happy NSV

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I'm getting ready to go out and do some stuff, and, I have to admit, whenever I leave the house, I tend to dress way up, because it's fun, and I have pretty clothes now. The "problem" is that I am often standing in front of my wardrobe, agonizing over what to wear, because I like everything in there. Not much of a problem, hence the scare quotes, but I really am not used to this feeling.

In the Bad Old Days, I stood in front of my wardrobe, agonizing over my horrible options, and usually settling for what was clean, still fit, and was vaguely appropriate for the situation. I realized today, while I was standing there, that my decisions nowadays are primarily driven by getting just a couple more wears out of the clothes I love before they get TOO BIG. I mean, the money burn kind of sucks, but I'm good at shopping clearance racks, and being annoyed because you're shrinking out of your clothes is a heck of a lot better than going in the other direction.
  • This is so joyful! I am thrilled for you. Furthermore, it's wonderful that putting on your clothes now is a happpy thing!
  • Outstanding! I'm really happy for you!
  • Quote: being annoyed because you're shrinking out of your clothes is a heck of a lot better than going in the other direction.

lolol!

Great for you!
  • Whoot. So happy for you.
  • So true!! I love that feeling! Congratulations!
  • Oh yeah, shrinking is better than expanding but I also get annoyed that things I like can't shrink with me. Not that I don't like buying new things, but I did have some things I have really, really liked that turned into tents!!

Good thing I like consignment stores.
  • Yeah, the frustration of having a closet full of clothes that are too small and knowing that one more bite of junk and the clothes that are tight now won't be possible is very upsetting. Buying clothes in a larger size is the worst. Buying in a smaller size is FANTASTIC!! Ironically, it's about the same $$. So if I think about it as the trend I had going was causing me to buy new clothes every so often, I might as well be spending my money on smaller ones!

Great for you!!
  • It's an awesome feeling, isn't it?
  • Congrats to you! I, unfortunately, recently had to purchase new black dress pants. Because the ones that I had altered down to fit me last year in March/April are now... too tight. BOO.

So, like BeachBreeze said, you're going to be spending money on clothes either way. Celebrate spending those bucks on clothes in a size down rather than in a size up!
  • Good for you! New clothes is one of the things I'm looking forward to as I lose.
  • I feel you sister. You read my mind.
  • Yay!!

You're so right - "Rats, this doesn't fit anymore" comes with a whole different set of emotions (and a smile rather than tears) when it's too big than when it was too small.
  • I totally understand That's an awesome NSV!
  • Aw, thanks, everybody! I always knew, once I lost the weight (or most of it, as is the case at the moment) I'd turn into a total clotheshorse, but I had no idea I'd be dressing up to go to the greengrocer!