How many calories? Starting weight and goal and how long did it take you?

• Hi i am new to 3FC and i am counting calories! I have 40 lb to lose!! I was hoping i could find inspiration from my fellow calorie counters??
    For INSPIRATION purposes Could you please share with me

1) How many calories did you normally consume per day?
    2) What was your starting weight and where are you now?
    3) At GOAL if so how long did it take you????

Thank you and i am sooooo excited to be on here with everyone!!!!
  • I am about halfway to goal but here's what Ive done so far:

1) I stay between 1,500 and 1,600 calories a day. Sometimes higher, sometimes lower but it generally averages out. As I lose, I will lower my calories until I get to goal and I can start maintaining, but this has worked well for me so far.

2) My starting weight was 187 (after having a baby). Right now I am at 163 so almost 25 lbs down.

3) Im not at goal yet but it took me about 4 months to lose the first 20 lbs. I took a break from dieting for about 10 months (with a small 3 lb gain), and just got serious again three weeks ago. So far in three weeks I have lost about 7.5 lbs.

Welcome to 3FC this place is awesome!!!
  • Hi! I'm almost to my goal. Not quite there yet. Thought I would answer your questions anyway!

1) How many calories did you normally consume per day?
    I have about 1200-1500 calories per day. Kinda picked that range for myself.

2) What was your starting weight and where are you now?
    I started at 171 lbs. and am now at 112.8 lbs. Grr... 1.8 lbs. shy of having lost 60 lbs. and taking so long!

3) At GOAL if so how long did it take you????
    Well, I'm almost at goal. So close! So far I've lost almost 60 lbs. in 10 months. From November to early January I had a two-month long plateau... Seven pounds away from my goal now though.

MrsLovett
  • Hi there!!!

I eat 1,000 ca/day from Mon – Fri and on the weekend 1,700 – 2,000 cal. My starting weight was 140 lb, now I am at 131 lb (9 lb lost in the first month). This week didn’t loose much, as I was sick and had a lot of comfort food.

The less you have to loose the slower the process. I think 1 lb / week is great for me, I don’t expect more. My goal weight is 126 lb, but may stop at 128 lb as my husband want me to stay “juice” and not skinny…will see)))
  • 1) How many calories did you normally consume per day?Approx 1400~but I consulted with my doctor~this is a gret idea~And you should never go under 1200 Is what I have read for health issues. But again may wanna consult with your doctor to see what is best for you
    2) What was your starting weight and where are you now? start weight was 259.9 ~I am at 163.6 Now~So A total of alittle over 96 pounds lost
    3) At GOAL if so how long did it take you???? Not at goal yet But nearly there~I started November 11th of 2008 ~So it will be 15 months for me On Febuary 11th~I have lost a little over 96 pounds.~My first 3 months I lost 30 pounds cause the weight came off quicker though

If you need some help with some good websites thats helpful to calories counters or anything like that~Or even just some support ~feel free to message me~I am online most everyday~We do have a snow/ice storm coming here over the next few days in OHIO so I may be with out electric but I hope not~LOL

OH and if you click into my signature ~you can see my before & after pics or Just click my avatar pic & it will take you to my before & after pic in My profile.~I know longer look like me~which is a good thing
    GOODLUCK
  • This is great! All of you are so inspiring
    I find it sooooo encouraging to myself and others when we read about others stories ESPECIALLY when the information that everyone wants to know is shared!! I don't know about everyone else but for me(and others i DO know) it gives me that extra push to keep going and that I can make my dreams of a healthy happy body come true! THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!

HOPE THERE ARE MORE TO ADD TODAY!!!!!
  • I'm averaging about 1450 per day. I shoot for 1200-1500, but I give myself a cushion and as long as I'm below 1600, I consider myself in range for the day.

I'm honestly very satisfied with the amount I'm eating - I don't think I could really eat a lot more calories on a regular basis unless I started eating junk. But in terms of good food, it's enough. I will eat more if I'm hungry, but my criteria is that it has to be healthy food, or I must not really be hungry.

Still have a long way to go before I'm at goal, but I've lost about 27 lbs since 11/2/09. I am 47, almost 48, and can definitely tell that the weight is coming off more slowly than it would have when I was younger. But it's coming off and that's what matters.
  • I aim for between 1300-1600 a day. That seems to be a comfortable range for me. I started January 2009 at 182 lbs and now I am at 137 lbs. I guess that is pretty slow progress, but I knew the changes I made had to be ones I could stick with over the long run, so I picked a calorie range I felt confident I could live with. I haven't reached my goal yet. I am hoping to lose another 5 pounds. It might take me another 5 months, but I am just going to keep plugging away at it.
  • I lost right at 80 pounds, though I'm not 100% sure what my starting weight was. I KNOW it was around 220 or 225, so I figure from there. I started on July 31, 2007, and reached my current weight by October/November 2008. I worked out (and still do) 5 days a week for cardio, with weights 3 times a week.

Starting out I was eating 1,300 calories a day, and lost for a while. When that stopped, I upped my calories to about 1,500 a day and lost pretty steadily from then on out. Now I'm consuming about 1,800 a day...and maintaining very well.
  • I originally started last March I set my original goal at 115 pounds (from 142). I eat 1,050 calories a day and then I was working out at least 30-45 minutes a day. It took me about 3 months to get to my goal.

I am back at it again after a stressful period at work which caused a 9 pound gain. I changed my goal weight too.