Binge-free challenge ~ Feb. 1 - 7

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • paris -- oh I hear you. i'm impressed that you came back here and reported what happened, instead of running away. i myself have been avoiding the boards because i (kind of like you) got some bad news this past weekend and was too upset to care about food. i am now feeling bloated and guilty, but at least i'm ready to try again.

so now my record is 25 days. tomorrow is day 1.
  • I'd also like to join in. If binge eating were the equivalent of jumping off of a cliff, last Thursday night I basically was dangling off the edge, holding on with one hand! At least I managed to pull myself up and out of it.

So, based on that I have about 4 days.

Day 1's are the hardest, but I have to remember to not beat myself up too much... which can lead to more binge eating. I'm trying to focus on learning from my mistakes and moving forward.
  • Day 13.
  • I am nearing week 4 and though I've slipped, I haven't binged - a six-piece nugget and small fry or a couple beers.

Yesterday someone left me a Facebook comment "When's the baby due?" and apparently felt bad and immediately deleted it, but you still get the e-mail... you'd think that those kinds of comments would motivate you to lose weight, but it made me really insecure and my first instinct was to binge.

But I didn't! We're chicks in control!
  • Last night was so horrible. Basically 5 minutes after I posted on here I caved. I couldn't even tell you how many cookies I ate or how many bags of peanut M&Ms wound up disappearing ugh If that other tech hadn't of brought all that crap in it probably would have been a binge free day for me. And to make things worse I was just too exhausted this morning to even go work out making me REALLY feel like crap. ugh Hoping for day 1 today....

~D~
  • Thanks everyone for your kind words--such support and encouragment! It feels good, even though I feel gross!

I used day one to binge again--It was pathetic, and a total excuse. I figured I should get one more day in--how sick is that? Sunday night, I didn't feel completly sick from my binge, but last night I did, and afterwards, I just keep repeating to myself "Never again, Never again". So I hope I spoke the truth.

Honestly, the food wasn't that great. And it's not like I can never have that food, I just can't have them in mass quantity--and why would I? It's gross, I felt sick, my heart was racing, I had heartburn, yuck yuck yuck!

And I say I did it because I didn't want to think about food and worry about eating healthy--I didn't want to deal with "the work". But in reality, it was more work to binge! I have all the healthy food at home, it would have taken less time to make a salad and a healthy grain and protien than it did to go to the grocery store to buy the junk that I ate! Where's the logic?

Anyway, enough babble--day one again, and I won't fall today.
  • that is a great attitude paris! today is not yesterday... you can do this!!!! if you need to, even give yourself mini goals today - make it till lunch, make it till supper, go to bed early if you have to... give yourself a Kudos for making it through day 1 (something to look forward to...) and give it to yourself tomorrow when it is day 2. then set up another Kudos for day 7 and earn it!!!
  • Day 2 of no binging, though yesterday I did overeat because I was out to dinner w/ friends.

I keep telling myself: at least I didn't have an appetizer, alcohol, or dessert to go along with it, and I didn't eat after I got home.
  • Hi ladies...hope no one minds if I join. Today is day one, so far so good. My downfall is nighttime. I work second shift and get home around midnight, usually this is when I lose it. Eating out of habit, not hunger. Jumping from this snack to that to omg did I just eat all that crap!?! It's totally frustrating for me to stick to my points and do so well all day and I just cave so easily. I always tell myself no but just one bite....which leads to ridicoulousness. Anyway, I'm hoping that posting will keep me accountable. I'm trying to make it whatever they say it takes two weeks or 21 days or something to break a habit. It would be sweet!
  • Paris - To make it 83 days is an incredible accomplishment. I hope to one day get there too!

That being said, I can totally sympathize with you! For some reason I never remember how much I hate binge eating until after I do it. One thing that helps me on Day 1's is to have a plan for what I'm going to eat, and exercise! Also, if I get a really strong urge to binge eat, one thing that helps me is to go for a walk. It helps me calm down and get some perspective on my thoughts.

Raichu - Way to ignore the rude comment! Sadly, for many emotions, my first instinct is to binge. Woohoo for being in control!
  • oh myyy back to day 1 for me tomorrow, I dont know what happened, I did soooo awesome all day, exercised and ate great. Now I'm bloated and feel like complete crap, why do I do this to myself??
  • I made it through the day ladies.....and I was even able to get in 30 minutes of good cardio making me feel a bit better about last nights binge. Hopefully everyone else survived the day as well...

~D~
  • I haven't posted here for a while, but I am trying to get back on track yet again. I have been binge-free for 9 days now. Today was the first of those that I really wanted to binge, but I didn't.

Good luck with the rest of the week everyone!
  • Day 14! That's half a month!
  • Today is day 3 for me. I have not binged and I have stayed within my points. My goal is to make it through the weekend, then through the rest of the month.

I know We can all do this!

Tammy