Am I the only one...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • who feels she/he can't keep up with the board?

I come a few times a day to read, I try to comment on threads, but I seem to never be able to get caught up... and given our recent times of "offlineness" here at our house... which are all fixed by the way!!...I feel even more like I am never gonna be able to keep up with all the threads... which really help me along my journey by the way.

Please tell me I'm not alone and it's ok to not feel guilty for not "talking" more.
  • I make a point to go back and read the threads I have posted to and if I want, continue posting to those threads. I read NEW POSTS when I come and as capture my interest.

Another option for you is to choose only one or two boards and read those threads only.
  • I think we can only post as often as time allows. Sometimes, I know I just do a few. Other days, I can post more.
  • bwaaaa haaaa haaaaa... I only read the 100 pound club most of the time..lol. I also go to some homeschooling boards, they take most of my time I guess.
  • I used to stay caught up a lot better than I do now. I think it's because there has been a huge influx of new chicks in January and the group is very active right now. That's a GOOD thing! But I've been really busy at work and busy sewing quilts as gifts, so I haven't had as much time as I would like to read 3FC. In fact, I should be heading for the shower and getting ready for work NOW!
  • Quote: I make a point to go back and read the threads I have posted to and if I want, continue posting to those threads. I read NEW POSTS when I come and as capture my interest.

Another option for you is to choose only one or two boards and read those threads only.
    By "BOARDS" I am referring to the subforums.
  • Quote: By "BOARDS" I am referring to the subforums.
    I gotcha

Right now I'm suposed to be looking up things to use for my oldest next year for school.. tax money is due in soon and that is when I buy the expensive things that we need/want to use.. but I'm slacking...lol.
  • I subscribe to the ones I post to. It helps but I am still a newbie with a lot of reading!!! Love it though...cause someone always asks what is exactly on my mind.
  • I randomly check in here on this board a few times a day (10 - 15 minutes here and there while at the office) and then when I get home at night. I can't read everything, but I try to scan most of the posts here on the 100+ subforum!
  • I'm sort of random - when I get a chance, I might read all the open threads here and try to post on all of them, esp. to add a word of support or congratulations (and sometimes I really mean just a single word, but I know that any response is helpful). But other times, I just pop in for a few minutes and just skim what catched my attention.

I try to stay mostly here and the 40something board, but that one has a different flow - instead of lots of individual threads like here, everyone mostly posts on one general thread. The 100 lb club format is easier for me, I can read and respond to just one or two threads if I only have a few minutes, whereas the other format, it's trying to keep up with a lot going on, and I have to really set aside time to read and try to respond.

I was feeling somewhat guilty about that but decided that the function of this place is for support, and I need to just do what works for me. So I still try to offer support as best I can, but not make myself feel guilty that I can't keep up with everyone and everything.
  • I'm there with Matt, and then I occasionally check new posts and scan for anything of interest.
  • I've got several boards I keep involved with. I do one for a month or so, and then dissapear a while-- My art board hasen't gotten any comment since last May. It's not like I am not interested and don't want to participate. I think I tend to do things seasonally-- or at least based on what I am doing at the time. Pretty soon, In February, I will start my college classes again, and I probably will not post for 9 months. (I will come in every month or so to change my weight, and occasional reading) I am hoping to lose about 50-60 pounds in that 9 months.
  • I know I've become too addicted when:

a) I have to keep hitting the refresh button and there's nothing new.

b) When I start to feel like it's my duty to respond to every thread.

I get that way and then I know I need to take a breather. None of us are obligated to post or read everything. I often judge from the title whether or not I want to open a thread and then I love the feature where if you hover the mouse over the title you get a glimpse of what's inside.

It's been busier lately, but I like that.
  • You are not the only one. Like others have mentioned there is alot more activity as of late--and that's good news!

I try to always check on my posts (anything I post or comment on) and I mostly stick to the 100 pound club, because that's where I'm at.

Don't feel guilty.
  • Do not feel guilty! It is counter productive. Read what you, reply when you can, and don't worry about it. The only time i feel responsible about reading and replying is when i start a thread.