What counts as a serving of chicken?

• I'm new to South Beach, just getting ready to jump from Phase 1 to Phase 2 and one thing that still confused me in the recipes is what counts as single serving of chicken.

I've been saving up and buying organic skinless, chicken breasts at Trader Joe's, but the smallest I can find are about 8 oz. That seems like a lot. Should these be split and if so how, across or split down the middle?

Thanks in advance for an info you can share.
  • Protein is unlimited. What a lot of us do is we eat our veggies first then protein. You should eat until comfortably full and not stuffed. I would probably cook the whole thing and then cut it into 2 or 3 pieces. I would start with one piece and if still hungry eat another piece. The leftovers could be for lunch the next day.

Tammie

By the way questions like this might need to be posted in the general area. I am afraid it might get missed up here.
  • Thanks Tammie, I'm still finding my way around here. I was just curious in a recipe when they ask for 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves am I buying a half that's 8 oz or is that for me to do at home?
  • 4 oz is one typical serving, yes.
  • Thank's, that makes sense.
  • The rule of thumb is that a serving of meat should be approximately the size of a deck of cards. That would be 4 - 6 oz.