OK so Here's the thing...

• I decided not to get a scale because I know I would be obsessive and if there was no loss or a gain I wouldn't do well. I got a tape measure on last Thursday with the plan of measuring my waist, hips and butt on a weekly basis. Well of course I've been obsessing. I measure every two days. Since I bought the tape measure I have seen progress. However, why is my belly taking so long to move. I have lost 2 inches in my hips and 2 inches in my waist but only 3/4 in my belly. Do I need to do something else for it so I can get it to get smaller quicker.

I suppose I should be happy because that's a loss and it means I'm doing well. I guess it's the old saying, we are our own worst critic.
  • Quote: ...why is my belly taking so long to move.
    Because you're a woman.
  • Sounds like you have a great plan! I didn't weigh myself either when I started but used the tape measure and my pants to measure my loss. I found that my loss was fairly even, but there were definitely some stubborn places. While I lost a lot overall my stomach was a bit slower. A few weeks ago my belly fat wooshed. It seemed like overnight I went from sort of pregnant looking to not. Just keep with your plan and you'll definitely see a loss in your belly it might just take a while.
  • Since my belly is always the first place I gain, I figure it'll be the last place I lose *sigh*

There's no way to make fat be lost in one area of your body over another, unfortunately.
  • I've heard that weight loss always occurs last, where we need it worst. And in my experience that's true. The first place I'm going to notice weight loss is around my face and chin. Last? That gut.
  • You are moving....
  • I would give anything to lose 2 inches on my waist!
  • I don't know how you are measuring (where you are defining your waist and belly), but if your waist is above what you are considering your belly, it is possible that since you have lost fat in your waist the skin has drooped to the belly region making it look like you are loosing fat slower there. I keep my measurements to and I have noticed it doesn't move evenly fo me either. I also measure my bust/chest and thighs. Keep up the good work...the belly will have to give in and go eventually.
  • Congratulations!
    We all have our unique body "flaws." Yours must be your belly.
    Keep up the good work!
    Judy