Size 16? Yeah!

• I ordered some pants from the Old Navy website recently. They have a great selection of plus size clothes up to size 30 and excellent prices, if you've never checked it out. The only bad part is that you even have to go online to order.

I don't think it's fair that they seemed ashamed of their fat customers, but whatever. I've always loved ON clothes, hopefully they'll someday see the light. Anyway!

When I was 270 I was in a size 22 that was super tight, so had to switch to men's pants to be comfortable. Ugh, talk about unattractive! But I felt that since I've lost a little over 30 lbs, I could probably get some nice attractive pants from the ON site, and they were having a sale.

I bought a size 20, two size 18s, and two size 16s. My thinking was, wear the 20s and possibly even the 18s if I'm lucky til I lose a few more and fit into the 16s.

But I was very pleasantly surprised when I put on the 20s and they were really loose! Then the 18s, and even they had quite a bit of give.

When I tried on the 16s, I was so amazed and proud of myself that they fit perfectly! I was proud when I finally broke 240, but having this very real symbol of my loss that I was able to put on size 16s again, it was like a big hug from the confidence fairy.

I remember when I could wear size 10 loosely, and I keep thinking about all the boxes in the back of my closet just filled with awesome treasures waiting for me to put them on again. I'm so excited, yeah!
  • yay! thats awesome. obviously what ever you are doing is working, keep it up.
  • Yay congrats! Im hoping to fit into 16's very soon! You better return those 20's and 18's and get 14's and 12's!!!!!! =)
  • That's great!! I love Old Navy clothes, too. I have a huge box of stuff that I used to be able to wear (before marriage & 2 kids) that I hope to wear once again. Most of those clothes are from Old Navy.

You should be able to find that size in their stores, too! Have fun shopping!
  • That's awesome Kellye!! I just got in a size 16 myself!!! Keep up the amazing work!!
  • Quote: Yay congrats! Im hoping to fit into 16's very soon! You better return those 20's and 18's and get 14's and 12's!!!!!! =)
    I didn't even think of that! Good call, give myself even more incentive. I'm so excited!

jenjem: I have the same thing, I can't bear to part with old clothes and now I'm glad I held onto them.

lemon: Thanks and congrats to you too
  • congrats to you